Kelty Hearts vs Dunfermline Athletic - A New Fife Derby

Wonder when McPake will wake up and realise his front three set up is a total shambles. O'Hara and Wighton are totally ineffective in the role he's making them play.

The central midfield lacks any creative ability too. Nobody that can put their foot on the ball and look for a pass. I know this will be unpopular but Matty Todd is all legs and arms. Not composure and no real footballing ability. We need to replace him as the attacking midfielder.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I know this will be unpopular but Matty Todd is all legs and arms. Not composure and no real footballing ability. We need to replace him as the attacking midfielder.

Is this really an unpopular opinion? Honestly, I’d have taken him off ahead of Chalmers today and last week. Think Chalmers has improved and actually has something to offer. Todd’s reverted back to the guy that can’t make the simple passes. A lot of energy, but lacking ability. I think he’d be more effective coming off the bench against tired opponents.

We have no creativity/threat from midfield. That’s why the 3-5-2 looks so much better, Edwards and MacDonald drive forward and get balls into the box. In the 4-3-3, we still rely on Edwards, who can’t push as far forward all the time, as he has more defensive duties in a back 4. Sad times when Josh Edwards is the most creative player in our starting 11.

The lack of creativity in the side is stark. I think McPake recognises this though and that's why we focus on being functional; or risk-averse if you were being a tad more pessimistic.

Running with a small squad is hard enough without carrying multiple players. I have no complaints about the work rate so far but we need more than that to challenge.

Think Bene deserves a lot of credit for the impact he's made. The leadership and organisation he has provided early doors has been vital.

39 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The lack of creativity in the side is stark. I think McPake recognises this though and that's why we focus on being functional; or risk-averse if you were being a tad more pessimistic.

Running with a small squad is hard enough without carrying multiple players. I have no complaints about the work rate so far but we need more than that to challenge.

Think Bene deserves a lot of credit for the impact he's made. The leadership and organisation he has provided early doors has been vital.

Thought MacDonald was good when he came on (easily our best player I thought). Took players on and fired in some good crosses. Surely has to start next week.

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not really been mentioned but WTF was going on with the homemade union flags in the home end?  Cut that shite out.  

It's just a thing that wee lads who think they're some sort of casuals do. I've seen a similar Pars effort at games before.

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Not really been mentioned but WTF was going on with the homemade union flags in the home end?  Cut that shite out.  

Like I said at the time half of them were flown upside down so the boys flying them are clearly in distress or not the brightest, perhaps both?