The Queen of the South thread

Who said he has to play in every single one? The latest update from Fowler said he is "training ". Hard to do that with an injury, but Im sure you're guess is right
He is certainly taking a lot longer than hoped to getting himself match fit. Think he has been training for the best part of a month and is still not expected to be involved in squad tommorow. He needs competive action so not to play him in development game is IMO odd. Maybe the cynic in me is expecting him to have picked up an injury given his last 2 years

Does that mean you've got a fixture pile-up looming?

As SD says, we do have a few games to squeeze in now, but that's totally unrelated to how few home matches we've played this winter. I wasn't being facetious when I said that the weather had had no impact on that situation at all.

I'm still sore that we moved our Boxing Day fixture, but even leaving that aside, we'd have had very few home games. Cup draws have also played a part, but it still strikes me as odd that so few home league games have fallen this way. Even when we had our first home game in six weeks, we found that we had to be away during the next two weekends thereafter.

All terribly lopsided. I can't imagine that it's in the interests of the club and I'm sure that it's not in the interests of fans.

He is certainly taking a lot longer than hoped to getting himself match fit. Think he has been training for the best part of a month and is still not expected to be involved in squad tommorow. He needs competive action so not to play him in development game is IMO odd. Maybe the cynic in me is expecting him to have picked up an injury given his last 2 years

Development games arent competitive.

Im sure we all bow to your obvious knowledge and experience of getting players fit

If only we had a club website where you could look up that sort of info.

Hopefully, very much unlike the unfortunate McDonald, Tapping will play a big part for us in the remainder of the season.

Exactly SD....I looked it up there although I was sure of his length of contract anyway.

Hopefully tapping recovers and gets a run of games seems that he is rated highly enough to possibly be a game changer? The forgotten man.

I'm hoping Tapping and also Hilson will play like two new signings. I remember Tapping was fairly impressive when at Hearts and may be the attacking midfielder and scorer of goals from that area that Queens have been crying out for. I also hope Murdoch either starts this St Mirren game or gets some sort of run out. Edited by RUSTY1111

Hopefully tapping recovers and gets a run of games seems that he is rated highly enough to possibly be a game changer? The forgotten man.

I certainly hope so. Please see my post just above. Edited by RUSTY1111

As SD says, we do have a few games to squeeze in now, but that's totally unrelated to how few home matches we've played this winter. I wasn't being facetious when I said that the weather had had no impact on that situation at all.I'm still sore that we moved our Boxing Day fixture, but even leaving that aside, we'd have had very few home games. Cup draws have also played a part, but it still strikes me as odd that so few home league games have fallen this way. Even when we had our first home game in six weeks, we found that we had to be away during the next two weekends thereafter.All terribly lopsided. I can't imagine that it's in the interests of the club and I'm sure that it's not in the interests of fans.

Probably lost a few more regulars who will have found other things to do.

If only we had a club website where you could look up that sort of info.

Hopefully, very much unlike the unfortunate McDonald, Tapping will play a big part for us in the remainder of the season.

Apologies. From now on I will only use this Queen of The South specific topic to ask questions that cannot be answered by the official website ;)

Apologies. From now on I will only use this Queen of The South specific topic to ask questions that cannot be answered by the official website ;)

Like a size chart for the items in the Club Shop you mean? :whistle:

I know.

Imagine making an innocent little inquiry about a player's contract situation, when discussing that player with other Queens fans; when all the time, the answer lurked, burrowed away somewhere on the OS.

Crazy behaviour! I hope you learn from this.

Our 3G pitch is it the same as the pitch at Falkirk.?.Is it of the same standard as Falkirk Hamilton and Killie .I would prefer grass mud and all but can see the benefits of the 3G.We can and do hire the pitch out..

No, the 3G pitch at Falkirk is the best in the land. I can't believe it is not grass to be honest.