National Conference League

edinabear

4 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

There’s no chance of this being dropped no matter how much most fans want it to be!

Remember when Sevco absolutely had to stay in the top divisions or we'd face Armageddon?

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think it is.

If this is voted against at AGM, it's dead in the water (they can't invite clubs to a league that has not been approved by members) and the SFA will need to go back to the table and actually start talking to clubs. All clubs. Not the PWG, but get off their arses and actually go and engage and above all, listen.

Any idea which way are Gretna voting?

I agree that the only other way for the conference to be killed is if enough vote against it at the AGM.

I have no idea regarding Gretna's intentions on this matter.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don't think it is.

If this is voted against at AGM, it's dead in the water (they can't invite clubs to a league that has not been approved by members) and the SFA will need to go back to the table and actually start talking to clubs. All clubs. Not the PWG, but get off their arses and actually go and engage and above all, listen.

Any idea which way are Gretna voting?

The SFA do have the power to insert this league without it going to an AGM, however it would be very brave of them to try it.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The SFA do have the power to insert this league without it going to an AGM, however it would be very brave of them to try it.

Which article covers that?

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The SFA board have the power to do it.

Is this written down anywhere? And without permission of the SPFL, LL and HL?

Edited by welshbairn

This isn't a done deal thats why its all so messy and no one's stuck their head above the parapet to sell the idea.

SFA just want to squeeze out a vote in their favour for the idea. That way they can have a mandate to serve up whatever slop the Conference league ends up being. 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This isn't a done deal thats why its all so messy and no one's stuck their head above the parapet to sell the idea.

SFA just want to squeeze out a vote in their favour for the idea. That way they can have a mandate to serve up whatever slop the Conference league ends up being. 

Do you think they haven’t discussed it at SPFL level ?

1 minute ago, Greenmachine said:

They want to avoid an SPFL vote because then they'd need a 75% majority. AFAIK the clubs have just been shown the 3 options Maxwell came up with. no doubt he's having regular portions of succulent lamb at Celtic Park and Ibrox though.

9 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Why are you going round telling everyone its a done deal?   The fact is no, they have not spoken to SPFL clubs on this, they will have discussed it at SFA Board level, Professional Game Board level, and also at the PWG, but at no point was the PWG involved in consultation on the idea, it was presented to them as a fait-acompli.  Very few, if any, clubs have been spoken to directly on it apart from those who want involved as far as B teams are concerned.

The SFA can't even flesh out the detail or tell anyone how many B teams will be involved.  They want clubs to vote on a "concept".  Whether any further details/plans are provided ahead of the AGM, who knows.

Edited by Burnieman

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Why are you going round telling everyone its a done deal?   The fact is no, they have not spoken to SPFL clubs on this, they will have discussed it at SFA Board level, Professional Game Board level, and also at the PWG, but at no point was the PWG involved in consultation on the idea, it was presented to them as a fait-acompli.  Very few, if any, clubs have been spoken to directly on it apart from those who want involved as far as B teams are concerned.

I hope you’re right but I can’t see this going forward to a vote without clubs being canvassed first.

2 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

I hope you’re right but I can’t see this going forward to a vote without clubs being canvassed first.

They haven't been, or at least, the two people I've asked who should know have said they know only what anyone else knows.

43 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Since when do the SFA have anything to do with leagues? They are responsible for licensing, the Scottish Cup, the national team and as an umbrella organisation for the various other stakeholder clubs but they can't tell the SPFL, SLFL, SHFL et al. what to order for breakfast, let alone what their league structures look like. 

22 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Everyone knows it has been "discussed". If it was a done deal all the leagues would be working on its introduction right now. 

Instead we're getting a vote on the idea. A bit like the pyramid in 2011. With the hopes it squeaks through on a simple majority. 

Then all the leagues are forced to start working on the idea. 

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Since when do the SFA have anything to do with leagues? They are responsible for licensing, the Scottish Cup, the national team and as an umbrella organisation for the various other stakeholder clubs but they can't tell the SPFL, SLFL, SHFL et al. what to order for breakfast, let alone what their league structures look like. 

Since it’s in the Articles of Association???