Why I Do Not Want a British League

I do.not want a British League. I do not want Scottish clubs like Celtic and Rangers to join the English leagues.

My reasons are;

1. People would think Scotland was part of England.

2. People would think the English League was forerunner of the British league. So all the trophies won in the English system would be counted as tier one real trophies. While all the trophies in the Scottish system would relegated to the status of non league trophies. 

3. Travel would be a nightmare for some smaller scottish sides. With up to 20 trips into England a year. 

4. The Scottish teams would be seen to be starting on no trophies while all the English trophies be seen as a forerunner of the British league. So Celtic, Aberdeen and Rangers would be mocked for having no domestic trophies. While even Ipswich or Southampton had trophies. 

5. Scottish clubs might be like Everton, Newcastle and Leeds and go decades with no tier one trophies. It could be humiliating. 

6. Apart from 5 to 6 Scottish clubs like Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs. Most Scottish clubs would struggle to be big enough to reach a British fourth or even fifth tier. So why have a British league for Ross county to have 20 massive joprnies to play clubs of a lower standard than they do now. 

7. Scottish clubs might go decades with no European football.

8. The Scottish clubs might be expected to start at the bottom tier. So it might take even Celtic and Rangers two decades to reach the Premier. That would be soul crushing for Scottish football. 

I am not anti-English. I would SUPPORT s European Super League with Scottish sides. Because all clubs would be starting from the same boat  

My preference would  be to keep the Scottish, English and Welsh leagues, and European football but have Pan-Great Britain cups on top of European football, like the old Anglo Scottish cup or a Great Britain Cup. Or invite all Scottish Premier sides not in Europe into the EFL Trophy.