Airdrieonians v Dunfermline Athletic

14 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

As someone else had said it could literally be anything for us. I think Dunfermline will score, I'm not as confident we will, however in the same breath if one of the teams scores 4 or 5 it will likely be us as well. Go figure. I doubt it will be dull either way.

10.30 pitch inspection.

Most we've conceded this season I think is 2, so I can't see you scoring 4 or 5. Can't see us doing that either tbf although we did exactly that at Arbroath last weekend so who knows!

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Game off 

Silly plastic pitch. 

Apparently frozen way below surface and danger to players. Gavin Duncan was the Ref . Judging by the black ice still on my, admittedly, untreated drive, I suppose it was very likely. Lots of grass pitches off as well and it will let me see Morocco go one place better. But annoying of course. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Most we've conceded this season I think is 2, so I can't see you scoring 4 or 5. Can't see us doing that either tbf although we did exactly that at Arbroath last weekend so who knows!

It was a tongue in cheek example to be fair of our wildly unpredictable nature.

7 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Apparently frozen way below surface and danger to players. Gavin Duncan was the Ref . Judging by the black ice still on my, admittedly, untreated drive, I suppose it was very likely. Lots of grass pitches off as well and it will let me see Morocco go one place better. But annoying of course. 

Gavin Duncan the referee eh?  Does he do the rescheduled game or have we dodged a bullet?  Genuinely one of the worst referees I’ve clapped eyes on.  Even at non pars games I’ve seen him ref, he’s made an absolute whoor of it. 

7 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Gavin Duncan the referee eh?  Does he do the rescheduled game or have we dodged a bullet?  Genuinely one of the worst referees I’ve clapped eyes on.  Even at non pars games I’ve seen him ref, he’s made an absolute whoor of it. 

Don't know the rules but it's interesting to see that both sets of fans have similar view on Gavin.

6 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Don't know the rules but it's interesting to see that both sets of fans have similar view on Gavin.

A couple of years ago a Pars game was off so a pal and I decided to go to a random game, ended up at cliftonhill.   The locals voicing their displeasure at an abhorrent first half from Mr Duncan, including rattling on the plastic tunnel as he went down it was something to behold.  Genuinely an utter waste of skin in a refereeing jersey.   Please tell me he’ll be reassigned….?

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

A couple of years ago a Pars game was off so a pal and I decided to go to a random game, ended up at cliftonhill.   The locals voicing their displeasure at an abhorrent first half from Mr Duncan, including rattling on the plastic tunnel as he went down it was something to behold.  Genuinely an utter waste of skin in a refereeing jersey.   Please tell me he’ll be reassigned….?

A trip to Cliftonhill might well be a price worth paying for that wish. Cheers 

On 15/12/2022 at 06:31, Kenny_m said:

There is zero chance of ATS starting before Fordyce, if fit of course.

He won’t, but he should. As an aside, I believe we’re unbeaten when one of either McCabe or Fordyce has been in the dugout this season. 5-0 v Clyde, 1-0 v Kelty and 1-1 v Falkirk. Probably just a coincidence but also something worth thinking about. 

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

He won’t, but he should. As an aside, I believe we’re unbeaten when one of either McCabe or Fordyce has been in the dugout this season. 5-0 v Clyde, 1-0 v Kelty and 1-1 v Falkirk. Probably just a coincidence but also something worth thinking about. 

I suppose we could list the games we've won with Fordyce & McCabe in the team but it's meaningless. ATS is on a sharp downward spiral as borne out by the fact that he's never nailed down a regular start at any of his last 6 or so clubs.

I'll have Fordyce over him all day long but do think it's a position we need to strengthen.