Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, orfc said:

Kate Forbes' views, whether you believe them or not are protected characteristics under the Human Rights Act by dint of being genuine religious beliefs.

Anyone saying they'd treat her differently for this is teetering on the edge of the hate crime abyss

At least reset the font size so it isn't so obvious you've copied and pasted it.

Your 2nd point is nonsense. It's not a hate crime to vote for someone else in a leadership race. She'd certainly have a very, very strong case if she was forcibly removed from the contest or sacked from the party.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Do you think "gammon" is racist as well? Good lord.

😂

Argue it out with the Equality and Human Rights Commission if you must my good fellow 🙂
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/equality-act/protected-characteristics#rob

"a belief should affect your life choices or the way you live for it to be included in the definition."

That would seem to fit Kate's circumstances, so if you don't vote for her now you are no better than a transphobe 🙂

1 minute ago, Bodie said:

At least reset the font size so it isn't so obvious you've copied and pasted it.

Your 2nd point is nonsense. It's not a hate crime to vote for someone else in a leadership race. She'd certainly have a very, very strong case if she was forcibly removed from the contest or sacked from the party.

I cut'n'pasted it off my own post on another window, I was going to chuck it on another thread but this one was getting more traffic 🙂

1 minute ago, orfc said:

Argue it out with the Equality and Human Rights Commission if you must my good fellow 🙂
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/equality-act/protected-characteristics#rob

"a belief should affect your life choices or the way you live for it to be included in the definition."

Great. I believe that The Caley are going to lift the cup this year and anyone who disagrees is a hate criminal.

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Great. I believe that The Caley are going to lift the cup this year and anyone who disagrees is a hate criminal.

As long as it's a genuine belief though, then you can out the haterz as Caley Exclusionist Radical Fans (CERFs) 🙂

19 minutes ago, orfc said:

That would seem to fit Kate's circumstances, so if you don't vote for her now you are no better than a transphobe 🙂

You're also forgetting that sexual orientation is also a protected characteristic.

11 minutes ago, orfc said:

As long as it's a genuine belief though, then you can out the haterz as Caley Exclusionist Radical Fans (CERFs) 🙂

But supporting a football team is not, as seen in McClung v Doosan Babcock which involved a Rangers fan (shock).

1 minute ago, Bodie said:

You're also forgetting that sexual orientation is also a protected characteristic.

But supporting a football team is not, as seen in McClung v Doosan Babcock which involved a Rangers fan (shock).

Lol, I thought you made that up, but I just googled it 🙂

https://www.tayloremmet.co.uk/blogs/what-we-can-learn-from-the-mcclung-v-doosan-babcock-ltd-employment-case/

2 minutes ago, orfc said:

Yeah, just good timing for me I guess as I just sat through a 2 hour employment law Teams meeting last week (with another 2 hours next week, God help me) where this case and some gender/trans ones were used as case studies.

1 hour ago, orfc said:

Kate Forbes' views, whether you believe them or not are protected characteristics under the Human Rights Act by dint of being genuine religious beliefs.

Anyone saying they'd treat her differently for this is teetering on the edge of the hate crime abyss

Cutting and pasting Joanna Cherry’s tweets thread for this pish. 

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Cutting and pasting Joanna Cherry’s tweets thread for this pish. 

Equalities Act 2010 = pish? Away to the holding pen with you more like mr. discrimination monster 🙂 

They are all "protected characteristics", not "protected characteristics you agree with" 🙂

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

No, it’s tedious concern trolls of whatever gender or sexuality. 

The concern is for you though, from a place of love. One minute it's dismissing the codified legal rights of those holding religious belief, the next, well... its a deep dark hole, young man, a deep dark hole, that's all I'll say 🙂

3 minutes ago, orfc said:

The concern is for you though, from a place of love. One minute it's dismissing the codified legal rights of those holding religious belief, the next, well... its a deep dark hole, young man, a deep dark hole, that's all I'll say 🙂

Hit me up when you get to account number 1000 and I’ll post up a gif of some party poppers and silly string for you. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats the chief constable of PS resigned basically due to the impossible circumstances of running the organisation. 

I mean the challenges of Covid, Cop26 and the Queen's Death must have taken it's toll and also point that even if the circumstances are tricky to pull off those don't point to it being impossible.

I'm on the fringes of this. I am live and let live. But I don't particularly agree or think it makes much sense with someone having two or more wives or husbands. But if that's what they all want then fine. Not my business. Maybe someone doesn't agree with two men or women getting married, but isn't that fussed either way. Surely you can disagree but also accept without giving too much of a shit.

I disagree with Boris Johnson fathering heaps of kids whilst he was in other relationships, but accept it was his choice. 

Shite analogy. 🍺

12 minutes ago, GTee said:

I'm on the fringes of this. I am live and let live. But I don't particularly agree or think it makes much sense with someone having two or more wives or husbands. But if that's what they all want then fine. Not my business. Maybe someone doesn't agree with two men or women getting married, but isn't that fussed either way. Surely you can disagree but also accept without giving too much of a shit.

I disagree with Boris Johnson fathering heaps of kids whilst he was in other relationships, but accept it was his choice. 

Shite analogy. 🍺

Boris Johnson.... Boris Johnson... wasn't he the bloke who changed religion so that he could have a fancy wedding? That's the kind of religious faith we should all aspire to.  Which religion suits me best at the moment...  That's the very one for me. Next week? I'll get back to you on that. 

Shite analogy. 🍺