LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

I thought Linlithgow were the better team on the night. Ref was, as the old adage goes, "a homer". His decision making all night favoured EK. Yellow cards for Linlithgow players that shouldn't have been given and no yellow / red cards to EK players that should have been given. I also thought the foul on Doc was worthy of a red. On another night, EK could have been down to 9 men, no problem.

Couldn't believe the penalty - he did the exact same las Saturday and was lucky to get away with it. The EK keeper would almost certainly have watched the highlights and knew what to expect. 

Disappointing night, but showed Linlithgow are more than just making up the numbers in this league.

Totally agree Linlithgow a top side. Yes we got more out of the game than we might have. That's the point, we did. 

Were quite a few tasty challenges on both sides,  on and off the ball, so maybe ease  up on the " we was robbed" stuff. Didn't see many angels on the park and the game so much better for it.

Like game at yours, proper competitive stuff, Lowland League at it's best. No wonder League 2 sides c####g themselves. 

Last word , on the possible red card by Tapping on Patterson? right in front of main stand. Absolute full on lunge, most times a red card all day long.  But Tapping so far off the pace, he hardly touched your boy. He got lucky and fair play to your lad, didn't  milk it, total respect. 

35 minutes ago, ekok said:

Totally agree Linlithgow a top side. Yes we got more out of the game than we might have. That's the point, we did. 

Were quite a few tasty challenges on both sides,  on and off the ball, so maybe ease  up on the " we was robbed" stuff. Didn't see many angels on the park and the game so much better for it.

Like game at yours, proper competitive stuff, Lowland League at it's best. No wonder League 2 sides c####g themselves. 

Last word , on the possible red card by Tapping on Patterson? right in front of main stand. Absolute full on lunge, most times a red card all day long.  But Tapping so far off the pace, he hardly touched your boy. He got lucky and fair play to your lad, didn't  milk it, total respect. 

Just because the player didn't milk it, it was still a red - ref bottled that as well as various other incidents.. Ref and stand side assistant were both poor all night and definitely favoured EK. Offside goal, wasn't offside, elbow and punch off the ball not seen, or more likely just ignored - find it hard to believe none of the officials saw those incidents. There could have been 3 EK reds last night. 

21 minutes ago, justinjest said:

Just because the player didn't milk it, it was still a red - ref bottled that as well as various other incidents.. Ref and stand side assistant were both poor all night and definitely favoured EK. Offside goal, wasn't offside, elbow and punch off the ball not seen, or more likely just ignored - find it hard to believe none of the officials saw those incidents. There could have been 3 EK reds last night. 

OK just keep going , clearly game should have been abandoned with EK not having 7 players on pitch.  Totally deluded if you only see what you want to see.

20 minutes ago, ekok said:

OK just keep going , clearly game should have been abandoned with EK not having 7 players on pitch.  Totally deluded if you only see what you want to see.

So are you saying the other posters are making it up and all the incidents referred to didn't happen?

No what I am saying is what I saw. Had a fantastic view of possible red card for Tapping.  Ref got absolutely correct with yellow card. In EK half so even  Messi  couldn't have claimed  clear goalscoring opportunity.  The law also talks about serious foul play or violent conduct.  He hardly touched him, say again he hardly touched him. He might have caught him a bad one, he might have injured him. Thankfully neither. Yellow card, move on

3 hours ago, ekok said:

No what I am saying is what I saw. Had a fantastic view of possible red card for Tapping.  Ref got absolutely correct with yellow card. In EK half so even  Messi  couldn't have claimed  clear goalscoring opportunity.  The law also talks about serious foul play or violent conduct.  He hardly touched him, say again he hardly touched him. He might have caught him a bad one, he might have injured him. Thankfully neither. Yellow card, move on

And the elbow and the punch - assume they hardly touched them and only a yellow, except not even a yellow 

Got any opinion on those, or are you the same as the officials, " nothing to see here, move along"?

If EK had been on the receiving end of those 3 incidents you would have a very different opinion.

You got very lucky, you know it, I know it, hands up, you got away with it.

On 19/10/2023 at 07:32, FuzzyBear said:

Played well but 2 questionable decisions - disallowed goal and elbow on Calum and 1 dreadful decision - no.18 punching Dylan all went against us.

Strange rule that Calum has to leave field due to blood yet we don't even get  a foul and don't get me started in main staind asst ref. 

The disallowed goal was a disgrace. I just watched it on EKS highlights. At that point yous would be 2 up and its a different game

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Genuine question for the Rose fans.   How are you finding life in the Lowland League ?

Been good so far. Only 1 team have been much better than us - Broomhill. The 2 negatives are lack of away supports so far and an injury list that is still 5 or 6 but has been as high as 11. Would like to see how we do when at full strength.

32 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Are the number of injuries a run of bad luck or recruitment of players with a record of being injury prone ?

Mostly guys who were there last season - McPherson, Gillespie, Thom, Allison, Ogilvie and Baxter.

McKirdy was signed and has never looked fit.