Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

If that appearance from Mitchell was anything to go by we're in for a treat, he has everything to be the 20 goal striker the team needs.

Ruddy less than convincing today but plenty time to get used to the team yet.

Great to see the young lads getting on.

Hope we can continue this run of form, no reason why we shouldn't be targeting second and setting a marker for next season.

2 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

If that appearance from Mitchell was anything to go by we're in for a treat, he has everything to be the 20 goal striker the team needs.

Ruddy less than convincing today but plenty time to get used to the team yet.

Great to see the young lads getting on.

Hope we can continue this run of form, no reason why we shouldn't be targeting second and setting a marker for next season.

Patchy performance today but 3pts just the same. Missing Stenhouse, McAulay, Rutherford, plus Johnston (tonsilitis) Gemmell (suspended). On the Plus side the the return of Keiran Mitchell the consistency of Irving, Kennedy & Travis plus the return to action of Jamie Hamilton who  turned out for the U/20’s in his first game since an ACL injury last January - best wishes.

Edited by boheesian

Kieran Mitchell comes on and on the BU's first attack he firstly stops running to find himself in space, the ball doesn't come to him so he sprints in front of the defender into space.  Again the ball doesn't come so he goes tight against the defender......only to drift 10 yards behind him into space and to get the ball.

Some strikers only come alive when they get the ball but the good ones work hard to stretch defences.

Not the best performance but 3points is 3 points. If I’m honest I was a bit disappointed in the attendance today. I know we weren’t expecting a travelling support but there seemed to be more space than usual today. Anyone any idea why that would be. 

Agree with you that the attendance was poor today.  Good performances and good results will hopefully attract new fans.  

Getting the next generation of fans into New town Park is far more important than getting the old ones who have drifted away to return.

1 hour ago, Bu bri said:

Not the best performance but 3points is 3 points. If I’m honest I was a bit disappointed in the attendance today. I know we weren’t expecting a travelling support but there seemed to be more space than usual today. Anyone any idea why that would be. 

I suppose it didn’t look like a glamour match. But fair play to Edinburgh Uni for the effort they put in.

You can take a horse to water but can not make it drink the support will come back giving time if the team keeps playing the way news will get round time will tell hard game next week 3points will be good hopefully some of the player will be fit come on bu

The team have had a lot of credit recently and rightly so, but today we never laid a glove on Celtic, didn’t win a second ball all game and generally didn’t compete. Hopefully just a blip but we’ve got a number of  difficult away games coming up, so we need to do improve on today’s performance