Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Her views on contraception is exactly the same in Islam that Mr Yosuf follows so there is no difference 

It's nothing to do with her religion, it's how she said she would vote on social issues.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Where does the idea that Forbes is competent come from? That she managed to read out Nicola's budget without falling over?

She was a over-promoted because her boss was a wrong'un and basically there was no other stand out candidate. There is nothing in her record that says she is good or bad at her job. In fact the way she started her campaign showed that she was wildly incompetent. Poor politics in taking the line she did with her religious attitudes.

This is the bit that gets me; her own team - and i quote verbatim - said she’d ‘fucked it’ after day one of the campaign. There’s not much about that screams ‘competence’ to me. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

It wasn't her religion, it was how she expressed it. Plenty devout Catholic approve of contraception and abortion where necessary.

She certainly didn't verbalise it very well. I'm quite tolerant of divergent views, I think its healthy to have divergence especially within a political party. In the first week of the campaign (before the deadline) I thought she should stand aside as she'd effectively run her race! She's done very well to get within touching distance of Humza but she's been playing catch up since then.

I know Free church types and every one of them is perfectly kind and considerate. I expect Forbes is as well.

She's certainly not what I would call bigoted but then I'd never refer to opponents as nazis (unless they actually were nazis!).

Political discourse is in the gutter and nuance is dead. Its all literal interpretations, if you're against me you are the enemy and loads of rhetoric and misinformation/clickbait.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's nothing to do with her religion, it's how she said she would vote on social issues.

Where as big Hamza told lies about gay marridge bill?And had pressure put on him by his mosque?And Alex Salmond exposed him on it then aye?

Edited by General dissaray

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Probably because he has never expressed any intention to do so, because you can be religious without doing so. Which would lead to the conclusion that the issue isn't a politician being religious, but a politician holding bigoted views.

Looking at the expression on her face as the result was being announced, it's hard to work out if Forbes prayed to win, or to lose. 

Highlights of the afternoon for me were firstly the expression on Regan's face during the announcements and the contrast between the embrace shared by Yousaf and Forbes and the formal handshake between Yousaf and Regan. She looked as if she had spent the afternoon sooking lemons. 

Just now, General dissaray said:

Where as big Hanza told lies about gay marridge bill?And had pressure put on him by his mosque?And Alex Salmond exposed him on it then aye?

He voted for it at previous stages and knew it would pass by a huge margin, and has backed it verbally whenever the issue arises since. It's not the gotcha you and Alex think it is.

It deosnt matter anymore its all if and buts, Yousaf won. The easy bit was todays speech after winning, the hard work comes next. As Sturgeon showed soundbites and vague promises are easy, delivering something is a lot harder. I hope he focuses on what can be delivered and doesnt waste time on what sounds good now but cant be delivered later. Voters are fed up and want to see things get better now, if he deosnt do it a Labour UK government coming in after this tory shambles will. For a lot of people, Its the now thats more important.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

He voted for it at previous stages and knew it would pass by a huge margin, and has backed it verbally whenever the issue arises since. It's not the gotcha you and Alex think it is.

So he never voted it through then?Total cop out lets keep a eye on it in future then,and we will see if he puts the country 1st or his religious ideology 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Why would we want to come out off the commonwealth?We can still be Independent and have a mornarchy,if being in the commonwealth benefits us financially or with pensions ect ect

It doesn’t; if you retire in Canada your UK pension is frozen at the amount the day you first draw it whereas in the US you get the same increases as you would in Blighty. It’s all a load of individual treaties. 

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

Why would we want to come out off the commonwealth?We can still be Independent and have a mornarchy,if being in the commonwealth benefits us financially or with pensions ect ect

Not sure what you mean. A country can be a republic and be in the Commonwealth. I think more than half the Commonwealth members ARE republics. 

Just now, carpetmonster said:

It doesn’t; if you retire in Canada your UK pension is frozen at the amount the day you first draw it whereas in the US you get the same increases as you would in Blighty. It’s all a load of individual treaties. 

Pensions are tripped A gold plated if we are Independent military pensions can get switched over cos we are part off the commonwealth 

If we weren't that is gonna cost billions off more money that we need to find,why have a leader that is actively against something that is working?

Its a total own goal

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not sure what you mean. A country can be a republic and be in the Commonwealth. I think more than half the Commonwealth members ARE republics. 

Canada New Zealand Australia was the ones that I was thinking about but yes your right there will be others that will be Republics but there will be others that are crown protectorate 

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Poor politics in taking the line she did with her religious attitudes.

She always took that line. It was no secret. I genuinely think a lot of the press ran with her as a likely candidate so that they could be shocked, shocked to discover that she's Free Kirk and believes stuff, having always known this. Of course, yes she does, and is prepared to work with the government anyway because she's genuinely tolerant of people she disagrees with, unlike... nah, better not go there.

I remember Humza, when he got the Transport gig, admitting he knew nothing about transport. Wonder if he knows more about other stuff? We'll find out. The best route to increasing independence support is to improve the SNP government's poor record on education, health, climate change and transport.

I'm sorry to see religion playing any part in Scottish political discussion.

I'd like to see an end to religion having any power over people.

Never going to happen, I know. It seems actually to be getting worse.

The French tried it but have had religious nutters killing their citizens recently.

Maybe we need an 'aetheists'  vs 'rest of the world' all out war.    I'd start it,  but I'm going down the pub now.

7 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Pensions are tripped A gold plated if we are Independent military pensions can get switched over cos we are part off the commonwealth 

If we weren't that is gonna cost billions off more money that we need to find,why have a leader that is actively against something that is working?

Its a total own goal

I hope that this thread is retained so that, in future, skilled cryptographers can study it and reveal to a baffled populace WTF you are on about.  Are you now off the 'commonwealth membership v republic' stuff and are now on about leaving the commonwealth? 

Edit to ask... Who has proposed leaving the commonwealth? 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

59 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Voted SNP for 30 years and today is the day that I'm finished with them the dream is over with Independence,its a sad sad day for Scotland we just veared directly into autharternism

Explain to us what you get from going on a football website and pretending to be semi literate?  It’s not even the nonsensical views that nobody buys, it’s the pretending to be an imbecile.