Alloa v Accies

Saturday, 13 May, 15:00:

Falkirk v Airdrie

Accies v Alloa

Wednesday, 17 May, 19:35:

TBC v TBC

Saturday, 20 May, 17:15:

TBC v TBC

An interesting pair of matches. I think the Accies got lucky that Alloa didn’t pass Airdrie for third, as I think Airdrie and Falkirk are the stronger teams. I’d expect the Accies to progress to face whichever survive, but it all very much depends which team shows up. The Cup team could easily defeat any League One side…the last couple of League games team will get crushed.

f**k sake what an abhorrent list of clubs to chose from. 

Accies are just a basket case and deserve their slide into the lowland leagues. 

We simply cannot allow Falkirk to get promoted as it is far too funny watching their fans combust in League One. 

Airdrie are just Airdrie really. Can’t be having that. 

Which means by default I shall be hoping Alloa can endeavour to return to the Championship. A pretty inoffensive club are Alloa. Rice seems like a good bloke and of course they played a large part in our winning of the league a few years ago. Yes, I think I’d like to see Alloa back up. 

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

An interesting pair of matches. I think the Accies got lucky that Alloa didn’t pass Airdrie for third, as I think Airdrie and Falkirk are the stronger teams. I’d expect the Accies to progress to face whichever survive, but it all very much depends which team shows up. The Cup team could easily defeat any League One side…the last couple of League games team will get crushed.

I agree with this. I think we are good enough to beat all three but having to beat Airdrie and then Falkirk on top of the schedule we've had since the Cup Final would have been a huge ask. I also think, without being disrespectful, Alloa are quite clearly the weakest of the three L1 sides. If we can't beat them ovet two legs then, quite simply, we do not deserve to stay up.

Assuming, then, we do get by them, had you offered me at Christmas a 2 legged tie against Falkirk or Airdrie to stay in the Championship I'd have bitten your hand off.

The league campaign was a disaster for us this year, on and off the pitch, but that's not that important now.

Dunfermline and hopefully Falkirk to come up please. 

Falkirk carry a massive support (I'm reliably informed) oh and Dunfermline cos it was a pretty easy 12 points the last time they were up.

9 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Dunfermline and hopefully Falkirk to come up please. 

Falkirk carry a massive support (I'm reliably informed) oh and Dunfermline cos it was a pretty easy 12 points the last time they were up.

As an Arboath fan surely you'd prefer a basket case like Hamilton to stay up over a Falkirk side that would almost certainly finish above you next year?

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I agree with this. I think we are good enough to beat all three but having to beat Airdrie and then Falkirk on top of the schedule we've had since the Cup Final would have been a huge ask. I also think, without being disrespectful, Alloa are quite clearly the weakest of the three L1 sides. If we can't beat them ovet two legs then, quite simply, we do not deserve to stay up.

Assuming, then, we do get by them, had you offered me at Christmas a 2 legged tie against Falkirk or Airdrie to stay in the Championship I'd have bitten your hand off.

The league campaign was a disaster for us this year, on and off the pitch, but that's not that important now.

As I note elsewhere, much depends which of your teams shows up. If it’s the Cup Final team, then you may well survive…if it’s the recent League team, you’re f**ked, even facing Alloa.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As an Arboath fan surely you'd prefer a basket case like Hamilton to stay up over a Falkirk side that would almost certainly finish above you next year?

You think...

If I'm being honest I'd be quite pleased to see Hamilton head south, brought absolutely nothing to the table. 

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

You think...

If I'm being honest I'd be quite pleased to see Hamilton head south, brought absolutely nothing to the table. 

Ok, i'll bite. What, exactly, do Arbroath bring to the table that Hamilton don't?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As I note elsewhere, much depends which of your teams shows up. If it’s the Cup Final team, then you may well survive…if it’s the recent League team, you’re f**ked, even facing Alloa.

I'm going to assume you've not seen us in any game other than the final. How, exactly, would you know this then?

Airdrie vs. Falkirk will be a great two-legged affair. Alloa are no mugs but it's hard not to Accies have enough to get past them. I reckon Falkirk will make the final as I have this weird feeling this is the season they end their time in the 3rd tier (for now), but I also reckon if Airdrie go through they'll batter Accies.

In short, can't wait to sit back and enjoy seeing what happens. Worst case scenario, I get to laugh at two teams.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ok, i'll bite. What, exactly, do Arbroath bring to the table that Hamilton don't?

A decent board of directors,  1500 season tickets,  average home support of 2300, good travelling support,  spring to mind 

And an away day that fans actually enjoy 

Edited by DUAFC

9 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

A decent board of directors,  1500 season tickets,  average home support of 2300, good travelling support,  spring to mind 

And an away day that fans actually enjoy 

He's got you there Todd

6 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

good travelling support

Really? Based on your visits to Hamilton this season I'd say they are much of a muchness.

1500 season tickets

What does this bring to the rest of the league, though?

an away day that fans actually enjoy 

I like Gayfield. It's a terraced ground which, for me anyway, is much preferable to sitting. However, for your last 2 games, despite having no capacity issues, you didn't let away fans onto the terrace behind the goal, which dilutes this massively.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He's got you there Todd

Not convinced. Another season or two scrapping around the bottom of the Championship, winning little more than a half dozen games a season, and their support will go back to what it was just a few years ago.

As Hamilton know very well, when the relative success of a golden period dries up, those that came along for the ride drift away again.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Which means by default I shall be hoping Alloa can endeavour to return to the Championship. A pretty inoffensive club are Alloa. Rice seems like a good bloke and of course they played a large part in our winning of the league a few years ago. Yes, I think I’d like to see Alloa back up. 

A KFC and a big Asda right outside the ground. Also I had a thing for a white girl with dreadlocks from Alloa 20 years ago and found the keyring we got made literally yesterday.

52 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not convinced. Another season or two scrapping around the bottom of the Championship, winning little more than a half dozen games a season, and their support will go back to what it was just a few years ago.

As Hamilton know very well, when the relative success of a golden period dries up, those that came along for the ride drift away again.

Wow....powerful stuff, but then again you've got Colin  McGowan, we've got Mike Caird

Edited by DUAFC

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm going to assume you've not seen us in any game other than the final. How, exactly, would you know this then?

Watching your results and overall comments suggest as much. Opinions vary, much like other things, so yours is likely different.