Forfar Athletic v Stirling Albion.

With Stirling Albion sitting 2nd in the league and Forfar playing some very attractive football under some inspired loan signings by Ray McKinnon, this has all the makings of a first class game. Forfar are playing with confidence and the loanees are fitting in nicely and hopefully last week's cancelled fixture has allowed more time to work on a settled team raring to go. Won't be an easy game, with Forfar wanting to continue their improved fortunes and Stirling wanting to consolidate and strengthen their position. Forfar to continue making huge strides forward, Stirling to be put to the test.

58 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Has all the hallmarks of a good game like you say, although with a stop start run of fixtures since the new year, we don't seem to be quite within our groove so far this year, but should obviously travel north with confidence

We seem to find our groove well enough when we keep 11 men on the park mate. It's when we haven't we've struggled.

8 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

We seem to find our groove well enough when we keep 11 men on the park mate. It's when we haven't we've struggled.

Totally agree,we need to keep 11 players on the park for the whole game.The last couple of weekends we have gone down to 10 men for a large slice of the game and that cost us points.The sending offs may have been controversial but the players need to watch that they dont put themselves in a position where incompetent referees can make these decisions.

Forfar have improved as the season has gone on,so I expect a tough game.We appear to get better later in games and I think that is because we have a strong bench.We seem to end up most weeks with a better team on the park than the team that starts.

Would take a point in this one, provided we put Bonnyrigg to the sword on Tuesday. 7 points from these next three games would put us firmly in control of third place.

last few performances haven’t been brilliant, but still grinding out results and long may that continue 

I'm just glad the met office's dire predictions of being up past our ankles in snow this weekend, have proved unfounded yet again.  The last thing we needed was another postponement.  We've still got the Dumbarton away and Forfar at home casualties to catch up on.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Going to be a very close match, can see both teams cancelling each other out. 0-0 or 1-1 would be my guesses.

Not at the match, watching BBC live scores. Reads less like 2 teams cancelling each other out and more like 2 teams giving each other heart failure?

Very impressed with Stirling in the first half, they just couldn't get the ball in the net. They look superiour to Dumbarton and I'd fancy them to win the league now also.

There's a resiliency about us but we're badly missing Craig Thomson and I thought McCluskey was poor yet again.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

4 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Very impressed with Stirling in the first half, they just couldn't get the ball in the net. They look superiour to Dumbarton and I'd fancy them to win the league now also.

There's a resiliency about us but we're badly missing Craig Thomson and I thought McCluskey was poor yet again.

I think they will win the title and hope they do. Would fancy our chances much more against Dumbarton than Stirling if we get to a playoff. 

Disappointed with the performance, especially in the first half.

I don’t feel Robson, Slater and Hutton work as well in the midfield. Robson and Hutton worked well and then since Slater has come back from injury it just hasn’t been the same.

Much the same with Ross out wide, he was excellent behind Armour. Thomson being out doesn’t help with this mind you.

Is Nditi still carrying a knock? Not that Gillies has done much wrong, I just feel Nditi is a better option.

Should have been well ahead by half time as a slew of good chances were missed.  Thought we played really well with Davidson and banner excellent in midfield and Thomson and Carrick running riot. Combination of bad finishing, bad luck and last ditch defending kept us out. Notable that forfar motm was the keeper 

Second half was what I was expecting the whole game to be like. Forfar tightened things up a bit and worked harder especially in midfield and it all became a slogfest. 

Forfar were definitely better than last time we were at station park. They were solid and organised but lacked creativity in the final third. I like slater but thought he looked a bit off today. Don't know if he's maybe being asked to play a different role under McKinnon. 

From what I've seen so far I think annan and forfar along with Dumbarton and ourselves will make up the top 4 but tbh it could be anyone.

Also - bridies seemed much smaller or I'm getting old...

Totally out worked in the 1st half by a Binos side that were well organised and mobile, Hutton must have not been 100% because he was slower than me today and Slater just ran about like a headless chicken with no support. Nobody could pass to a mate in blue that was more than 2 yards away, awful to watch.

Binos were just the better side and Loons looked like they knew that, high press had them hustled off the ball all the time.

I have no issues losing to a better side but losing because they worked harder is a no no, and lets face it, Loons deserved to lose that game.

MoM Big Marc, says it all really

44 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Should have been well ahead by half time as a slew of good chances were missed.  Thought we played really well with Davidson and banner excellent in midfield and Thomson and Carrick running riot. Combination of bad finishing, bad luck and last ditch defending kept us out. Notable that forfar motm was the keeper 

Second half was what I was expecting the whole game to be like. Forfar tightened things up a bit and worked harder especially in midfield and it all became a slogfest. 

Forfar were definitely better than last time we were at station park. They were solid and organised but lacked creativity in the final third. I like slater but thought he looked a bit off today. Don't know if he's maybe being asked to play a different role under McKinnon. 

From what I've seen so far I think annan and forfar along with Dumbarton and ourselves will make up the top 4 but tbh it could be anyone.

Also - bridies seemed much smaller or I'm getting old...

How did Mark Weir do?