Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton

Forfar Athletic vs Dumbarton   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/23 at 15:00

Forfar appear to be our bogey team this season. Since MacKinnon was appointed they've also started to look like a half decent side again, with the right additions this month I wouldn't count them out of the race for fourth. Although you could chuck everyone bar probably Albion Rovers and Bonnyrigg into that category.

Given how the other two games have gone between the sides, I'm not feeling great ahead of this. But I am absolutely buzzing for a steak pie already.

I'm really looking forward to this game. After the Irvine debacle where he lost the players and the plot it's great to have Ray McKinnon in charge. His motivation and constant instructions from the sidelines is paying off. There's been some excellent team play and some individual brilliance of late and one day it's all going to click into place. Would be nice if it happens on Saturday.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Scared of Forfar as they are our bogey team.Would so love to win not justfor the points but to stick it to smugpuss Mackinnon.

Cant see us winning so would settle for a bridie and a point.

That’s sir McKinnon to you 

Reading today that McKinnon has a 4 wins over Farrells  1 on head to head.

Think this will be a good game, actually a top of the league clash (if we didn't have a gimp in charge for so long) style.

Confidence is up at Station Park, it will be tight, but I'm going for a home win 3-1, Dumbarton pushing for an equaliser and us to score on the breakaway...

Enjoy the game lads, whoever you support.  

On 07/01/2023 at 21:30, Jan Vojáček said:

Forfar appear to be our bogey team this season. Since MacKinnon was appointed they've also started to look like a half decent side again, with the right additions this month I wouldn't count them out of the race for fourth. Although you could chuck everyone bar probably Albion Rovers and Bonnyrigg into that category.

Given how the other two games have gone between the sides, I'm not feeling great ahead of this. But I am absolutely buzzing for a steak pie already.

Jan.

I'm with you, steak pies amazing

Ryan Blair suspended as well as Bucky for this. With Ross MacLean a doubt and Byrne and Gemmell still on the sidelines. Not wonderful news at all.

Leaves us very thin on the ground player wise; I make that a squad of 15, including Vata and Harry Broun. So you're realistically looking at two subs.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Ryan McGeever Stuart Carswell Martin McNiff

David Wilson

Kalvin Orsi Joe McKee Finlay Gray Gregg Wylde

Ryan Wallace

Is how I imagine we'll look. With a bench of Broun, Vata, Love and Lynch.

On paper that's a strong enough team to get a result. But Bucky will be an absolutely huge loss. I also thought we really missed Ryan Blair against Albion Rovers; we lacked his ability to pick up scrappy second balls in midfield and get us back in possession. Our midfield was dominated all game.

Love is really the only option we have on the bench if we're looking to change things a wee bit too. Although he is a good only option to have, to be fair.

Any chance of a loan signing today? Or a trialist being added to the bench?

Ideally we need a couple of bodies in for depth. 

And is there any doubt about the game tomorrow? Will be a last minute decision on whether I can get to the game or not. If there's a serious doubt about the match then I won't rush to get everything done early.

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

And is there any doubt about the game tomorrow? Will be a last minute decision on whether I can get to the game or not. If there's a serious doubt about the match then I won't rush to get everything done early.

It's an artificial pitch so that lessens the chances of a postponement.

50 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Hopefully it'll be on, although Livingston manage to get games postponed on theirs. Suppose the risk would be more damage than anything else.

Games can (and will) get postponed on any type of surface. If you put enough water on anything, it'll flood. Livi maybe don't have anywhere for excess water/snow to go since they're in the middle of a concrete retail park. 

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Would be absolutely fine today, tomorrow forecast is wetter but should be little chance of being off. Think you will be safe enough to travel.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ryan Blair suspended as well as Bucky for this. With Ross MacLean a doubt and Byrne and Gemmell still on the sidelines. Not wonderful news at all.

Leaves us very thin on the ground player wise; I make that a squad of 15, including Vata and Harry Broun. So you're realistically looking at two subs.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Ryan McGeever Stuart Carswell Martin McNiff

David Wilson

Kalvin Orsi Joe McKee Finlay Gray Gregg Wylde

Ryan Wallace

Is how I imagine we'll look. With a bench of Broun, Vata, Love and Lynch.

On paper that's a strong enough team to get a result. But Bucky will be an absolutely huge loss. I also thought we really missed Ryan Blair against Albion Rovers; we lacked his ability to pick up scrappy second balls in midfield and get us back in possession. Our midfield was dominated all game.

Love is really the only option we have on the bench if we're looking to change things a wee bit too. Although he is a good only option to have, to be fair.

Maybe I’m high on Ray McKinnon fever but nothing in that team scares me. 2-1 to the Loons