Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Several good performances today by the boys in blue against a decent Broomhill team. I thought defensively we were very solid......not just the back 4 but the whole team.  Going forward we showed pace and determination.  Thought it was a really enjoyable watch.    MOTM was Macaulay for me but there were several contenders which is a nice situation to be in.

Thought BU were comfortable but a tad pedestrian the first half. The one real piece of fast play led to a well worked goal. 

Second half right across the team BU upped the pace significantly and played some really good football. We are still a far better side when Michael Gemmell starts and bosses the midfield. 

McCauley and Johnston the two stand outs for me but a very good team performance across the whole team. Porteous had another fairly quiet game though. 

On 28/09/2023 at 17:22, boheesian said:

Keir is without doubt one of the best left backs in the league. Irving showed a bit of quality as a centre half on Saturday. My priority would be an attacking Midfielder.

And, in Berwick's fire sale, you've just signed centre-half Michael Travis. 

Now it’s who to play at centre back when all available .

Hawkins has been a new player this season , excellent so far .

McArthur has taken the step up from Camelon in his stride and looks a really good player now .

Irving has proved more than capable as a deputy .

Travis looks a good signing and hopefully does well .

A good dilemma for the manager to have now and of course all can play full back .

Goals on twitter, Lucas' defense splitting backfield to assist the first was great, but the finish from a tight angle looked a good one too, JJs workrate at the third goal was amazing too, started and finished things, maybe a bit fortunate that the Broomhill defender took to long on the ball but did well to win it and a tidy finish!

48 minutes ago, B-U-tiful United said:

I’m glad we’ve already played Rovers at home. This is migraine inducing

IMG_0116.jpeg

This is not the Scottish Albion Rovers.........it's a Welsh team.   

I didn't know there was another Albion Rovers until I saw this horror show of a strip and googled it for more info.

DD got his wish, another centre-half. Brings the squad up to 19 and probably also one of the youngest squads seen at United. at just under 25 - which includes two 37 year olds. Suppose a striker or attacking midfielder is too much to ask for.
It says a wee bit about our strikers when one of our top scorers is our right back Stevenson, the other one being Malcolm - a striker - with 4 a piece.

Again we were slow out the blocks but grew in confidence as the game went and they got the result their work rate deserved. 
A chance this Saturday to further improve our position in the league at home to Hearts U/20’s.

Edited by boheesian