Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

7 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen.

Shameful to see a team here for "development" blatantly diving as well. Can't wait for them to f**k off.

We have previous with this referee , denied a certain penalty against Auchinleck previously , flies in the face of the soft penalties given today .

Full credit for BU being able to battle back .

We we’re second best by a long way in  first half but having said that only a very soft penalty and a goalkeeping howler had Hearts in front .

Great display in second half , Dalziel put some work in , Stenhouse always looked a threat and defensively more solid .

Very entertaining watch again , just a shame the ref was so bad , hard to understand several of his decisions .

Agree with all the comments on here. This is a game a year ago we would have lost. Team showed good character to keep coming back. We could easily have said it’s not going to be our day and felt sorry for ourselves. Again thought ref was poor . To dig in and take something when things just didn’t seem to want to go our way is a positive sign 

Heard a lot of supporters saying the referee was a cheat but I think he was just hopeless. He was totally out of his depth and when clowns like him are getting fast tracked thru the system then it’s easy to see why the VAR disgrace that happened last week occurred.

Similarities to Kevin Clancy inept and totally useless

Away from the ref...

Hearts were clearly the better side in the first half, but despite that they never created a lot of chance, scoring from a dubious penalty and a Musa mistake, so BU could count themselves to be unlucky to be two down at half time. 

Second half was a different matter, got in about them and they clearly didn't like it, ultimately unlucky to not to take all three points.

Michael Travis looked utterly lost first half, ends the game a hero scoring a double and looks like he'll be a threat at set pieces.

Thought Kyle Johnston was great today, with JJ and Gemmell in there seemed to free him up to play his own game.

Felt Stevenson was missed for his own play and what he gives Stenhouse, but the right side grew into it and were great second half.

All in all it was great entertainment and very satisfying getting it up the hearts fans (weirdos) who were watching this rather than the Edinburgh Derby.

Toddled along today and in the end a draw was a fair result, although Hearts should have had BU buried by half time. However the home side came out after the break and really took the game to Hearts and had them rattled. Some ropey goalkeeping on both sides.  Goal line clearance right at the end to saved a hard earned point for BU.

The first Hearts penalty was absolutely correct, the defender slid in and got nowhere near the ball, the only thing that was debatable was it was very close to the edge of the box (in or out?). Second penalty I didn't see clearly but the BU players didn't complain too much which tells a story, the players arm was well away from his body.

Second yellows on both sending offs didn't strike me as poor decisions.

Referee was pretty inconsistent but hardly the worst, a bit card happy maybe, but the BU fans really are some bunch, complain about absolutely everything and calling the ref a cheat was hilarious.

A really good game to watch in crap conditions.

Edited by Burnieman

4 hours ago, Nicholas Rage said:

All in all it was great entertainment and very satisfying getting it up the hearts fans (weirdos) who were watching this rather than the Edinburgh Derby.

It wasn't on TV and I assume a sell-out, some fowk like to go out at watch a game. Is that weird? There weren't many that I saw.

20 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It wasn't on TV and I assume a sell-out, some fowk like to go out at watch a game. Is that weird? There weren't many that I saw.

Most off the so called hearts fans are only there to support there boy not hearts supporters 

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Toddled along today and in the end a draw was a fair result, although Hearts should have had BU buried by half time. However the home side came out after the break and really took the game to Hearts and had them rattled. Some ropey goalkeeping on both sides.  Goal line clearance right at the end to saved a hard earned point for BU.

The first Hearts penalty was absolutely correct, the defender slid in and got nowhere near the ball, the only thing that was debatable was it was very close to the edge of the box (in or out?). Second penalty I didn't see clearly but the BU players didn't complain too much which tells a story, the players arm was well away from his body.

Second yellows on both sending offs didn't strike me as poor decisions.

Referee was pretty inconsistent but hardly the worst, a bit card happy maybe, but the BU fans really are some bunch, complain about absolutely everything and calling the ref a cheat was hilarious.

A really good game to watch in crap conditions.

Toddled along in the pissing rain my arse. You’re either on the wind up or you’re related to that inept clown of a referee, so toddle off and take your stupid comments with you