The "take it to another thread" thread

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Speaking of being Ivo Den Beiman, I hope this thread can be a home for a certain unhinged north Ayrshire weirdos drunken abuse and red dot fetish.

Comment of the week nay decade nay of all time.

6 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Apparently given money to leave the ground.

Sincerely hope it does not work out badly for them.

That does not sound like good news. Where are they going to play? I was past today and noticed some international church or other seems to have moved in, is that anything to do with this? 

36 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

That does not sound like good news. Where are they going to play? I was past today and noticed some international church or other seems to have moved in, is that anything to do with this? 

That's the old Ashfield Social Club/ pub that has became the church. Must be one of the few places in the UK where that's happened. Usually the other way round.

Btw the relationship at Ashfield has went iffy since the dugs left last century.

Remember being at a friendly game at Ashfield a couple of summer's back when we half came out of lockdown and counting 28 people there at Saracen Park for a midweek friendly game. Take away the English groundhopper i chatted to  plus the few neutrals i recognised from other teams the entire Ashfield contingent was less than 20 people.

45 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

That's the old Ashfield Social Club/ pub that has became the church. Must be one of the few places in the UK where that's happened. Usually the other way round.

Btw the relationship at Ashfield has went iffy since the dugs left last century.

Remember being at a friendly game at Ashfield a couple of summer's back when we half came out of lockdown and counting 28 people there at Saracen Park for a midweek friendly game. Take away the English groundhopper i chatted to  plus the few neutrals i recognised from other teams the entire Ashfield contingent was less than 20 people.

That's not good mate. At the Div 4 games I attended lowest attendance was around the 50 mark. God love the organisers for sustaining the club with that small amount of interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Because I promised myself I wouldn't post on that New Clubs in West Thread. Been forced to come in here.

This is for @Arthurlie1981

You should be on a WOS Working Group coming up with thoughts and ideas about the general stewardship of the league.

A number of your posts are full of succinct, well thought out proposals that could have evaded this impasse we have below tier 10 and the smooth introduction of new clubs.

Why you wasting your talents talking to the likes of us p&b posters.

You can pm me and I'll give you my bank details to put my feet in. 😉😉

Its a great pro-active suggestion. Without being a doom monger and I know all the new teams moved or intending on progressing in the WOSFL are doing it for the right reasons. But some of them are going to pull out eventually of the next few years. Looks like there likely will always be teams wanting to replace them. 

There needs to be a clearly defined mechanism decided before that starts to happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank God I can go to a game tomorrow. Threads have been so mind numbingly boring recently I have found myself commenting on stuff I have no interest or knowledge in. Then when some poor soul replies  and I read back what I have posted I think what twat has written this pish. Has he had his brain removed. Apologies to those I have encased in my pathetic net recently. You know who you are. I will do my best to keep the idiot who lives inside my head well away from my typing finger for the foreseeable.

50 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Thank God I can go to a game tomorrow. Threads have been so mind numbingly boring recently I have found myself commenting on stuff I have no interest or knowledge in. Then when some poor soul replies  and I read back what I have posted I think what twat has written this pish. Has he had his brain removed. Apologies to those I have encased in my pathetic net recently. You know who you are. I will do my best to keep the idiot who lives inside my head well away from my typing finger for the foreseeable.

Pal, it's Pie and Bovril, you can post any old nonsense on here within reason, i personally think anyone who watches the level of football we do is up there with the men and boys that stand at the end of the platforms at Carlisle Station.

Not so bad at your end of the country but would you really want to be in some depressing ex mining village on a cold wet night in January with half the crowd wearing Sevco pyjamas underneath their fake blue ski jackets. That's the locals, fair enough, but how do you explain the men from Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Maryhill or the guy from Birmingham that works in IT and is is stuck in Premier Inn all week, all being there. How geeky are we that we end up knowing each other. The topic of conversation, where are you going tomorrow night, how about Friday? Saturday? Sunday afternoon? You ever been to Broxburn, seriously who talks like that?

Guess what.

We do.

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Pal, it's Pie and Bovril, you can post any old nonsense on here within reason, i personally think anyone who watches the level of football we do is up there with the men and boys that stand at the end of the platforms at Carlisle Station.

Not so bad at your end of the country but would you really want to be in some depressing ex mining village on a cold wet night in January with half the crowd wearing Sevco pyjamas underneath their fake blue ski jackets. That's the locals, fair enough, but how do you explain the men from Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Maryhill or the guy from Birmingham that works in IT and is is stuck in Premier Inn all week, all being there. How geeky are we that we end up knowing each other. The topic of conversation, where are you going tomorrow night, how about Friday? Saturday? Sunday afternoon? You ever been to Broxburn, seriously who talks like that?

Guess what.

We do.

I think I was starting to think what I was typing in some of the recent threads carried some gravitas and the world  needed to know my thoughts.

It was when I read them back I thought wtf are you doing. You neither care nor have an opinion on these topics, just shut up.

The football is time away from the daily grind where I can have a laugh and chat about the game and football in general. 

It's like you say my friend, not being attached to one club, gives the opportunity to step back and look at the fuller picture. I don't have that blinkered approach following one club, believing without recourse that I am always in the right. 

I could go on but one of the dogs is whining. He wakes the fecking rest up every morning then its feeding time at the zoo. Everyone moaning at me why aren't they first.

How the feck did a Schemie boy end up being some modern Fran fae Assisi wi all these animals.

I see WOSFL have managed to get another sponsor for the league - Huws Gray. Well done.

While South Challenge Cup is struggling for a sponsor and Lowland League will hoping Parks Motor Group don't renege in their sponsorship for this season after Rangers B pulled out. It does show that the WOSFL / even SJFA seem to be better at pulling in sponsors that is really hard for any lower league clubs / leagues.

1 minute ago, Shannon said:

I see WOSFL have managed to get another sponsor for the league - Huws Gray. Well done.

While South Challenge Cup is struggling for a sponsor and Lowland League will hoping Parks Motor Group don't renege in their sponsorship for this season after Rangers B pulled out. It does show that the WOSFL / even SJFA seem to be better at pulling in sponsors that is really hard for any lower league clubs / leagues.

Not a new sponsor. They just bought out PDM buildbase. 

You would have to ask if there's been a renewed deal or not. 

As for the SJFA as far as I'm aware they & the SCC are starting the season without sponsors again.