23-24 Season Ticket and PATG Prices

9 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I had planned going to the Utd Pars game, but am seriously reconsidering now. 
It would have been one of their largest visiting supports of the season but I am sure many feel the same way as I do. £27 is too much for the top flight, never mind the championship.

Anyone who pays £27 to watch their team play Dundee United in the second tier of Scottish football is agreeing that it's an acceptable price for a ticket.

Don't go.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Anyone who pays £27 to watch their team play Dundee United in the second tier of Scottish football is agreeing that it's an acceptable price for a ticket.

Don't go.

Exactly this. An absolutely disgraceful amount of money to be charging. 

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Only folk paying £23 will be the sweetie rustlers in the Main Stand. Norrie, North West and away support will all be £21.

I just kept it simple, and if it was not clear there are multiple tiers, I simple quoted the highest. Regardless, it's pretty wild how much the prices have increased the last few years. it looks like $25 is the lowest Premiership PATG, so its coming.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

This is the upcoming issue, ticket prices aren’t really that far out of line, but they feel that way. Breaching the £20 mark for the Championship has been coming, but Dundee United should certainly have tried to keep it £25 (or less) if they wanted any away crowds. Last year their base price was £26-28 in the Premiership!

Some of the mild sting of the Raith tiered pricing (£22 Base +£2 for Pars and DU) for some Away fans is taken away by the Pars and Arbroath setting their prices at £23

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

I just kept it simple, and if it was not clear there are multiple tiers, I simple quoted the highest. Regardless, it's pretty wild how much the prices have increased the last few years. it looks like $25 is the lowest Premiership PATG, so its coming.

You're not keeping it simple though? You replied to a post with regards to how much away fans will pay at Tannadice, with an incorrect figure for how much they'd pay at EEP. If you're quoting the highest price why not go all out and say how much a hospitality box is at each ground? 

Or, you can keep it simple and just say how much away fans will pay at each ground. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes, "simple" does seem appropriate tbf. If you did literally any research whatsoever then it's perfectly clear how much away fans will be getting charged at EEP this season.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't go.

They're banking on clowns like me having a moan about it then going anyway, and plenty of people will do exactly that. I don't think it's a remotely acceptable price but we've not played at Tannadice in over 20 years, so as much as I think £27 is ridiculous I'll probably pay it (once). 

From what I can see on here that's their most expensive matchday price so is there any chance the away section could be slightly less?

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

They're banking on clowns like me having a moan about it then going anyway, and plenty of people will do exactly that. I don't think it's a remotely acceptable price but we've not played at Tannadice in over 20 years, so as much as I think £27 is ridiculous I'll probably pay it (once). 

From what I can see on here that's their most expensive matchday price so is there any chance the away section could be slightly less?

Yeah I’m the same, I’ve never been so it’s a ground I need to tick off the list. Not going back after that though.

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't go.

That's it in a nutshell.

Clubs will only do what fans let them away with. I know it's harder in football because you can't just take your business elsewhere, you want to watch your team and therefore feel like you have no choice but to pay it. I was quite looking forward to going to Tannadice having not been there in a long time, but I won't be going at that price. If fans are serious about dealing with ticket prices then they will need to make some level of sacrifice by not going to grounds which are overcharging. It is the only thing that will make any difference. You can be sure that if Tannadice still get decent away supports this season other clubs will be looking at it and gradually be putting up their prices next season and beyond, knowing that they can get away with it.

Paying to get in and then getting banners out is idiotic, it only serves to show the club that even when you don't like it you'll still suck it up and pay anyway.

While I completely agree with the above, I don't think attendance of away fans either way will shift Dundee United's owners. They've already shown more than enough evidence that they're completely detached from reality. 

7 hours ago, HoBNob said:

You're not keeping it simple though? You replied to a post with regards to how much away fans will pay at Tannadice, with an incorrect figure for how much they'd pay at EEP. If you're quoting the highest price why not go all out and say how much a hospitality box is at each ground? 

Or, you can keep it simple and just say how much away fans will pay at each ground. 

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yes, "simple" does seem appropriate tbf. If you did literally any research whatsoever then it's perfectly clear how much away fans will be getting charged at EEP this season.

Away fans (some) are paying £23 at EEP. If you want to clarify, then Poet’s post was ideal. ICT got listed with two because it was easily seen that two levels of cost were specified, for the EEP it wasn’t nearly as evident. Sorry if that offends, posts always welcome correcting this…I’ll add a * for you. As for research, if teams wouldn’t make pricing rather difficult to determine…

Edited by TxRover

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

While I completely agree with the above, I don't think attendance of away fans either way will shift Dundee United's owners. They've already shown more than enough evidence that they're completely detached from reality. 

How much more detached are the Home fans who might pay for a ST at a rate that’s higher than PATG for all 18 games in the hopes of a discount in future years? I’d love to know how many of the £500 ST’s they sold…but even as it is, they’ve shifted over 5,000 ST. While most of this will be at the massively lower Early Bird or Renewal rates, it’s still £19 a game at the cheapest ST rate, and the majority will have been the £21+ ST’s that offer a “massive” savings of up to 11% off PATG (less than 2 games).

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Only folk paying £23 will be the sweetie rustlers in the Main Stand. Norrie, North West and away support will all be £21.

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

No, they're not. 

OK, can you two please fight it out.

I checked my top line post, which is edited with details…it clearly spells out the two options for Away fans (£23/21), which I had updated well before either of you two took umbrage. Again, if you want it listed differently, feel free. I just try to have some info up about what’s being charged according to team news releases or ticket sites.

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I checked my top line post, which is edited with details…it clearly spells out the two options for Away fans (£23/21), which I had updated well before either of you two took umbrage. Again, if you want it listed differently, feel free. I just try to have some info up about what’s being charged according to team news releases or ticket sites.

Adult away fans will only pay £23 if they wish to sit in the centre of the home main stand with a padded seat.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Adult away fans will only pay £23 if they wish to sit in the centre of the home main stand with a padded seat.

Either that or stand and beg a nearby steward to take £2 from them before they enter the away end, both ridiculous options that no one is going to take.

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Poet says "away support will all be £21". Why would we fight it out? 

For an away fan to pay £23 you'd have to sit in the home end. Why would any away fan be doing that? 

If it clearly spells that out, it's wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kooz92 said:

Are they no both saying the same thing? Poet and HoBNob are both stating Away fans will only pay £21 at EEP 😂

No…

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Yes

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Poet says "away support will all be £21". Why would we fight it out? 

For an away fan to pay £23 you'd have to sit in the home end. Why would any away fan be doing that? 

If it clearly spells that out, it's wrong. 

I never stated PATG prices were Away support only. In fact, as I use the PATG prices to calculate values for ST’s just above that post, it’s pretty clear why I’m using it, AND also listing the £21 price as an option.

You don’t like the post, fine…post a correction, but please don’t make it out like I’m somehow deliberately misrepresenting things when both options were clearly conveyed in the edited top summary post. I’m simply trying to gather data from all over in one place.