The Queen of the South thread

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Behave It`s a bit of fun.

I think it's good inventive stuff from a young Community Officer attempting to engage with people via a social media platform. And fair play to Lyndon for doing the first one. There is due to be a whole series in the run up to Xmas. Well done to Danny. If we hadn't lost a manager and been knocked out of the cup everyone would be talking about how great it was but none of that is in Danny's control.

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it's good inventive stuff from a young Community Officer attempting to engage with people via a social media platform. And fair play to Lyndon for doing the first one. There is due to be a whole series in the run up to Xmas. Well done to Danny. If we hadn't lost a manager and been knocked out of the cup everyone would be talking about how great it was but none of that is in Danny's control.

Yes that's probably very fair.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but then I don't suppose it's really being pitched at miserable old gits like me.

2 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Just watched it. Well some of it. Its quite funny in bits - maybe could have been trimmed down using the 90 second rule. You have to be pretty dedicated  to watch the whole thing.

I have to confess I skipped bits - mainly the bits with the awful music :lol:

Dearie me!  Chill out!  There's an awful lot of bollocks out there on t'internet - this is tame!  Like others, I'm a miserable old git who doesn't use facetwitter or any such nonsense!  If you don't like that sort of thing - don't watch!  Or write in to Points of View - they like that sort of complaint!

So now we have Gary Naysmith, what is his todo list?! First priority is fairly obvious I guess.

1) Get defence sorted out. Need to build from the back and become difficult to beat once again.

2) new ideas going forward. Dobbie has been totally sussed so we need to find new ways to play and also get the likes of Dykes back to form again. He was immense at the start of the season.

3) recruitment for January. Where do we need additions/improvements. The recent free fall has exposed the weakness of the squad.

So now we have Gary Naysmith, what is his todo list?! First priority is fairly obvious I guess.

1) Get defence sorted out. Need to build from the back and become difficult to beat once again.

2) new ideas going forward. Dobbie has been totally sussed so we need to find new ways to play and also get the likes of Dykes back to form again. He was immense at the start of the season.

3) recruitment for January. Where do we need additions/improvements. The recent free fall has exposed the weakness of the squad.

For me, he could punt Higgins, Millar and pickard. Could probably get rid of rigg as well don't think he offers anything. Higgins is done, millar has had too many chances and pickard isn't good enough. We're still crying out for a left winger as we have all season and a striker with genuine pace, could add a centre half and centre mid also.

It pains me to say this but I wouldn't be gutted to see Higgins go after this season. He's not the same player for me anymore. I'd happily punt Millar. I'd keep hold of Pickard though, I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Hopefully Naismith can find it.

It pains me to say this but I wouldn't be gutted to see Higgins go after this season. He's not the same player for me anymore. I'd happily punt Millar. I'd keep hold of Pickard though, I still think there's a player in there somewhere. Hopefully Naismith can find it.

I would include Tapping aswell.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm afraid you're wrong, Mr 19.  There isn't a player in there.

I disagree. I think the problem is that no one has found his position yet. Ian McShane was the resident scapegoat for a while at Palmerston and he came good (I'd have walked to Dingwall to have him this season) so I'm sticking by Pickard a wee while longer :)

Well Raith & the Pars have one and of course the last few match threads have gone off on a tangent regarding our off field affairs. For that reason this is probably as good a thread as any to air your views and there is much to discuss.

With Queens looking for a completely new squad and management team (likely part-time) next season there are some uncertain times ahead at Palmerston. At the moment the team look to have chucked it and I suppose you can't really blame them. Players that have given their all look to have been treated with poorly and questions are being asked of our Chairman and board.

Anyway chart the twist and turns here.

Just checked the very first post of this thread from over 5 years ago and it looks like nothing much has changed in that time!!

Questions being asked about the board and chairman, a new management team in place, uncertain times ahead, the team looked to have chucked it!!!

The similarities are uncanny.....oh the joys of being a Queens fan!! [emoji170]

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I disagree. I think the problem is that no one has found his position yet. Ian McShane was the resident scapegoat for a while at Palmerston and he came good (I'd have walked to Dingwall to have him this season) so I'm sticking by Pickard a wee while longer :)

Yes, that's fair.

Pickard is young and deserves a chance. We've all seen struggling youngsters suddenly come onto a game because faith was maintained.  McShane is indeed a good example.  The fact that different managers have now started Pickard must suggest that he has something.  

However, he does need to start showing some ability on a consistent basis in the first team.  Thus far, he's been part of the problem, but he's certainly not alone in that.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that's fair.

Pickard is young and deserves a chance. We've all seen struggling youngsters suddenly come onto a game because faith was maintained.  McShane is indeed a good example.  The fact that different managers have now started Pickard must suggest that he has something.  

However, he does need to start showing some ability on a consistent basis in the first team.  Thus far, he's been part of the problem, but he's certainly not alone in that.

I think he has improved and I  want him to do well to shut up his critics as he works his socks off and i'd imagine his physique and attitude is why he has hung around and played as much as he has though. I feel his career path is going to be similar to Scott Robertson and he'll end up as a centre half at some point. His physical attributes show up against lower division sides but he isn't quick enough or technically capable to kick on as a midfielder IMO.