Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

1 minute ago, Bu bri said:

Dreadful today never looked like scoring. Performance reminded me of the Max Christie era. Pretty despondent after watching that today.,we created more against Morton 

Wouldn’t agree with that , when a team is better than you on the day then that’s it and Tranent were better today .

From the start Dalziel wasn’t fit so why use him I don’t know . He had nobody to knock the ball down to either .

As has been the case for many years now , we need a quality centre forward who knows where the net is , the teams above us have exactly that .

Added to that we seem to be losing too many goals from basic mistakes .

8 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Wouldn’t agree with that , when a team is better than you on the day then that’s it and Tranent were better today .

From the start Dalziel wasn’t fit so why use him I don’t know . He had nobody to knock the ball down to either .

As has been the case for many years now , we need a quality centre forward who knows where the net is , the teams above us have exactly that .

Added to that we seem to be losing too many goals from basic mistakes .

Spot on. I know we’ve been trying to sign a centre but no success yet. We need to get back to the winning habit.

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So much so that they might even know how to spell they're. It's daft to have two different Bo'ness clubs playing at Newtown Park. The sooner there is only one again under the name United the more likely conversations on here are to shift over to the topic of promotion to the SPFL and meeting bronze level licence requirements to be able to sustain that status long term.

The weirdest bit for me is Athletic using the same colours as United still.

15 hours ago, Bu bri said:

Dreadful today never looked like scoring. Performance reminded me of the Max Christie era. Pretty despondent after watching that today.,we created more against Morton 

Disagree with that and hopefully shows on the highlights. Barely 5 minutes in and Dalziel had a great chance to place one in the far corner but opted not to shoot first time and was intercepted by a Tranent player. This led to a corner kick for BU and the free-est of free headers put over the bar from barely 5 yards out. So either of those chances couldn’t seen BU take an early lead and possibly a different outcome. 

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ryan Porteous should have started the Tranent game as the number 9.    Scott Dalziel was clearly injured before the game even started and should have been rested.  

Plenty of honest effort put in by the BU players yesterday and for me that is the main requirement.  

With Ryan on right side and Lucas on left or vice versa . Would like to see that .

On 09/12/2023 at 08:10, LongTimeLurker said:

So much so that they might even know how to spell they're. It's daft to have two different Bo'ness clubs playing at Newtown Park. The sooner there is only one again under the name United the more likely conversations on here are to shift over to the topic of promotion to the SPFL and meeting bronze level licence requirements to be able to sustain that status long term.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

https://www.facebook.com/BonessUnitedFootballClub/

Your team to face Gretna2008
1 Musa Digaba
2 Ryan Stevenson
3 Keir MacAulay
4 Michael Travis
5 Lewis McArthur (c)
6 Dan Irving
7 Lucas Stenhouse
8 Kyle Johnston
9 Scott Daziel