Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

On 26/08/2023 at 17:21, Deanburn Dave said:

Ended 0-3 and no complaints about the result from me. Better team won.

Gemmell early yellow card. ...Michael's immediate apology and body language indicated to me that the card was merited.

The BU attack......we just never seemed to get any breaks of the ball today.  That is how it goes sometimes.

Stevenson penalty.....nobody else wanted to take the responsibility so for me the Ryan haters can GTF.

McArthur mistakes .....he is not as good as he thinks he is.  Safety First Lewis ....just clear the ball.

Today was a reality check. On our day we can get a result but today was not one of those days.

We were too pedestrian all over the pitch maybe a hangover from Wednesday when we worked hard to get nothing - that’s fitba’.

Would have been preferable to have had Kennedy & Mooney on from the start maybe would have kept their back four busy.

On the penalty taker surely the onus is on the Captain to sort it out when Ryan apparently looked none too keen. Tom Grant would have been my choice. 
A learning curve for Hunts and co

Edited by boheesian

I thought boness were trying to hard to walk it in no cutting edge.

felt when mooney & kennedy came on made a difference however we stopped using them and went long, direct to porty which killed the wingers game. 

Gutted for Ryan gives his all he told them he didnt want it but was told to take it thats when a captain or expirenced head steps up and says okay stand back. Ours hid. 

porty didnt have a great game tbh he missed 2 chances 1 in 1st half & 2nd in 2nd half straight at keepers legs when far post was gaping….. not acceptable imo. 

a bump in the road but thats football it happens!!! Sometimes u just need the luck. 

Celtic B game being cancelled was announced on the PA at the last game.    

No doubt due to the Colts having other commitments.  Between their lack of commitment and Hearts B home games being on a Friday there should be no argument that they should get booted out the LL at the end of this season.

1-0 at halftime.  Boo.

The BU's had an early chance around 10 mins when a shot hit the underside of the bar and somehow it stayed out.  After that the strollers had the majority of the better chances.  Scoreline is fair given the chances/possession.

BU are looking dodgy all over the park. None of the units are looking comfortable.  Hunter has his work cut out getting them to improve in the second half.