36 years, how much longer?

17 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I suppose that's true.

I wasn't trying to say that this 'tactic' of van Bronckhorst's hasn't been devastatingly effective. I'm just questioning whether it might be down to pressuring the referee, assistants and VAR officials into decisions which benefit Rangers, as well as some frankly satanic levels of fortune that have gone your way in that European run.

This is a good point IMO, we all know that cup runs are less meaningful when you’re lucky in them.

Especially in comparison to those unlucky cup runs.

Here's a question:

If instead of the financial gaps in place, we had a pretty even playing field across the top flight in terms of resources, but non-OF sides could only field ten men when playing against them, would our league table at the end look more of less lopsided than it currently does, come the end of the season?

I'm not advocating this as a solution to anything by the way, just posing a question.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Here's a question:

If instead of the financial gaps in place, we had a pretty even playing field across the top flight in terms of resources, but non-OF sides could only field ten men when playing against them, would our league table at the end look more of less lopsided than it currently does, come the end of the season?

I'm not advocating this as a solution to anything by the way, just posing a question.

10 a side by half time

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Here’s a question:

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

Ah, you don't want to play.

Exploring the intrinsic unfairness in our game, how competition is simply an illusion that gets maintained by those who benefit, is not for you.

Fair enough.  Not a surprise.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, you don't want to play.

Exploring the intrinsic unfairness in our game, how competition is simply an illusion that gets maintained by those who benefit, is not for you.

Fair enough.  Not a surprise.

now answer my question pls 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Maybe if he just has one of his supporters referee the race???

Referees are meant to be fair and impartial.  It works everywhere else in every other sport, just not Scottish fitba or they get in big trouble. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Referees are meant to be fair and impartial.  It works everywhere else in every other sport, just not Scottish fitba or they get in big trouble. 

Dunno about that tbh, didn’t seem to work so well in Italy for a good while there

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think our refs massively favour the OF to be honest.

It's not necessary.

Nah they just shit a brick in Glasgow and give them everything or their windaes get tanned. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Given your very good post in that thread, why are you behaving totally differently in this essentially similar one? 

The Union Bears sent a delegation round to have a word with him...

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yeah they got caught and punished though.  

Yeah, and Rangers died and were replaced by Sevco.

Good point actually; that’s not much of a punishment considering how brilliant Sevco are.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Given your very good post in that thread, why are you behaving totally differently in this essentially similar one? 

Because this is at least the fourth or fifth time this topic has come up since then.

Next week, we’ll probably get the quarterly “Do the refs favour the Old Firm” thread. Week after, possibly the monthly “All these people I don’t like are bigots” thread. 

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah, and Rangers died and were replaced by Sevco.

Good point actually; that’s not much of a punishment considering how brilliant Sevco are.

Because this is at least the fourth or fifth time this topic has come up since then.

Next week, we’ll probably get the quarterly “Do the refs favour the Old Firm” thread. Week after, possibly the monthly “All these people I don’t like are bigots” thread. 

Rangers never got punished for cheating unlike in Italy where the authorities actually had the guts to remove the clubs of title wins.  Rangers died for running up debts they could pay to loads of businesses that ended up financially crippled too.  There's nothing funny about it or worth bragging about.