Soulsborne

Mr. Brightside

Soulsborne  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completed this last night with a dexterity build. Bloodhound's Fang is a ridicuously OP weapon, same with mimic tear which felt like playing the game on easy mode, think I will not use it next time I play though.  Unfortunately had to just cheese the Elden Beast with a multiplayer summon as there was just clearly no way you were going to beat this guy solo on a melee build.

Got Ranni's ending, not that it or the story at large made any sense at all since everyone in the game speaks in bloody riddles. The plot delivery in this game was absolutely dreadful imo. Still a fantastic game though.

On 09/05/2023 at 09:23, Jives Miguel said:

Completed this last night with a dexterity build. Bloodhound's Fang is a ridicuously OP weapon, same with mimic tear which felt like playing the game on easy mode, think I will not use it next time I play though.  Unfortunately had to just cheese the Elden Beast with a multiplayer summon as there was just clearly no way you were going to beat this guy solo on a melee build.

Got Ranni's ending, not that it or the story at large made any sense at all since everyone in the game speaks in bloody riddles. The plot delivery in this game was absolutely dreadful imo. Still a fantastic game though.

I done NG+3 a while back and done everything myself as a melee build until Elden Beast. Respecced in to faith and spammed pest threads at the b*****d to get it over the line. So frustrating trying to do it solo. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I done NG+3 a while back and done everything myself as a melee build until Elden Beast. Respecced in to faith and spammed pest threads at the b*****d to get it over the line. So frustrating trying to do it solo. 

Yeah the thing just runs away from you the entire battle, it just felt unfair fighting it melee.

On 09/05/2023 at 09:23, Jives Miguel said:

A lot of the story is explained through item descriptions and in-game interactions with the world. Do agree the dialogue can be fucking ridiculous sometimes, especially if you end up doing the Ranni questline. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/05/2023 at 13:04, Richey Edwards said:

I am utter, utter shite at these games which means that my progress is at a snails pace.

I am dipping in and out of Elden Ring just now though. 

If you're still playing this and struggling, I would suggest doing your utmost to get "Bloodhound's Fang", a weapon you can pick up very early, and it'll carry you for ages.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

If you're still playing this and struggling, I would suggest doing your utmost to get "Bloodhound's Fang", a weapon you can pick up very early, and it'll carry you for ages.

I dip in and out of gaming mate. I'll try to get that weapon next time I'm playing. I had a quick Google to see where it was and it said there was a boss near the start that I need to fight to get it, so will do that.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I dip in and out of gaming mate. I'll try to get that weapon next time I'm playing. I had a quick Google to see where it was and it said there was a boss near the start that I need to fight to get it, so will do that.

Yeah, it's in an Evergaol, which if you haven't found one yet are mini bosses in mini boss arenas. The boss itself if solid as f**k, but well worth getting to know and defeat to get the Fang.

Waiting for Elden Ring to go on sale again, because am I f**k spending £40 on any non open-ended/sandbox game. I'll just pretend I didn't spend £1500 building a PC to play AAA titles in 1440p when all I actually play is Zomboid, Titan Quest, Starsector etc :lol:

On 24/08/2023 at 19:42, Mr. Brightside said:

Retweet. Bloodhound's Fang is absolutely OP for a strength/dex build. I didn't switch off it the entire game once I got.

On 26/08/2023 at 19:03, Jives Miguel said:

Retweet. Bloodhound's Fang is absolutely OP for a strength/dex build. I didn't switch off it the entire game once I got.

Yeah, I kept mine up until I got Rivers of Blood then switched to a full bleed/double katana build.

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Yeah, I kept mine up until I got Rivers of Blood then switched to a full bleed/double katana build.

Moonlight Katana is the shit. Didn’t unequip it multiple playthroughs. Shame they nerfed Katana’s in general in multiplayer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...