Montrose vs Airdrieonians 23-12-2022

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

Superb result and performance, question, is this the first time a manager and assistant manager has scored in the same game. Damn Pixellot made me miss McCabe's free kick, sounded an absolute worldie.

I can confirm that it WAS in fact an absolute worldie. If we don't have it on our own highlights package, it's that good that I might not believe it happened if I can't see it again. 

27 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Piss poor from Montrose tonight Airdrie by far the better team.No fight about the team at all but hey ho we move on.

Paul Watson challenge near the end was never a straight red either,ref couldn't wait to pull that red out.Didnt like the way Airdrie boy was down on the ground then suddenly he was fine and smiling....Poor show! But like I said before Airdrie miles better than us tonight.

Looks like a red to me here but can see an argument for a yellow. Ultimately it’s just a ridiculously needless thing to do, especially from such an experienced player. 

I always used to think of Montrose as being solid and hard to break down but that’s a few times you’ve conceded four or five recently. Still very much a threat going forward but what has caused that, is it simply not signing a right back or are there other issues?

Airdrie were miles better. I thought the second half would be completely different with the the wind but airdrie then made much better use of it. Montrose played too many long balls and didn’t support mcallister whilst airdrie played some good football. Frizzell is just a superb footballer to watch. Strolls through games

if airdrie can make some decent signings in January and get a bit of luck with other results then could be an interesting second half of the season. 

i will also reiterate that the free kick for the fourth goal was out of this world. Hopefully was filmed. The second goal was also a cracker

8 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Just back in and catching up so briefly that free kick was a thing of beauty. Full report later. 

The wind and rain certainly had an effect and that was just in the open ended stand in the first half.

Montrose were better in the opening spell and kept the ball down while Airdrie lost out on nearly all the second balls. Dillon was mopping up all the high balls but there were some real sclaffs by both sides.

It was poor defending at the first goal but the guy reacted far quicker and it did reflect  the edge held by Montrose. The same could be said for Fordyce's equaliser, so  I feared the second half. It was the reverse as Montrose went long and we played on the deck. Dillon looked uncomfortable in that half. Devenney was really composed in the smashing move for the second. The third was a bit of a freak on first view but them's the breaks.

I'll admit Gardynes great strike had me worried and also the shot which hit the bar, as Montrose used the wind.

It was a relief to see McCabe fire in a worldly especially after the Red Card. Someone in the director's box blocked my view of the incident but Barry Cooke was over really quickly. 

That finished the game and if Callum Smith would just shoot like Gardyne, it would have been more. The over exuberant announcer was silenced at last.

High scoring again, won for the first time after going behind, and back in top four: a great night out.

Even better for the super fish tea in Adams sit in cafe on Main Street. Thanks to their staff and Merry Xmas. 

Now to sort out Edinburgh whatever.