Referee's

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

TBH I was standing in line with the 18 yard line where Arthurlie scored from when the sending off occurred and didn't get the best of views but from where I was it looked like his foot had gone in on the Arthurlie player.    

I moved back round to the other end just after Beith equalised so saw the foul I referred to clearly. 

3 hours ago, dennispaterson said:

Or they could simply become better some are beyond arrogant 

Some can be rather arrogant and have poor communication skills and some simply don't have the capacity to improve. The level they are at is quite possibly the limit of their skills. At every level there'll be some refs who are very good and some who are borderline for that level, it has always been so. 

I think the training and selection procedures are, at least in part, responsible. However, football associations will be under pressure to have people graduate so may not be strict enough in their assessment. One thing I will say is that having a seen a few women referees at various levels their communication is often better than their male counterparts.

22 minutes ago, Fereneze said:

Some can be rather arrogant and have poor communication skills and some simply don't have the capacity to improve. The level they are at is quite possibly the limit of their skills. At every level there'll be some refs who are very good and some who are borderline for that level, it has always been so. 

I think the training and selection procedures are, at least in part, responsible. However, football associations will be under pressure to have people graduate so may not be strict enough in their assessment. One thing I will say is that having a seen a few women referees at various levels their communication is often better than their male counterpart