Stenhousemuir vs Forfar Athletic

Not the finest game this afternoon, felt Stenny were better in the first half while we were the best team after half time.

Looked to me like Seb Ross’ shot late on crossed the line.

On another note, hopefully the racist fan in hospitality is dealt with and not just given a slap on the wrist.

Complete game of two halves today.

Stenny looked far the better side in the first half, we created virtually nothing. Stenny were very good of the ball, nice & compact, pressed well & did very well to limit us space to do anything.

Second half we came out the traps quickly and started to get a foot hole in the game. Scrappy goal to get us back in it but it was more than we deserved.

robbed of a late winner, thought Ross had done just enough to get it over the line, wasn’t to be. Although he has to get more on it to make sure. Interested to watch that back on the highlights. 

Munro had an absolute shocker today, sloppy in & out of possesion.

Nat Wedderburn continues to impress me everytime I watch Stenny, he just doesn’t look like a footballer but does the basics & gets stuck in so well. 

23 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Nat Wedderburn continues to impress me everytime I watch Stenny, he just doesn’t look like a footballer but does the basics & gets stuck in so well. 

Have to agree, looks a much more handy player than his Raith days, looked like an accident waiting to happen for the Kirkcaldy outfit.

Forfar looked like a very strong side, easily deserving a draw, and almost shading it in the second half. Craig Slater looked assured and clever in possession, Thomson and Flanagan too gave the home defence a lot of problems. Munro’s distribution from defence was woeful at times.

Was worried for Blaney when he came on early for the Warriors at full back, given his miserable second half performance against East Fife, but after a couple of shaky moments he settled to a good game. Reilly looks a good acquisition, Yates was a wee bit disappointing today, but felt he should have been switched right when O’Reilly came on rather than removed from the play.

The referee Duncan showed why he has been downgraded from higher league matches with an erratic performance, Nditi should have been red carded while the inventions he came up with after injury stoppages were bizarre.

Finally, for the second home game in a row I found it odd that Forbes was left on the park for an extended period. Today it was clear he didn’t have the fitness for 70 minutes, perhaps that’s a pointer as to why the Warriors have failed to impress in the second half gaining only 1 point from 6 in these games.

Was worried when Blaney came on after his last game but he did really well. We need more support for Reilly up front, yesterday it was too slow in arriving.

Forbes and Wedderburn cannot continue to start together, they lack pace. Forbes looks better as an impact player coming off the bench.

The next 4 games are really going to be telling for us.

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Craig Slater looked assured and clever in possession

Man of the match for me. His goal aside he was at the heart of everything good that Forfar did, keeps things moving well through midfield, keeps possession and brings others into play as well. A really intelligent player, still more than capable of playing at a higher level.

54 minutes ago, Elric said:

Was worried when Blaney came on after his last game but he did really well. We need more support for Reilly up front, yesterday it was too slow in arriving.

Forbes and Wedderburn cannot continue to start together, they lack pace. Forbes looks better as an impact player coming off the bench.

The next 4 games are really going to be telling for us.

First half Stenny were going forward in numbers & always looked threatening going forward.
Unsure where the support was too slow in coming shout is coming from? Second half I’d maybe agree, but think that was more to with Forfar being far more resolute in the second half than the first.

I think if Forbes plays behind a striker, you have Wedderburn and another midfielder with legs you would do well. Forbes passing & vision is too good to be left out of your team for me. 

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

First half Stenny were going forward in numbers & always looked threatening going forward.
Unsure where the support was too slow in coming shout is coming from? Second half I’d maybe agree, but think that was more to with Forfar being far more resolute in the second half than the first.

I think if Forbes plays behind a striker, you have Wedderburn and another midfielder with legs you would do well. Forbes passing & vision is too good to be left out of your team for me. 

He's a luxury player with a relatively poor work ethic but yes, he has ability to play a pass and create problems. It's an age old debate. Thought his passing was a little wasteful yesterday.

I like Yates playing in that 10 role and not out wide, where O'Reilly should start. 

Edited by Old Fashioned Stramash