Stenhousemuir v Livingston

LiviLion

At this today as a neutral.  Was really impressed with the Warriors CBs- they played really well against clearly much better opposition.  Had a good solid structure about them in the first half.

As soon as Livi scored it was only going one way.  They were way too shot-shy in the first half and much more direct (ie running at players and taking shots) in the second.

Decent game to watch.

Just to edit,credit to all at Stenhousemuir for the game being on in the first place.An enjoyable if a wee bit nearvy after that first half day.Good luck to yous and your Norwegian friends for the rest of the season.PS hope your pitch isn't damaged by the numbskull who threw the smoke bomb. Every club has one,unfortunately. Nuff said.👍.

First half Stenny were excellent defending their box, esp from our corners and free kicks (had about 12 of them), some great defending to cut a ball out from a cross inside their 6 yard box too, could easily have finished in their net. Thought we were starting to get some joy down their flanks going into HT though and Stenny were tiring.

2nd half we got shots through their defense, which we didn't get in the first half, and we converted 3 goals, having a few saved from shots on target too. Had a great view of the free kick goal, albeit from the other side of the pitch behind the Stenny goal, could see perfectly the flight of the ball going into the left hand side (as we looked at it), Bradley really has been a find getting him from Hibs.

Enjoyable away day, though we really had to work for our win. 

Anderson is really good at holding the ball up then laying on shots for our attacking midfielders like he did for Pittman's goal today. He did similar for Shinnie's disallowed goal against County. Such a rounded forward, Anderson, he keeps improving and never has a bad game when fit.

Bradley was obviously sublime in this match. Amazing start to his Livi career.

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

I still  cant fathom why he was deemed surplus to requirements by Hibs

Hibs' chairman has shown he's not slow to sack managers. Lee Johnson will've felt some pressure due to that and decided there were safer bets than the unproven youngster returning from loan. Aiden McGeady is Hibs' current right winger and Martin Boyle will return at some point so Bradley was never getting into that team.

16 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Hibs' chairman has shown he's not slow to sack managers. Lee Johnson will've felt some pressure due to that and decided there were safer bets than the unproven youngster returning from loan. Aiden McGeady is Hibs' current right winger and Martin Boyle will return at some point so Bradley was never getting into that team.

Bet they'll be kicking themselves when they see how good he's been at Livi, and looking like he'll keep that form going and be a cracking player. Some find by Martindale and his scouting team too, we've won a watch here.

From what Martindale said during the WC break, i don't think he intended Bradley to come straight into our starting line up and he was one for the future, but he's taken his chance, prob helped when Montano was injured, and been outstanding for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

I still  cant fathom why he was deemed surplus to requirements by Hibs

Could say the same about Anderson at Aberdeen, Stephen Kelly and Craig Halkett at rangers, Nicky Devlin and Jon Guthrie at Walsall...it amazes me how some of these players have been let go by their previous clubs

Just want to echo what some others have said about the idiot who chucked a smoke bomb onto the pitch. Completely uncalled for and hope it hasn't done any damage. I thought Stenny were very hospitable and fans who we interacted with made us feel welcome. It was my first time at Ochilview and I came away with a very positive impression of the club. I also thought, without meaning to sound patronising, that they put up a good fight against us. The goal in the first half was well taken and they defended their box well for the majority of the game. Nicky Jamieson looks like a good CB and Nat Wedderburn was effective in the middle of the park during the first half. 

We did well to get ourselves out of a sticky situation. I had confidence that we would but it took an inspired performance from Steven Bradley to really make the difference. He continues to look like another great find. Stephen Kelly kept up his good form and was one of the few who looked able to cut through Stenny's defensive wall in the first half. No poor performances but I would say that Morgan Boyes needs to work on his aerial game. He missed a few headers that would have been exploited by a more offensive team. He's very good on the ground, however, and I've no doubt he'll continue to improve with more game time under his belt. Don't imagine he'll be dislodged by Ayo any time soon after his rank pass in the second half under no pressure. Nicky Devlin was clearly up for this game and took the opportunity to make a few gestures in the direction of the Stenny support after he scored. Did he leave the club on bad terms or just responding to wind ups from the fans? Not sure but unlike him to react like that. We were less threatening up front after Anderson came off. He'll be disappointed not to have scored himself but his outfield play was good and he is always a nuisance. Glad to see Pitts bag his first goal of the new year and hope this will give him confidence in the league. Holt was also solid in the midfield. We've missed his calmness and omnipresence on the pitch following the red card in the Hibs game. 

Quietly confident that we can give Hearts a game next week. It will not be easy as they are in good form themselves but there is no reason for us to fear them with the team we have and with it being a home game. Looking forward to it. 

19 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Just want to echo what some others have said about the idiot who chucked a smoke bomb onto the pitch. Completely uncalled for and hope it hasn't done any damage. I thought Stenny were very hospitable and fans who we interacted with made us feel welcome. It was my first time at Ochilview and I came away with a very positive impression of the club. I also thought, without meaning to sound patronising, that they put up a good fight against us. The goal in the first half was well taken and they defended their box well for the majority of the game. Nicky Jamieson looks like a good CB and Nat Wedderburn was effective in the middle of the park during the first half. 

We did well to get ourselves out of a sticky situation. I had confidence that we would but it took an inspired performance from Steven Bradley to really make the difference. He continues to look like another great find. Stephen Kelly kept up his good form and was one of the few who looked able to cut through Stenny's defensive wall in the first half. No poor performances but I would say that Morgan Boyes needs to work on his aerial game. He missed a few headers that would have been exploited by a more offensive team. He's very good on the ground, however, and I've no doubt he'll continue to improve with more game time under his belt. Don't imagine he'll be dislodged by Ayo any time soon after his rank pass in the second half under no pressure. Nicky Devlin was clearly up for this game and took the opportunity to make a few gestures in the direction of the Stenny support after he scored. Did he leave the club on bad terms or just responding to wind ups from the fans? Not sure but unlike him to react like that. We were less threatening up front after Anderson came off. He'll be disappointed not to have scored himself but his outfield play was good and he is always a nuisance. Glad to see Pitts bag his first goal of the new year and hope this will give him confidence in the league. Holt was also solid in the midfield. We've missed his calmness and omnipresence on the pitch following the red card in the Hibs game. 

Quietly confident that we can give Hearts a game next week. It will not be easy as they are in good form themselves but there is no reason for us to fear them with the team we have and with it being a home game. Looking forward to it. 

There was a definite 'first away game without Dad' vibe from the young team on Saturday.