Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

14 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Wonder if Ryan will get a crowd figure today from the bu. Or stick to the tax dodging.

Does your carer know ur on the laptop at this time of night? What a stupid unnecessary antagonising comment to make. I thought personally it was good to see the crowd from both sets and hopefully we see the same again on Saturday 

Edited by NewtonBU

Took the game in with my son this afternoon, and although not great, it was an enjoyable watch.

I thought a draw was fair, but Cammy Bonnie had 2 excellent saves in the First Half, so on another day Bo’ness probably could have bagged the 3 points in the First Half.

Sending Off, would have to see it again but the view I had of it, Big Rusty has totally played for it and got a fellow semi-pro sent off, which is never good to see. If from another angle, you can see a punch thrown then fair enough but the view I had, I would be surprised if I missed that. I thought Rusty was lucky to stay on the park, the persistent fouling whilst already on a Yellow, was crazy. I though Michael Gemmell was the same, every team needs a Gemmell and he plays the role really well, but must have cause over 10 fouls before being subbed.

This was the second time I have seen Bo’ness this season, and first of seeing Linlithgow, I thought Bo’ness were very organised and had a structure that is hard to play against but totally agreed , the subs were baffling. You could see what the plan was with Rusty and Daziel up front but without the width, it’s not really going to work. I thought Stenhouse and Kennedy were doing well

Would agree with Lennon being MOTM, he’s not someone I know but he stood out as did the boy Calum Rae, especially in the First Half. I thought Connor McMullen was also excellent and took a couple of sore ones in the process.

Will definitely be back along to see both teams before the end of the season, was delighted to see such a big crowd, but as has been said, no place to get hot drinks was poor planning on the clubs part.

I sneaked in to see the second half (was taking some drone photos of the game in the first half, some of you might have noticed it flying about). Quite enjoyed being out at a game with a decent crowd, even though it was a pretty dull game to watch in the main. The Linlithgow right back (I asume he went there after the sending off, but I hadn't seen the first half) seemed to be struggling but it was weird that Bo'ness never really managed to get at him down that wing. Their own right-back had some nice touches when he managed to get up on the other side but they just never seemed to threaten enough and Linlithgow certainly did enough to deserve a point with 10 men.

Plenty moaning at the ref but I thought he handled most of it pretty well.

The BU goalie and back 6 played near the levels I would expect and Louis Kennedy played OK.  It was Foster, Stenhouse and McLean who were well below par today. 

........and the substitutions just didn't work. I have to assume Stuart Hunter thought by putting on Dalziel and it would force Linlithgow to sit deep and defend.  It didn't and it looked at times we were a man short.

It was good to see that Bo'ness Athletic are at least trying to make some changes towards the Falkirk and District stadium after years of neglect from the previous tenants.

A very poor game overall ruined by the ref needing to consult Gemmell on every decision - but did well when Gemmell went off and left him in sole charge.

The big 9 from the Beggars looked like his last role was a nativity play which he was the donkey.

Lennon was the stand out performance from an otherwise dull game.

Hopefully Saturday will serve up a better match.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

It was good to see that Bo'ness Athletic are at least trying to make some changes towards the Falkirk and District stadium after years of neglect from the previous tenants.

A very poor game overall ruined by the ref needing to consult Gemmell on every decision - but did well when Gemmell went off and left him in sole charge.

The big 9 from the Beggars looked like his last role was a nativity play which he was the donkey.

4 goals in 2 1/2 games shite eh 

10 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

No even any new type one on the steps. That job must have been left to the bu as tenants of athletic to get on with.