St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I actually think that Halberg looks like a decent player. Was he at Hibs a couple of seasons ago?

Are you going on last night’s performance?

If you like your centre midfielders in the Gary McDonald, Blair Alston (without the occasional wonder goal), Simon Lappin et al mould then yes I can see why you would rate Hallberg.

On 29/12/2022 at 13:08, tree house tam said:

tee-hee.gif.a2cb8e92caa7a5231277d188b18d60bb.gif

Been in three of the last four finals, bud. Unfortunately, unlike the Fermers, we've had to play the Old Firm on every occasion. If anyone is gonna do it again anytime soon, it will likely be the side that is comfortably the third best in the country: the Hertz.

Edited by Elixir

On 28/12/2022 at 19:46, PSJ.84 said:

What a laugh getting in has been

Utter shambles last night and that's without even mentioning the Muirton Suite. As shambolic off the field as that starting line up from the manager who remains "baffled" we began the game so poorly.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Are you going on last night’s performance?

If you like your centre midfielders in the Gary McDonald, Blair Alston (without the occasional wonder goal), Simon Lappin et al mould then yes I can see why you would rate Hallberg.

Just going by our game against you, and highlights of this season on TV. A supporter who watches him most weeks will obviously know better though. 

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

Just going by our game against you, and highlights of this season on TV. A supporter who watches him most weeks will obviously know better though. 

I wondered if you were getting him mixed up with someone else, as he went off injured after 25 minutes. The time he was on was when hearts were battering us and we barely had the ball.

He’s technically good, but spends a lot of time on the periphery of matches. A few Saints fans feel he would be better playing further forward just behind the strikers, as he times runs into the box well. But we have about 4 players that appear suited to that role so it’s not going to happen.

We generally play with more defenders and often look short in midfield, so it’s probably not easy to look good in CM for us.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I wondered if you were getting him mixed up with someone else, as he went off injured after 25 minutes. The time he was on was when hearts were battering us and we barely had the ball.

He’s technically good, but spends a lot of time on the periphery of matches. A few Saints fans feel he would be better playing further forward just behind the strikers, as he times runs into the box well. But we have about 4 players that appear suited to that role so it’s not going to happen.

We generally play with more defenders and often look short in midfield, so it’s probably not easy to look good in CM for us.

Fair enough. I thought he looked like a player who would do well centrally, with two good central defenders behind him in a 4-2-3-1. Looked quite creative but with a bit of physical strength too. Despite what some will have you believe, we have a very good midfield, and with the adjusted formation where we had a forward player in the RWB position, we are capable of over running even quite decent Premiership midfields. I just think he looks like he has something about him that would be dangerous with the right players around him. 👍

21 hours ago, Elixir said:

Been in three of the last four finals, bud. Unfortunately, unlike the Fermers, we've had to play the Old Firm on every occasion. If anyone is gonna do it again anytime soon, it will the side that is comfortably the third best in the country: the Hertz.

Everyone is free to dream but ours aren't quite as far fetched