Dumbarton (aged 150) vs East Fife

Outcome?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our 150th anniversary takes place on Friday 23rd and the next day we (hopefully) host East Fife. It'll be the second time the Fifers have appeared in G82 for an historic occasion after they were the last visitors to Boghead. 

Discuss.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Our big 150th anniversary game eh? All the hype, the carnival atmosphere, big healthy crowd down to watch, all of the planning and hard work that has gone into the occasion - the big one!

Dumbarton 0-2 East Fife.

That would be quite fitting. Very Dumbarton. Hopefully it'll be more like the final Boghead result.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Results are important, of course they are, it's why we are in business, but win, lose or draw Saturday will be a day of celebration for the club.  Three points would be the absolute cherry on the cake 🍰

Oh, agreed.

I’m not sure if this was brought forward because they thought it would be better for folk with it being Xmas eve etc but it’s a total pain in the arse. It kicks off too early for me to have finished doing all the Xmas eve shite I need to do and I’m potentially looking at a pintless trip to the fitba. We should’ve demanded a 3pm kick off since we are the birthday princesses.

On 17/12/2022 at 19:33, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Results are important, of course they are, it's why we are in business, but win, lose or draw Saturday will be a day of celebration for the club.  Three points would be the absolute cherry on the cake 🍰

On 17/12/2022 at 21:36, Sweet Pete said:

Just a game. Dumbarton FC is more important.

Surely the best celebration of our 150th year is to hold a league trophy up in May and thus beating a young East Fife side in poor form is important. The celebrations will hopefully be good fun but I'm looking forward to a good win more than I am watching a Freddy Mercury tribute act. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Surely the best celebration of our 150th year is to hold a league trophy up in May and thus beating a young East Fife side in poor form is important. The celebrations will hopefully be good fun but I'm looking forward to a good win more than I am watching a Freddy Mercury tribute act. 

^ ^ ^

Gives the weans four batteries on Xmas Day with a note saying 'Toy Not Included'.

Have Dumbarton hand picked this game knowing that East Fifes record down Dumbarton way is pretty appalling. By my calculation our last success at the Rick was a 4 2 victory in 2019. Our away record has been decent with only one loss on the road all season . Dumbarton might be a bit rusty with no action for a couple of weeks but I’m sure they’ll be confident of getting another home victory against a poor East Fife team. Hopefully with the postponement at the weekend we will have a couple of players back from injury. Would be happy with a point. 

4 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Have Dumbarton hand picked this game knowing that East Fifes record down Dumbarton way is pretty appalling. By my calculation our last success at the Rick was a 4 2 victory in 2019. Our away record has been decent with only one loss on the road all season . Dumbarton might be a bit rusty with no action for a couple of weeks but I’m sure they’ll be confident of getting another home victory against a poor East Fife team. Hopefully with the postponement at the weekend we will have a couple of players back from injury. Would be happy with a point. 

I think the date is the closest to the date of our formation, but @O'Kelly Isley III will have a far more accurate answer. 

17 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I think the date is the closest to the date of our formation, but @O'Kelly Isley III will have a far more accurate answer. 

Aye, we were formed on the 23rd and had requested a home game this weekend to mark the occasion which the league granted but I doubt we asked for a particular team.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Aye, we were formed on the 23rd and had requested a home game this weekend to mark the occasion which the league granted but I doubt we asked for a particular team.

Correct, the request was made ahead of this season's fixture list, and it falls to the Fifers to try and piss on our pigs'n blankets.

As to the date/time of the game, it was felt that the Saturday would generate a bigger crowd and be a better fit for the visiting club and fans.  As it was, the EF Board subsequently requested the earlier kick-off and after a fair amount of consultation it was agreed, on the basis of anyone travelling getting home earlier on Xmas Eve and the chance for our own support to enjoy a relaxed couple of drinks in the bar post-match, as well as some pre-match with a mince pie if they so wish.  And we might save a few bob on floodlighting.

Dumbarton supporters,

With Morton playing on Friday night I was thinking of coming along to your game on Saturday as it’ll tick another ground off for the wean.

I can’t seem to buy tickets on your website though - is it sold out? I hadn’t realised this was your anniversary (congratulations btw, is that the appropriate greeting?)

25 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Dumbarton supporters,

With Morton playing on Friday night I was thinking of coming along to your game on Saturday as it’ll tick another ground off for the wean.

I can’t seem to buy tickets on your website though - is it sold out? I hadn’t realised this was your anniversary (congratulations btw, is that the appropriate greeting?)

I'm not 100% sure when they start selling online tickets, it may be they haven't started yet. I'm sure you'll get the chance to do so beforehand and you can still pay cash at the gate. It's certainly not sold out.