Queen's Park vs Cove

Two teams in contrasting form and confidence.

Last season's L1 winners look completely unrecognisable as it stands. A manager who doesn't know his arse from his elbow, terrible recruitment, poor mis-management of Rory and Stuart McKenzie and is employing the tactic of long balls to solely striker Mitch (who hobbled off with a hamstring injury).

Unless we bring in a couple of strong signings this week, which Jim looks incapable of, and we change formation/tactics we'll struggle again.

McBookie giving 23/20 for QP. Outrageous odds that will shorten all week

Screenshot_20220821-103219.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

If we can nick a win here, ten points from our first five would be outrageous. We know how mental this league is, though. All we can ask for is to try and match the levels of the past two games. Do that and we’ll be tough to play against. 

22 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Luis Longstaff MOTM performance incoming!

That's definitely my impromptu laugh out loud moment of the day. Gladly, so far, he's only had 3 substitute appearances; last 15 minutes or so. Who knows what McIntyre will do, especially if Mitch is out (unknown so far).

Looks like a boy playing against men. Annoyingly always cuts back on himself rather than driving forward.

Time will tell if he goes down as our worst signing since joining the SPFL. Broque Watson will give him a run for his money. In fact, Ross Draper wins that accolade

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Willie Collum's in the bad books with one of the arse cheeks of Scottish football and is now relegated to taking charge of our game this weekend 🙄

Yet on the occasions I remember him reffing our games against each of the arse cheeks, we narrowly lost both matches after he harshly sent off one of our players in each game. Funny how they never mention the games in which they benefit from his incompetence, eh?  

On 23/08/2022 at 16:14, Mick1867 said:

Yet on the occasions I remember him reffing our games against each of the arse cheeks, we narrowly lost both matches after he harshly sent off one of our players in each game. Funny how they never mention the games in which they benefit from his incompetence, eh?  

I know there propensity to throw their toys out the pram and demand to get their own way beggars belief.

On 23/08/2022 at 21:48, GM1867 said:

Hoping for our first clean sheet on the season and hope that Savoury starts to bury some of the many chances he seems to create for himself. 2-0 Queens Savoury and Murray.

Savoury has looked very impressive the opening few games of the season. Got the quick feet and drive and plays in between the lines. We are badly missing that type of player.

We were down 5 in training on Tuesday including Mitch. Suspect some of them will train tonight and play Saturday but we're underdogs coming into this one 

Unfortunately will be my first missed game, including pre-season and LC, this weekend. Chalked up a few away days leaving the wife with young kids alone. Managed to settle on going to Montrose (45 minutes away) to see Rory instead. 

Would not be changing anything from the Arbroath match. From back to front we were terrific and if we show the same desire going forward, I’m confident we’ll pick up a positive result.

That being said, I do always get wary when we’re big favourites for a game as I’ve seen countless times, particularly last season how that can be thrown back in your face.

I said from the start of the season that I thought cove would struggle. Their lack of depth I think is maybe starting to catch up on them already? The appointment of McIntyre doesn’t help and their recruitment has been surprisingly poor (signing Longstaff still shocks me). Hoping megginson is unavailable for the game. Seems like a hamstring injury so that may end up being the case 

I’ll go for a 3-1 victory. We’re so exciting to watch nowadays and having Thomas, savoury and Murray linking up together in attack is a joy to watch. Recruitment has been spot on this season 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

I would. Our confidence is high, and Cove look vulnerable. This could be the opportunity to start with Murray, Williamson, and Kenny up front and blow them away in the first half. 

Who ye dropping for Kenny? 

Has to be same team, other than maybe Bannon for Kilday. I’d take a shitey 1-0 here. Said from the outset that we’ll win games we’re not meant to and lose games we’re meant to win. Would prefer if we continued to play sexy football, but get the points first and foremost. All sorts of danger klaxons going off when you start to allow yourself to feel confident in this league.