Stranraer vs East Fife

I'm expecting this to be a tight one. Both sides having only lost one game so far, Stranraer undefeated at home, us undefeated on the road. Wouldn't be surprised if this one's a draw. I suppose the biggest question for us is whether Trouten is fit enough to start after a sub appearance last week and a half mid-week and if he does, how will we change to accommodate him.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Fleming

Mercer - Denham - Steele - Murdoch

Millar
Balde - Newton

Schiavone - Trouten - Shepherd

54 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Any clues as to the sending off?

Two home games in a row we concede a goal with the last kick of the ball.
emoji35.png

Reckon it had to be for dissent. I didn't see anything else. I did't even see the red card come out and had no idea if it was for a Stranraer or East Fife player initially.

Watched the game this afternoon and The Fife started really well and could have/should have been 2 up before the home team scored. A well worked goal from Stranraer’s point of view but poor defending from EF, imo. Fortunately, the visitors were quickly back level and looked very comfortable. Then a joke of a second goal for the home team, a free kick from the left into the 6 yard box, defenders looking at each other, after you ,no no after you, then looking at the goalkeeper who in turn waited for the defenders to take action.nobody did so goal. In the second half EF got a grip the game without causing too many problems for the home defence. Then came the red card incident, what actually happened, no idea, let’s put down to moment of indiscretion from Watt but spotted by the ref and his assistant. Thereafter EF huffed and puffed with the Gaffer throwing on his attacking options but it looked like that it was too little, too late. Until the very last moment when Healy attacked in the box, the ball rebounding to him and he fairly lashed the ball into the net for the equaliser. On the whole, I think that a draw was a fair result, but both teams could argue that they deserved a bit more.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Reckon it had to be for dissent. I didn't see anything else. I did't even see the red card come out and had no idea if it was for a Stranraer or East Fife player initially.

I was right  behind where linesman was standing  and heard him speaking to ref. He said punch on East Fife player by Stranraer  20 red card red card

Watt ended up lying in the goalmouth with a defender standing over him and he then booted the defender from the ground. Unfortunately the linesman was also watching so a straight red was forthcoming and deserved too.

Apart from that it was a fun match to watch with East Fife maybe just shading it, but the Blues were also impressive. Stranraer seemed to just slightly lack the ability to turn possession into a few more meaningful attacks.

First time seeing the Blues in the flesh for a couple of years, so seeing Stair Park wreathed in sunshine was fantastic. Oh, and our keeper is absolutely tiny!

For all our huffing and puffing the last 10 mins and into injury time, you still had the feeling that Stranraer would go up the park and score a 3rd to end the game. However, Jack Healy had other ideas, and after a couple of failed attempts, he managed to pull out a superb winner in the 94th minute, (which was fully justified after 2 lengthy injury stops and 4 separate substitution stops) to maintain our unbeaten away from home record this season.
On reflection, a draw was fair result, maybe we could have shaded it, but can't squander crystal clear chances like we did, and expect to win every week.
Huge game next week, and were only at matchday 6!