Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Are you on the same page Celtic b are full time and should not be in this league when Celtic are playing in Europe the b team play the under 20 of that club and put out a lesser team it all depends when you play them it was only 3.  1 not a disaster it's one game we have faith in the management 

Dolly and Blue 8 take a different view on the match but both make points I can agree with.

Celtic B are fit as a butchers dog.  Their style of play is first touch control it, second touch pass it and move into space......all done at pace.    Its hard for part time players to match that.

BUT.........the BU's were careless with the ball.    .........and why oh why did we keep punting long balls to see who would win a foot race between Fin and the Celtic defenders.  (Spoiler- Fin lost)

Let's talk about the Elephant in the room.

Jack Ruddy does not appear to be anywhere near as good a keeper as Musa. 

I understand that Musa has been dropped because he hasn't signed on for next season but neither I believe has Lewis McArthur.

Musa is getting paid for the season and I want to see the best BU players every week.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Dolly and Blue 8 take a different view on the match but both make points I can agree with.

Celtic B are fit as a butchers dog.  Their style of play is first touch control it, second touch pass it and move into space......all done at pace.    Its hard for part time players to match that.

BUT.........the BU's were careless with the ball.    .........and why oh why did we keep punting long balls to see who would win a foot race between Fin and the Celtic defenders.  (Spoiler- Fin lost)

Nobody was criticising the management, the very opposite, they’ve done a great job. The point I was trying to make was that we have most of the top teams still to play away from home and today we didn’t compete. The points that blue 8 makes about full time training and fitness is true but it was also true when we beat them earlier in the season. We’ve also done really well against the big spenders, EK, Tranent etc. so we’ve shown we can compete, 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Let's talk about the Elephant in the room.

Jack Ruddy does not appear to be anywhere near as good a keeper as Musa. 

I understand that Musa has been dropped because he hasn't signed on for next season but neither I believe has Lewis McArthur.

Musa is getting paid for the season and I want to see the best BU players every week.

Jack Ruddy according to Wikipedia has played 45 games, been at 16 clubs on loan at 4 of them. Not a lot of game time in a 10 year career. We need Musa to be playing. 

I didn’t make today but although today is a disappointing result it’s not important in the big picture. We have improved since last season and to finish top four for me would be good for the manager. Next season is hopefully going to be the next step for us try and challenge for the top. Won’t be easy plenty of clubs thinking same as us but Hunts and his team have given us hope . We certainly won’t be near the bottom 

This discussion bares out what I have said before that this is a farce of a league, These so called B teams just field whatever suits them on the day or cancel a game when it doesn't suit them as I understand Celtic did with the game played on Saturday,

What I cant understand is Clubs voting for their inclusion, until this is changed it will always be an unfair league.

Evening all. I'm interviewing Stuart Hunter on Wednesday for my podcast and wondered if there was anything you wanted to ask him as supporters? If there is anything as well you'd like to share which would enhance the show I'm all ears. Happy to share it afterwards if you are interested.

2 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all. I'm interviewing Stuart Hunter on Wednesday for my podcast and wondered if there was anything you wanted to ask him as supporters? If there is anything as well you'd like to share which would enhance the show I'm all ears. Happy to share it afterwards if you are interested.

I wonder if he can explain what’s happening with Musa?

14 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Ask if the rumours are true and  he’s a candidate for the Liverpool job 

14 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

What’s your podcast called bud ?