AlexJack Alba Strathclyde Cups

If/When the Big Scottish is open to licenced clubs only, feel there is a place in calendar for these cups to continue.

Yes we have the SCC but the beauty of the above is it's only open to non licenced clubs, who generally inhabit the lower divisions. 

Leave format as is with a Final Play-off between the winners. It could become a fan favourite with something a bit different to look forward to.

I'm sure @HibeeJibee can keep us on track with formats, history, etc.

37 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If/When the Big Scottish is open to licenced clubs only, feel there is a place in calendar for these cups to continue.

Yes we have the SCC but the beauty of the above is it's only open to non licenced clubs, who generally inhabit the lower divisions. 

Leave format as is with a Final Play-off between the winners. It could become a fan favourite with something a bit different to look forward to.

I'm sure @HibeeJibee can keep us on track with formats, history, etc.

Got to disagree here,by all means keep the cups going but clubs have spent thousands to get into the Scottish Cup, I'm not sure why this and the amateur Cup winners merit places nowadays. 

If you're a decent non licensed club there's a chance of a back door entry  every season. 

50 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Got to disagree here,by all means keep the cups going but clubs have spent thousands to get into the Scottish Cup, I'm not sure why this and the amateur Cup winners merit places nowadays. 

If you're a decent non licensed club there's a chance of a back door entry  every season. 

I'm not for or against the Scottish entry angle as not involved with or follow a specific club. 

Chances are that when Scottish is for licenced clubs only these cups and the inter league part of it may be dropped. Just feel it is a chance for lower level clubs to have a worthwhile match or 2 against teams from the other leagues. 

Enjoyed game last night and looking ahead to whomever of Renfrew or Luncarty play down here. That's my only angle.

If pushed would probs agree Big Scottish is for Licenced clubs only.

But don't want this to become a debate about that, more the merits of these 3 cups and the play off, final aspect of it.

31 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I'm not for or against the Scottish entry angle as not involved with or follow a specific club. 

Chances are that when Scottish is for licenced clubs only these cups and the inter league part of it may be dropped. Just feel it is a chance for lower level clubs to have a worthwhile match or 2 against teams from the other leagues. 

Enjoyed game last night and looking ahead to whomever of Renfrew or Luncarty play down here. That's my only angle.

If pushed would probs agree Big Scottish is for Licenced clubs only.

But don't want this to become a debate about that, more the merits of these 3 cups and the play off, final aspect of it.

Yes it is by all means worthwhile having the 3 winners having a small tourney.

Gives a more variety of teams to get some (more) silverware on the board. 

A decent crowd last night as well I see from your report. That can only be good for the non league game. 

Don't agree with qualifers being removed from the Scottish Cup. All it's doing is re-introducing the closed shop nature it once had. As licencing is only going to be tweaked even more over the years making it more difficult for newcomers to attain, while historical members get special treatment. If anything i'd like to see a North Cup Winners Shield introduced or just have the cup winners themselves qualify outright.

There's maybe an argument to remove the Amateur Cup route now considering how it has been treated. As well as the way the pyramid expanded. Amateurs unlike the mix of Juniors/non-leagues seniors is now truly separate from non-league football. If an amateur club wants to step up they can access a league that offers qualifying opportunities.

I'd imagine the Alex Jack Cup would remain regardless. It was introduced when the EoS split into two divisions and was to give games to non-SFA members on dates used for the old Qualifying Cup later Scottish Cup proper.

The South might scrap the Alba Cup since it was only introduced for the Cup Winners Shield and they have enough cups as it is.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't agree with qualifers being removed from the Scottish Cup. All it's doing is re-introducing the closed shop nature it once had. As licencing is only going to be tweaked even more over the years making it more difficult for newcomers to attain, while historical members get special treatment. If anything i'd like to see a North Cup Winners Shield introduced or just have the cup winners themselves qualify outright.

There's maybe an argument to remove the Amateur Cup route now considering how it has been treated. As well as the way the pyramid expanded. Amateurs unlike the mix of Juniors/non-leagues seniors is now truly separate from non-league football. If an amateur club wants to step up they can access a league that offers qualifying opportunities.

I'd imagine the Alex Jack Cup would remain regardless. It was introduced when the EoS split into two divisions and was to give games to non-SFA members on dates used for the old Qualifying Cup later Scottish Cup proper.

The South might scrap the Alba Cup since it was only introduced for the Cup Winners Shield and they have enough cups as it is.

The amount of clubs eligible for the Scottish Cup through licensing would otherwise state its hardly a closed shop now though. There's a lot more clubs than ever can play in it.

36 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The amount of clubs eligible for the Scottish Cup through licensing would otherwise state its hardly a closed shop now though. There's a lot more clubs than ever can play in it.

Anyone getting licenced in the NCL, North Region, Midlands, SoS this year? EoSFL even?

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Anyone getting licenced in the NCL, North Region, Midlands, SoS this year? EoSFL even?

How many entrants in this years cup?

Is it getting bigger by the season?

An all in from the start Scottish would be great. Would give teams that play each other 4 times a season in the SPFL a chance of visiting somewhere different. Might be some dodgy scorelines though :lol:

BUT thats for another day......

HG wants to talk football and the 3 cups.