Forfar Athletic v. Albion Rovers

Started to avoid another meltdown.

Forfar should be safe with our win against Dumbarton in midweek, with East Fife facing Annan a win would guarantee a top four spot at five o’clock tonight. Albion absolutely in need of the three points to avoid club 42 status.

Forfar have won all three matches so far this season, hopefully they can make it four today.

A congested couple of weeks has seen a bit of a stutter so it was good to take all three points from Dumbarton, who are slogging it out with Stirling for top spot. The Albion from the other end of the table are capable of beating any team in this league as Dumbarton found out but Forfar should (steady!) prove too strong today. Would like to see Slater totally run the game, Munro to find a forward with his blooter baw, and a Matty hat trick. But I'll settle for the most likely one. And three points.

5 minutes ago, lwh said:

Is this worrying or is it good that Ray can adapt when things aren’t going well?

It's nice that they can turn it around, but we're also fortunate nobody has put us to the sword during one of our horror show first halves.

Yet again Ben comes on for Matty and scores straight away.

That first half was poor and fair play to Rovers for doing well even while missing Reilly. Bevan looks a good find, faded in the second half but he obviously can’t do everything himself.

I don’t get why we continuously churn out below par first half performances and then look much better after the break. We had that issue in the early days of Irvine too, one good half a game.

The right back would have been glad to hear the final whistle because that was clearly not his finest game. 

5 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Yet again Ben comes on for Matty and scores straight away.

That first half was poor and fair play to Rovers for doing well even while missing Reilly. Bevan looks a good find, faded in the second half but he obviously can’t do everything himself.

I don’t get why we continuously churn out below par first half performances and then look much better after the break. We had that issue in the early days of Irvine too, one good half a game.

The right back would have been glad to hear the final whistle because that was clearly not his finest game. 

Both Rovers full backs are absolutely reeking

Thought we deserved a draw today but not to be massive game for us now against Elgin.

Sadly can’t stand and watch the game in peace due to the “young team” in the corner calling us everything under the sun and apparently we’re “Fen*an b*****ds” believe me my Saturdays would be easier if I was.

Edited by Rovers Ben

17 minutes ago, Rovers Ben said:

Thought we deserved a draw today but not to be massive game for us now against Elgin.

Sadly can’t stand and watch the game in peace due to the “young team” in the corner calling us everything under the sun and apparently we’re “Fen*an b*****ds” believe me my Saturdays would be easier if I was.

I'm all for the young team enjoying their day and giving away supporters as good as they get, but if that's true, it's not on. 

56 minutes ago, Rovers Ben said:

37 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I'm all for the young team enjoying their day and giving away supporters as good as they get, but if that's true, it's not on. 

Sorry about that Rovers Ben, I suspect I know exactly who was behind the sectarian comment, he’s a big Rangers fan and I’ve heard him shout a few Rangers things recently.

Just now, theSilverFox said:

Sorry about that Rovers Ben, I suspect I know exactly who was behind the sectarian comment, he’s a big Rangers fan and I’ve heard him shout a few Rangers things recently.

Listen always a few bad eggs but mostly had good experiences in the past at Station Park hopefully we’ll be back next year.

1 hour ago, Rovers Ben said:

Was this at FT? Heard some commotion behind me on the way out. 

If it was those young lads, they're all fuds. Should've shat in their cornflakes.