Rose coloured specs?

Good post match chat has steadily fallen right off a cliff on this site in case anyone who now bothers to look hasn't noticed.

I’m happy to be classed as an oldie Junior man, enjoyed the banter on here & contributed occasionally. 

I haven't really come to grips with the pyramid thingy & kinda accept that it could well take a few years to settle in. However I sadly morn the demise of much of the traditional old west leagues rivalry & the annual excitement of ‘The Junior Cup’
Im sure I will be labelled as as a dinosaur but so be-it it just how I feel

2 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

... the annual excitement of ‘The Junior Cup’

Merging the South Challenge Cup with the Junior Cup is what badly needs to happen. Whether it will or not...

3 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

Good post match chat has steadily fallen right off a cliff on this site in case anyone who now bothers to look hasn't noticed.

I’m happy to be classed as an oldie Junior man, enjoyed the banter on here & contributed occasionally. 

I haven't really come to grips with the pyramid thingy & kinda accept that it could well take a few years to settle in. However I sadly morn the demise of much of the traditional old west leagues rivalry & the annual excitement of ‘The Junior Cup’

I think another of people would've preferred there team 2 stay junior and not join the wosl and the pyramid. I asked about 20 talbot fans this and they all said no 2 the pyramid so this throws up the question would they "sh#t the bed" if they got into the playoffs. Me personally think we shouldn't be playing in the junior Cup as where aren't juniors anymore but people will argue there point and end of day its just an opinion

Mon the papers

3 hours ago, passbackdave said:

I think another of people would've preferred there team 2 stay junior and not join the wosl and the pyramid. I asked about 20 talbot fans this and they all said no 2 the pyramid so this throws up the question would they "sh#t the bed" if they got into the playoffs. Me personally think we shouldn't be playing in the junior Cup as where aren't juniors anymore but people will argue there point and end of day its just an opinion

Mon the papers

I think Talbot had the most to lose by joining the pyramid but I think would be professional and win any play offs if they get there this season or anytime in the future. 

I reckon they would still take part in Scottish Junior Cup even if got promoted to Lowland League. I was very pro pyramid but the cups really need sorted out as we have two mediocre cups for various reasons instead of 1 great cup for all tier 5 and below to enter - yeah I know politics and Highland League teams don't fancy it but the cup situation does need sorted.

On topic Twitter and Facebook page have taken over from here for a lot of post match chat that would have been on here 5-10 years ago.

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

I think Talbot had the most to lose by joining the pyramid but I think would be professional and win any play offs if they get there this season or anytime in the future. 

I reckon they would still take part in Scottish Junior Cup even if got promoted to Lowland League. I was very pro pyramid but the cups really need sorted out as we have two mediocre cups for various reasons instead of 1 great cup for all tier 5 and below to enter - yeah I know politics and Highland League teams don't fancy it but the cup situation does need sorted.

On topic Twitter and Facebook page have taken over from here for a lot of post match chat that would have been on here 5-10 years ago.

Im not that bothered about playing highland league teams etc folks just need to get behind the South Cup and see it for the potentially great tournament it is, open it to the ‘midland’ league teams etc.

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

Other forms of social media certainly. 

On here though beyond the Junior/Pyramid divide that happened. I do think losing the centralised nature of the Junior forum for the split East/West/Highland/South hurts things. It might be easier to navigate and less cluttered. But for match day threads in particular it kills the engagement.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not that bothered about playing highland league teams etc folks just need to get behind the South Cup and see it for the potentially great tournament it is, open it to the ‘midland’ league teams etc.

My preference has been just rename it the Scottish Open Cup where you'd be allowed in if you wanted it. Pre-WoSFL Girvan were allowed to participate due to their SFA membership/Qualifying Cup past. Chose not to after the first couple of years if I remember right.

Just have no punishments if you choose not to enter for a year, only if you enter but don't fulfill the fixtures.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Other forms of social media certainly. 

On here though beyond the Junior/Pyramid divide that happened. I do think losing the centralised nature of the Junior forum for the split East/West/Highland/South hurts things. It might be easier to navigate and less cluttered. But for match day threads in particular it kills the engagement.

My preference has been just rename it the Scottish Open Cup where you'd be allowed in if you wanted it. Pre-WoSFL Girvan were allowed to participate due to their SFA membership/Qualifying Cup past. Chose not to after the first couple of years if I remember right.

Just have no punishments if you choose not to enter for a year, only if you enter but don't fulfill the fixtures.

Is there a similar cup in the north of the country?

2 minutes ago, happy said:

Is there a similar cup in the north of the country?

Nope. When the Qualifying Cups end there was a North Challenge Cup for two seasons when the SFA funded it. That would have the old North Qualifying Cup teams & I think it was Orkney that was added. The close season the SFA funding stopped was the year that the Highland League expanded with Turriff, Formartine & Strathspey added. So it was scrapped. 

There's 4 minor Inter-League Cups up North but nothing that has everyone participate. NoS (NCL & some HL), Aberdeenshire Cup & Shield (some HL & a few North Region), North & Tayside (North Region & Midlands).

16 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

All of the clubs from the old west leagues are still in the new West of Scotland League and if Beith win that'll continue for next season, so the pyramid hasn't really affected things yet.

The reducing numbers in the Junior Cup already happened before the west teams moved to the pyramid and so did the change to 16 team leagues. Suppose the main difference is the number of clubs taking part in the Scottish Cup nowadays and more games under floodlights.

Edited by Ginaro

Would there be any mileage is something like the Johnstone's Paint in England? A North Tournament and and South Tournament and a national final at say Perth?