Aberdeen v Livi

13 hours ago, starryfish said:

A quick tally up gets the Dons to 45 points at the split if we match the results from earlier in the season - would this be enough for top 6?

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about reaching that total, I'm afraid.

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about reaching that total, I'm afraid.

Having a look at the remaining fixtures it does look like Hibs and St Mirren have a far more challenging run in.

I know, at the end of the day, its just statistics but even so.

This is our biggest game of the season.

It will define whether the rest of the season is still worthwhile or otherwise.

I actually prefer the early Conference knockouts to those stupid groups - so whilst 4th or 5th are achievable, we need to go for it.   That starts with being on the right end of the split.

Hopefully the reasonably solid performance against Motherwell means the team can at least be trusted to deliver at home again - but Livingston will be rough and tough as ever.

42 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

This is our biggest game of the season.

It will define whether the rest of the season is still worthwhile or otherwise.

I actually prefer the early Conference knockouts to those stupid groups - so whilst 4th or 5th are achievable, we need to go for it.   That starts with being on the right end of the split.

Hopefully the reasonably solid performance against Motherwell means the team can at least be trusted to deliver at home again - but Livingston will be rough and tough as ever.

Said the same last season yet we still had a chance in the last game before the split. 

I do think if we lose though then it will be very difficult to catch Livingston. 

It's a bit dodgy to say we're off form, we lost 3-0 to Rangers in a game that the scoreline flattered them. We lost a freak cup result before it, but the form before both of those has us losing 4 in 16 going back to October and three of them were to Celtic :D The other being Hibs. Even taking recent results into it we've lost 6 of 18 with 4 of the losses coming against Rangers or Celtic. 

Apparently Anderson is back for this so that allows Nouble to play his own game and get out on the wing running at people.

image.png.bf873b55eebb1f48011afb103299a749.png

Probabilities for this game coming out as a pretty even split too. In depth it has Aberdeen as slightly better than Livi offensively but far worse defensively.

image.thumb.png.89e2b0739425590b6b80f4455f6ef405.png

This is the simulated end of split table too, has Aberdeen 7th on 47 by the end of the split. It's giving Aberdeen a 13% probability of a top 6 finish (9% 6th, 3% 5th and 1% 4th with <1% 3rd). Livi on the other side of it being given a 80% probability of top 6.

Edited by ATLIS

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Just for his “Tav does what Tav does” sycophancy, it would be lovely to send the wee fat *** w**k home with a humping.

Sadly, we won’t. 

Did that not happen about 6 months ago? Good to see you're not holding grudges :D 

I don't think this checks the must-win category for Aberdeen because:

I don't think we'll reach a European spot given that we rely (practically) solely on our home form. I suppose we could sneak a 5th and Celgers or Hearts win the cup then we qualify with Hibs in 4th.

However, do we want to qualify for Europe with another massive turnover of staff in the summer? Maybe another year of League Cup group stages would help bed the new manager and team in (although it didn't last summer) and not go into the new domestic season on the back of a demoralising defeat on the continent (or in Ireland).

I don't see our home form matching our away form in the last part of the season so I don't think we'll be anywhere near the bottom 2.

It isn't must-win for Robson either because he isn't going to be in the job much longer no matter if he wins, draws or loses

I suppose still an opportunity for Top 6 but it doesn't stop this match having the feel of end-of-season fare for me.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't think this checks the must-win category for Aberdeen because:

I don't think we'll reach a European spot given that we rely (practically) solely on our home form. I suppose we could sneak a 5th and Celgers or Hearts win the cup then we qualify with Hibs in 4th. However, do we want to qualify for Europe with another massive turnover of staff in the summer? Maybe another year of League Cup group stages would help bed the new manager and team in (although it didn't last summer)

I don't see our home form matching our away form in the last part of the season so I don't think we'll be anywhere near the bottom 2.

It isn't must-win for Robson either because he isn't going to be in the job much longer no matter if he wins, draws or loses

I suppose still an opportunity for Top 6 but it doesn't stop this match having the feel of end-of-season fare for us.

I think we’ll finish 7th, possibly 8th.

Given the expenditure, that would be shambolic. 

Scales is suspended for this game and Barron is injured. Didn't really like Robson press conference as he just isn't as good as previous managers speaking but I don't really care as long as he gets results. 

I'm quite positive about the dons and hopefully qualify for Europe. Think the 2 new defenders look good in the first few games so hopefully will sort out the defence issues and upfront we look very good all season. 

Edited by betting competition

8 hours ago, betting competition said:

Said the same last season yet we still had a chance in the last game before the split. 

I do think if we lose though then it will be very difficult to catch Livingston. 

Aye with Hibs having Sevco, Celtic, and Hearts to play in their last 7 pre split games, as well as us at the TMA next weekend, we'd both have a few games where we could pick up pts to get above them. Winning this game would make it a lot easier to do right enough, esp with them not playing this weekend.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye with Hibs having Sevco, Celtic, and Hearts to play in their last 7 pre split games, as well as us at the TMA next weekend, we'd both have a few games where we could pick up pts to get above them. Winning this game would make it a lot easier to do right enough, esp with them not playing this weekend.

The problem from an Aberdeen perspective is that we haven't been consistently picking up points all season because of our travel sickness so I see no reason why that will change between now and the end of the season.

Livi might well push Hibs but we seem to have given them a lift after our Easter Road capitulation.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Wont get sucked in by scepticism from Dons fans here.Its Pittodrie and our record recently ain't great up there.Having said that we should have our strike force back available for this.Gives me opptomism that we can take something from the game.As long as VAR doesn't kick us in the nuts il be happy.Bring it on.👊🦁⬆️.