23-24 Season Ticket and PATG Prices

16 hours ago, 101 said:

You just keep battling with an ice hockey team to be number 1 in your town and being run by a dubious business man rather than trying to give acumen advice.

Quick buck or good atmosphere? I would suggest you will struggle to maximize your home support with such a pricing structure.

But it does feel like going into a debate that's nearly a month old.

Wait till you see the Dundee United PATG prices…likely to be £30.

• 2 weeks later...

So we have all the season ticket prices in...the following are Adult ST (in best stand) and PATG (same)

Dundee United           £500 & £??           Best guess for PATG, about £33-34 if consistent...minimum of £30 seems likely

ICT                                 £396 & £??           Best guess for PATG, about £26-27 if consistent...£26 seems likely, especially if they keep the discount

Dunfermline                £345 & £23          ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Partick                          £330 & £22           ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Morton                          £320 & £22           ST saves 3.5 PATG tickets, 20% savings

Raith                             £315 & £22/24*     ST saves 3.8 PATG tickets, 22% savings   *DU & Pars

Ayr                                 £300 & £22           ST saves 4.4 PATG tickets, 24% savings

Airdrie                           £300 & £20           ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Queen's Park               £280 & £??            Best guess for PATG, about £19-21 if consistent...I'd bet £20

Arbroath                      £260 & £23           ST saves 6.7 PATG tickets, 37% savings

Edited by TxRover

I don't get the clubs that tell you what a ST will cost without giving you the PATG price otherwise how will you know what you are saving. No other season ticket in any other setting would be sold like that. As for £500 for a championship ticket that is wild.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

So we have all the season ticket prices in...the following are Adult ST (in best stand) and PATG (same)

Dundee United           £500 & £??           Best guess for PATG, about £33-34 if consistent...minimum of £30 seems likely

ICT                                 £396 & £??           Best guess for PATG, about £26-27 if consistent...£26 seems likely, especially if they keep the discount

Crazy pricing, particularly DU!

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Crazy pricing, particularly DU!

5 hours ago, 101 said:

I don't get the clubs that tell you what a ST will cost without giving you the PATG price otherwise how will you know what you are saving. No other season ticket in any other setting would be sold like that. As for £500 for a championship ticket that is wild.

At DU, it’s crazy even for the renewal and early bird. Again with the highest price ST…£440/£470/£500 was how their offers increased. They say that the best ST savings now, full price, is £83. If we assume that’s a 15% savings, that implies around £31.50 PATG for the best ticket.

The shocker to me is ICT, with £330 Adult North Stand their cheapest option, and £396 their Adult Main Stand price.

On the other hand, Arbroath is offering a very good price for ST holders. Their £240 GA Terrace ST is serious value and the £285 GA ST for terrace with two U-12 children is an outstanding value for families.

Once we see the PATG prices in full, we’ll know better, but DU is either pissing on new ST buyers or about to absolutely shock PATG patrons.

I don’t see how ICT PATG can go any lower than £24/22 (£2 discount up till 3 hours before kick), even allowing for the away sales being accommodation similar to their North Stand (£330) ST. If they sell at that £24/22 price point, they can tell their fans that they are either saving three game tickets or getting Main Stand for North Stand prices. But that also implies their PATG Main Stand option would be £27/25 or £28/26 to preserve the ST relative discounts there.

Just now, TxRover said:

At DU, it’s crazy even for the renewal and early bird. Again with the highest price ST…£440/£470/£500 was how their offers increased. They say that the best ST savings now, full price, is £83. If we assume that’s a 15% savings, that implies around £31.50 PATG for the best ticket.

The shocker to me is ICT, with £330 Adult North Stand their cheapest option, and £396 their Adult Main Stand price.

On the other hand, Arbroath is offering a very good price for ST holders. Their £240 GA Terrace ST is serious value and the £285 GA ST for terrace with two U-12 children is an outstanding value for families.

Once we see the PATG prices in full, we’ll know better, but DU is either pissing on new ST buyers or about to absolutely shock PATG patrons.

I don’t see how ICT PATG can go any lower than £24/22 (£2 discount up till 3 hours before kick), even allowing for the away sales being accommodation similar to their North Stand (£330) ST. If they sell at that £24/22 price point, they can tell their fans that they are either saving three game tickets or getting Main Stand for North Stand prices. But that also implies their PATG Main Stand option would be £27/25 or £28/26 to preserve the ST relative discounts there.

When you start getting up to £30 odds for away fans to PATG it's surely going to have a seriously detrimental effect on the number of people willing to pay. I just took a cursory look at the cost of a train ticket from Airdrie to Dundee and it's over £40. So in excess of £70 and without counting food, drinks etc. No ta

Whereas, if I want to go to thistle it's only £26/7 including the train. 

26 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

When you start getting up to £30 odds for away fans to PATG it's surely going to have a seriously detrimental effect on the number of people willing to pay. I just took a cursory look at the cost of a train ticket from Airdrie to Dundee and it's over £40. So in excess of £70 and without counting food, drinks etc. No ta

Whereas, if I want to go to thistle it's only £26/7 including the train. 

They’ve moved over 5,000 season tickets, they honestly don’t care. If you figure an average around £300 per ST because of discounted ones and renewals, that’s £1.5M. If they get even a £25 average PATG, with say 400 away fans and 800 home fans that can’t justify ST, that’s another £540,000. They’re looking at £2M+ in ticket revenue from this season.

Compare that to Arbroath, who just celebrated 800 ST, let’s say an optimistic average of £200 per ticket, that’s £160,000. With an average attendance perhaps increasing a wee bit to say 2,800, and assuming an average ticket sales price of say £16, that’s another £576,000, so not even 40% of DU’s gate revenue. And that’s revenue over the season, DU just got most of the £1.5M handed to them before the season even starts.

It looks like our prices are in for a big increase this season. To be fair to the club I think they have held the prices relatively low for a season or two now so when they did increase the prices they were always going to be pretty chunky.

Regardless, £24 / £25 for a second tier game? Ooooft.

Edited by RiG

Still awaiting PATG for DU, ICT, Queen’s Park and Arbroath…if anyone sees those, please post them.

Edit: Arbroath £21 for the Terrace Adult, Seats sold out, anyone know the price?

Edited by TxRover

21 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

Added in, that’s a 37% savings for a ST at Arbroath, followed by what will likely be at best tied third* highest PATG in the league (fourth if you plug in the Raith premium for DU and Pars).

8 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Looks like Dundee United are charging £27! https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/tickets/away-club-online-ticket-hub

Yep, £27 Adult Fair Play Stand, £26 with Restricted View (mainly front 2 rows).

I’m shocked how badly they are treating their ST holders with decent seats. £27 x 18 = £486, so compared to the similar ST, it’s just a £26 savings over the season. Now, early renewals could be as low as £339, which is good, but still.

Adding DU and ICT PATG in...the following are Adult ST (in best stand) and PATG (same)

Dundee United           £500 & £27          ST costs £14, 3% additional cost

ICT                                 £396 & £22/20    ST saves £0, no savings

Dunfermline                £345 & £23          ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Partick                          £330 & £22           ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Morton                          £320 & £22           ST saves 3.5 PATG tickets, 20% savings

Raith                             £315 & £22/24*     ST saves 3.8 PATG tickets, 22% savings   *DU & Pars

Ayr                                 £300 & £22           ST saves 4.4 PATG tickets, 24% savings

Airdrie                           £300 & £20           ST saves 3 PATG tickets, 17% savings

Queen's Park               £280 & £??            Best guess for PATG, about £19-21 if consistent...I'd bet £20

Arbroath                      £260 & £23           ST saves 6.7 PATG tickets, 37% savings

Dundee United's pricing structure has been drawn up by a complete moron. Can't see too many away fans turning out unless they have form like last season and then it might be good value for money.

I had planned going to the Utd Pars game, but am seriously reconsidering now. 
It would have been one of their largest visiting supports of the season but I am sure many feel the same way as I do. £27 is too much for the top flight, never mind the championship.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:34, Dunfermline Don said:

I had planned going to the Utd Pars game, but am seriously reconsidering now. 
It would have been one of their largest visiting supports of the season but I am sure many feel the same way as I do. £27 is too much for the top flight, never mind the championship.

This is the upcoming issue, ticket prices aren’t really that far out of line, but they feel that way. Breaching the £20 mark for the Championship has been coming, but Dundee United should certainly have tried to keep it £25 (or less) if they wanted any away crowds. Last year their base price was £26-28 in the Premiership!

Some of the mild sting of the Raith tiered pricing (£22 Base +£2 for Pars and DU) for some Away fans is taken away by the Pars and Arbroath setting their top (mainly Home) prices at £23, [but most Away fans will pay £21] but for DU to just put their prices £3 to £4 above everyone else reeks of entitlement (or a desperate need for money from their ST holders, as lower Away prices would drive those ST prices down).

On a fun note, at least Falkirk are at a £20 Away ticket in League One this year.

Edited by TxRover