Aberdeen v St Mirren

We were pish last night and got exactrly what we deserved.

The Small tackle was an absolute shocker. I was amazed the ref didn;t produce a red straight away TBH. Hopefully Miovski isn't as badly hurt as it appeared.

Aside from the shite result and shite performance, I am enjoying the salty, salty tears from the bottom six - or indeed lower league - jobbies.

3 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

We were pish last night and got exactrly what we deserved.

The Small tackle was an absolute shocker. I was amazed the ref didn;t produce a red straight away TBH. Hopefully Miovski isn't as badly hurt as it appeared.

Aside from the shite result and shite performance, I am enjoying the salty, salty tears from the bottom six - or indeed lower league - jobbies.

My initial reaction to the tackle was yellow tbh, but the replays are horrid. 

Dare I say that was a win for VAR last night. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

My initial reaction to the tackle was yellow tbh, but the replays are horrid. 

Dare I say that was a win for VAR last night. 

I will say that I'm not convinced Small has went in with the intention to hurt Miovski - but it was a shocking tackle and my initial reaction to it was that it was a red card.

I initially thought Small had lunged in and stamped down on the inner poart of Miovski's foot, but the replay shows that it was even higher than that. It seemed to be on the ankle or perhaps just above the ankle, which is obviously far more dangerous and put the player at much higher risk of serious injury.

Has there been any word on Miovski's status. I'd be amazed if that's not at the very least torn ankle ligaments.

I like Small and see a lot of potential in him - but the boy is fucking stupid. He was booked twice in 15 seconds at home to Killie and now this. He needs a proper stern talking to from the manager. It's not good enough.

10 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I will say that I'm not convinced Small has went in with the intention to hurt Miovski - but it was a shocking tackle and my initial reaction to it was that it was a red card.

I initially thought Small had lunged in and stamped down on the inner poart of Miovski's foot, but the replay shows that it was even higher than that. It seemed to be on the ankle or perhaps just above the ankle, which is obviously far more dangerous and put the player at much higher risk of serious injury.

Has there been any word on Miovski's status. I'd be amazed if that's not at the very least torn ankle ligaments.

I like Small and see a lot of potential in him - but the boy is fucking stupid. He was booked twice in 15 seconds at home to Killie and now this. He needs a proper stern talking to from the manager. It's not good enough.

I didn’t think there was intent either. Just badly timed and out of control. Can’t say I’ve seen lots of him but he seems to have a bit about him. 

ETA nothing broken with miovski but suspected ligament damage, extent not yet known. 

Edited by Dons_1988

I’ve openly said that as far as I’m concerned, Small can leave and we can find a replacement who isn’t going to cost his team-mates and his club through his own sheer stupidity. I won’t be hypocritical and backtrack on that. Young or not, his two-booking sending off followed by last night has him finished with us in my book. Others may disagree, which is absolutely fine. Hope the Sevco leap in and we’ll take care of them next season when they go down to ten… just don’t go down to nine please.

I like Small. There is a player in there but he is a liability with his recklessness. 

You would think he would have learned from his sending off at Killie. 

The tackle on Miovski was a shocker. I don't think he meant it but ffs you can't dive in like that. 

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen are trying to get Clarkson permanently as he only has 1 year left on his contract. Liverpool don't wish to keep him. Levitt (on loan from Manchester Utd/Wales Int.) signed for Dundee Utd for 300k after a loan spell and similar circumstances. Should Celtic win the Scottish cup I wouldn't be surprised to see us push the boat out for him. Scales and Shinnie too.

Pollock is definitely leaving from the sound of things however Robson has indicated he wants Jay Idezs as his replacement (survived relegation with Go Ahead Eagles). 

I see Nicky Delvin set up a goal last night for Livi. I think he'll be a good signing for us.

Last night was vintage Nicky Devlin, if you get a chance to watch the goal you'll see the best he can bring. He ended the game playing at RW as well to be fair, so got the chance to stay up the top end of the pitch