First Divison 22/23

7 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

This is a great point as I agree I would love a great big grass park however when you have 500 kids and 5 adult teams then the only way forward is 4G. 

i disagree with the atmosphere part though as we have had our ground rocking in a few occasions.

Agree about atmosphere.

At both Kilsyth Athletic games against K Rangers and Clydebank there was a good buzz around the cage despite the minimal facilities the Sportsfield has for now.

And to be fair not any moaning as the visitors seemed to accept where the baby club is at in its development.

Well done to Gartcairn on their promotion. I visited for the 1st time in the South Cup Semi Final vs Drumchapel and there was a decent atmosphere but overall I found it all very soulless - I appreciate there will be more work done - one of the things I enjoy about watching games at this level is the ability to move around the ground, watch from different sides/behind the goals etc which at the moment isn't the case at the MTC. I can understand the need for the astro but I'm not a fan of the cage set up but appreciate that it's still very much early days for the club. 

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I wish Gartcairn FC every success and look forward to seeing further developments on the spectator front at MTC.

Here's me at the game last night being presented with the half time draw prize, which I also drew.

Pic-2 President Archie Ralston with Lord Lieutenant Mushtaq Ahmad OBE - Presentation in front of Cartland Bridge Hotel.jpg

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I wish Gartcairn FC every success and look forward to seeing further developments on the spectator front at MTC.

You're a politician, aren't you brother?

Answering a question without answering a question.

😏😏😏😏😏

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Here's me at the game last night being presented with the half time draw prize, which I also drew.

Pic-2 President Archie Ralston with Lord Lieutenant Mushtaq Ahmad OBE - Presentation in front of Cartland Bridge Hotel.jpg

So if I look out my father in law's old regimental jacket I  can get access to the gold toilets and all the other freebies. Thanks for the heads up. 😉😉😉

Edited by HorseyGhirl

40 minutes ago, sel0975 said:

Well done to Gartcairn on their promotion. I visited for the 1st time in the South Cup Semi Final vs Drumchapel and there was a decent atmosphere but overall I found it all very soulless - I appreciate there will be more work done - one of the things I enjoy about watching games at this level is the ability to move around the ground, watch from different sides/behind the goals etc which at the moment isn't the case at the MTC. I can understand the need for the astro but I'm not a fan of the cage set up but appreciate that it's still very much early days for the club. 

Think this is @PossilYM and myself's first spat but it needs saying. 😀😀

That's a fair point 're the cages. But, there are a number of traditional grounds where this is not possible; without even thinking I give you Guys Meadow.

Do you find it soulless because cages for all intents and purposes look the same. Personally it does not bother me, but I can understand your point. 

Hopefully it doesn't sour your overall experience of the football on show. Which is main treason we go is it not?

#cages are the future. 😜

36 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That's a fair point 're the cages. But, there are a number of traditional grounds where this is not possible; without even thinking I give you Guys Meadow.

Do you find it soulless because cages for all intents and purposes look the same. Personally it does not bother me, but I can understand your point. 

Hopefully it doesn't sour your overall experience of the football on show. Which is main treason we go is it not?

#cages are the future. 😜

No doubt through time some of the cages will develop if the teams have success on the park and move up the leagues.

Other teams will move elsewhere if they get success.

Sadly i believe Gartcairn can't sell food or drink for profit because it's a council facility.

38 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

No doubt through time some of the cages will develop if the teams have success on the park and move up the leagues.

Other teams will move elsewhere if they get success.

Sadly i believe Gartcairn can't sell food or drink for profit because it's a council facility.

All joking aside. All cages are not the same.

I always give Bonnyton as a positive example of a cage. Stepford is a new one that is moving in an upward direction and I believe they have plans to further expand there and enhance the experience.

The other extreme, as we are both aware, is the Hub. Where that can be improved is at best uncertain and the support from EDC is non-existent.

MTC is one I know from my youth coaching days and from my memory it has limitations physically. But by reports Cairn are doing a smashing job within its constraints.

Another I know well is Kilsyth Sportsfield it has possibilities as there is physical room for expansion and enhancement. The small but neat pavilion is adjacent to the cage and has decent facilities for players and committees. Not so much for fans at this point but I believe the club have plans and NLC appear to have supported Cairn at Airdrie Leisure Centre.

This is getting longer than I intended, but want to touch on catering, etc.

One of my local clubs Turncoat Rovers at Meadow Park have a thriving wee social club. Wherein they have ample seating, fully stocked bar, excellent catering, and multiple tv's for football and racing coverage. It can be busy before, during and after a game as they have a range of hospitality packages on offer.

Additionally they have acts on Saturday nights and other functions. 

For non league clubs I know hospitality revenue is a serious income generator.

Again I am aware of new clubs actively exploring the fan experience aspect of a game. 

What I'm saying is; support and encourage these new adventures, they might just be the Lok's and Talbot's of the future.

Got some points on traditional grounds but that's enough for one post.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

5 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

All joking aside. All cages are not the same.

I always give Bonnyton as a positive example of a cage. Stepford is a new one that is moving in an upward direction and I believe they have plans to further expand there and enhance the experience.

The other extreme, as we are both aware, is the Hub. Where that can be improved is at best uncertain and the support from EDC is non-existent.

MTC is one I know from my youth coaching days and from my memory it has limitations physically. But by reports Cairn are doing a smashing job within its constraints.

Another I know well is Kilsyth Sportsfield it has possibilities as there is physical room for expansion and enhancement. The small but neat pavilion is adjacent to the cage and has decent facilities for players and committees. Not so much for fans at this point but I believe the club have plans and NLC appear to have supported Cairn at Airdrie Leisure Centre.

This is getting longer than I intended, but want to touch on catering, etc.

One of my local clubs Turncoat Rovers at Meadow Park have a thriving wee social club. Wherein they have ample seating, fully stocked bar, excellent catering, and multiple tv's for football and racing coverage. It can be busy before, during and after a game as they have a range of hospitality packages on offer.

Additionally they have acts on Saturday nights and other functions. 

For non league clubs I known hospitality revenue is a serious income generator.

Again I am aware of new clubs actively exploring the fan experience aspect of a game. 

What I'm saying is; support and encourage these new adventures, they might just be the Lok's and Talbot's of the future.

Got some points on traditional grounds but that's enough for one post.

It's not the actual astro pitch/cage that's the problem long term.

With time and money they can be adapted into great wee stadiums.

It's some of the teams using them.

Here today gone tomorrow usually because of money and fallouts.

Btw do you really thing there's enough enough paying punters for two clubs in a place the size of Kilsyth?

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

#cages are the future. 😜

I've only been to a few of the 'cage' set up including MTC, Drumchapel etc - I'm sure they will develop over time should space allow but some of them have the 'leisure centre' feel about them, u feel a bit heemed in. Agree not all grounds enable u to walk around all sides but in my experience the majority do and even Guys Meadow has more freedom including the decent bar/social club. As u say what's on the park is the most important but for me the ground is part of the overall package of enjoying the visit/experience. I know clubs have to start somewhere and many will progress over time. 

12 minutes ago, sel0975 said:

I've only been to a few of the 'cage' set up including MTC, Drumchapel etc - I'm sure they will develop over time should space allow but some of them have the 'leisure centre' feel about them, u feel a bit heemed in. Agree not all grounds enable u to walk around all sides but in my experience the majority do and even Guys Meadow has more freedom including the decent bar/social club. As u say what's on the park is the most important but for me the ground is part of the overall package of enjoying the visit/experience. I know clubs have to start somewhere and many will progress over time. 

I'm in no way accusing you of what I'm about to say. There can be a tendency to almost dismiss these new setups without experiencing them.

Totally understand the leisure centre view. Some examples are the Hub and Inverkeithing at Dalgety Bay. Maybe even MTC but not been there recently to comment.

I used Guys as I know it well and it's actually a great example to hold up for any non league club; pitch aside of course, it has a fantastic terracing and I know there are those who prefer to stand behind the goal area. There are others that are definitely not as good.

I think ground facilities for non league clubs is an important part of each club's sustainability. It is an important debate for fans to have and for me the debate should apply to all grounds not just cages.

It can't become the usual slagging off of clubs that happens all the time. Constructive observations is what we want.

If you can get yourself to the Synergy for a Bonnyton game at some point and feel free to honestly assess it. Won't fall out if you don't enjoy your experience there. 😀

11 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You've been to Gartcairn, where exactly could you put a catering outlet on that one side?

It is an issue with a lot of the cages. Although some do have space just outside the cage area. But proper well thought out planning is required to ensure it doesnt dilute the spectator experience. Same with toilet locationing. If that's even a word?

17 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

You've been to Gartcairn, where exactly could you put a catering outlet on that one side?

It's behind the goals nearest the road.

20 hours ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

I've no idea where some of you guys get info from but at Gartcairn we have...

200 seated in 3 stands ✔️

food cube (pies hot dogs sweets crisps tea coffee Bovril) ✔️

scoreboard ✔️

tannoy system ✔️

halftime and full time hospitality with live tv ✔️

4 public toilets with 1 disabled toilet. ✔️

one of the best 4G pitches in Scotland ✔️

business club with over 40 members✔️

no idea why a few in here think we are a pop up club lol but what I will say is...

remember if you need the toilet you've to say you need the toilet from now on!

1DDF66C4-FE1E-42EE-980E-F4147E3A3FD6.jpeg

9517161A-3F36-49A4-A8B6-ABD7C68CED94.jpeg

AA8118B4-916F-4F67-8D74-30089B36B289.png

AEE7F671-0639-4782-96A5-0AD4B310FD02.jpeg

CA112134-1A4F-4611-A5DA-31DF8636492B.jpeg

89E3C5AA-FE5F-4CDE-A905-9A2C1FDB5179.jpeg

9A403AFD-4A51-40C3-864B-30EAB9D94CE6.jpeg

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

It's not the actual astro pitch/cage that's the problem long term.

With time and money they can be adapted into great wee stadiums.

It's some of the teams using them.

Here today gone tomorrow usually because of money and fallouts.

Btw do you really thing there's enough enough paying punters for two clubs in a place the size of Kilsyth?

Great point brother.

We've had high profile examples of new clubs and their struggles; BSC Nomads and the Locos nee Rossvale who do not have a foothold in any community and you do wonder how long they can go on. Syngenta is also  the most recent example of a 'vanity project' going tits up.

It is a valid concern.

But there are a number of successes, yes I know it can still fail but so can established clubs: we have Gartcairn, Drumchapel. Deliberately omitted St.Cadocs as they are ground sharing.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's behind the goals nearest the road.

Can you still see the game when at the catering stall?

I think that's a point brought up by some of the anti-cagers. Heh like the sound of that.

16 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I'm in no way accusing you of what I'm about to say. There can be a tendency to almost dismiss these new setups without experiencing them.

Totally understand the leisure centre view. Some examples are the Hub and Inverkeithing at Dalgety Bay. Maybe even MTC but not been there recently to comment.

I used Guys as I know it well and it's actually a great example to hold up for any non league club; pitch aside of course, it has a fantastic terracing and I know there are those who prefer to stand behind the goal area. There are others that are definitely not as good.

I think ground facilities for non league clubs is an important part of each club's sustainability. It is an important debate for fans to have and for me the debate should apply to all grounds not just cages.

It can't become the usual slagging off of clubs that happens all the time. Constructive observations is what we want.

If you can get yourself to the Synergy for a Bonnyton game at some point and feel free to honestly assess it. Won't fall out if you don't enjoy your experience there. 😀

All good points. I've got Bonnyton on the radar so will be interesting to view it compared to the others. Yeah there are plenty of grounds old and new that are in need of further development to improve the experiences of the fans - constructive feedback is whats needed