Accies looking for 2 wins in a row against basement boys Cove. Hartley has had our number a lot over the years but his appointment here is looking like a disaster.

We win and Cove are down IMO.

needing to support a Dundee win is a horrible feeling 🤢

@CoveRangers1922 where you at?

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies looking for 2 wins in a row against basement boys Cove. Hartley has had our number a lot over the years but his appointment here is looking like a disaster.

We win and Cove are down IMO.

needing to support a Dundee win is a horrible feeling 🤢

@CoveRangers1922 where you at?

Basement boys, it's been coming for us since Hartley's return in all fairness. I'm shocked it's taken this long for us to succumb to the bottom spot.

We're so fragile at the centre back especially when we're fielding the likes of Jason Naismith and Morgyn Neill who are both slower than a slow thing and turn like milk.

Agreed a loss sends us straight through the trapdoor, no chance of a playoff spot. To think we were 10 points clear of Hamilton at the start of January and 3 months later we could be 5 behind. It's gone pear shape. Conversely if we could manage a win, only one of them in our last 13, then we could end Saturday 2 points adrift from 8th if Dundee beat Arbroath at Gayfield.

We shown signs of being semi decent in some matches but in others looked dazzled in the lights, especially if we go a goal down early then we self implode.

I feel we'll be right up for this one. Give it our all knowing it's last chance saloon. Would love to think we'd get the win but who knows.

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Both of these sides will go down imo

Very likely. The Cove of the first half of the season would have stayed up i think but that team was built on sand to some degree given 3 of our best/better players were all loans that were very likely to return to parent clubs in January and the squad was thereafter only an injury or two away from really struggling.

Throw in Hartley's miserable recruitment it should only send us one way. Be a major shock to nearly everyone if we escaped relegation 

Just win. Don't care how.

If we can be level with Arbroath with 5 to go (assuming Dundee beat them), with them still to play, and 5 ahead of Cove with a game in hand then that's a scenario you'd have bitten anyone's hand off of when we arrived at Firhill on the 28th of January.

Edited by Todd_is_God

We haven't beaten Cove this season,so I don't get the overwhelming sense of this is a formality from some Accies fans.

Despite recent results,I expect Cove to be fired up as a win for them and Arbroath losing brings them onto the coattails of Arbroath.

Accies have a long history of fcuk ups with a decent crowd in the ground, but a gritty, nervy narrow win would do me.

Finally, a source I know very close to the Cove Manager told me that he will be sacked if they lose this.As it would leave them adrift at the bottom,this would be a case of shutting the stable doors after the horse has bolted.

On 05/04/2023 at 15:42, CoveRangers1922 said:

Very likely. The Cove of the first half of the season would have stayed up i think but that team was built on sand to some degree given 3 of our best/better players were all loans that were very likely to return to parent clubs in January and the squad was thereafter only an injury or two away from really struggling.

Throw in Hartley's miserable recruitment it should only send us one way. Be a major shock to nearly everyone if we escaped relegation 

I thought Cove were pretty decent in the first meeting between us but gradually got worse in the following matches (despite winning the last one). 

Edited by accies1874
Dodgy memory

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I thought Cove were pretty decent in the first meeting between us but gradually got worse in the following matches (despite winning the last one). I also hadn't realised until recently that Hartley's only win was that December game. 

Our only win under Hartley so far was away to Thistle. Think you beat them the week before us.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Our only win under Hartley so far was away to Thistle. Think you beat them the week before us.

You got in just before my edit ffs. I initially thought Hartley was in charge for the game at Christmas 

19 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

How many points were Cove ahead of Accies when Hartley took over? And just how many wins has Hartley had? 1? 2?

So far it looks to have been a dreadful decision breaking him back. That said hoping they can get a draw today 

10 points ahead and 1 win since then for Hartley.

Today is when our winning streak starts 🫣. Yeah I don't believe that too much either. Might get AVFTT bounce after Telfer said we're relegation certainties. Clutching.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Started horrendously but the switch to the 4-1-4-1 has given us control. Still gaps in midfield on the counter and Cove have some fun set-pieces and individual threats, but here's hoping we carry this onto the second half.

Annoying. We were well on top until the penalty but the subs killed it and swung the game towards becoming like the Arbroath one. Plenty of play but little penetration. Cove's counters much more dangerous than anything we had. 

I wouldn't have made the subs after the penalty, but I could understand wanting to get C. Smith central and use Stephenson's pace, but it doesn't help that Stephenson and Zanatta are utter rotten. Winter, while not playing too well, would've been a better option that Stephenson. It's incredible that we had absolutely no threat 1 v 1 out wide. Meant that we had to pull players out wide to combine with and left no one in the box. I'd probably put the defeat mostly on a lack of quality. 

Failing to beat Cove this season will come back to haunt us. Really had to win today. 

On 05/04/2023 at 15:32, accies1874 said:

Both of these sides will go down imo

Correct. Just the question of who finished bottom.

On the game itself- Dreadful defending if you can call it that from Tumilty for Cove’s goal he really doesn’t look comfortable at LB. Rankin at fault (again) today with the subs, I get they were clearly lined up before the penalty but after we scored it he is aware you can change your mind? I’m willing to cut Stephenson a bit of slack as he is a young boy experiencing first team football for the first time he atleast has a good turn of pace and created a decent chance. Zanatta on the other hand really adds absolutely f**k all.

Cove are an absolute gang of hammer throwers and if we were a little bit more like that we’d probably be a bit better off this season.