Dundee United 23/24

Just now, Groot said:

Am I the only one who doesn't know who Will Ferry is? 🤔

He's just retweeted the Ross Graham signing announcement, which is a bit odd for a guy from Cheltenham Town with no obvious links with United.

Left back/ left midfielder, I think. I hadn't heard of him until a fortnight ago either, tbf.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

He's just retweeted the Ross Graham signing announcement, which is a bit odd for a guy from Cheltenham Town with no obvious links with United.

Left back/ left midfielder, I think. I hadn't heard of him until a fortnight ago either, tbf.

Sounds positive then.

Well, positive in a 'I don't have a fucking clue if he's any good at football' kinda way

20 minutes ago, EuroArab said:

Re Will Ferry is this going off him following us on social media? Or something a bit more solid.

Would be class to see an announcement soon.

Yes more solid. ✅

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

Yes. The same one who was forever injured last year. 

Ahhh, so was he 'injured' then?  That would explain a lot.

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out, horrible condition to deal with.  All the best to him

Just now, WhatDayIsIt said:

Ahhh, so was he 'injured' then?  That would explain a lot.

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out, horrible condition to deal with.  All the best to him

To be fair to him he was injured yes and was also going through a divorce. Did hear he was a lot better so fingers crossed as he can certainly make the step up. 

33 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Got told we're talking to a player from Belgium. Didn't get a name though 

Could be the defender Brian Plat, saw his name come up last month.

Posted (edited)

Good to see some activity from the club, although I'm sure they have been working behind the scenes to get deals organised. Particularly happy to secure Ross Graham for another two seasons, and looking forward to hearing Miller Thomson has been secured on a decent contract.

Regarding the League Cup draw, I can't be bothered with that competition since the SPFL started giving the top sides byes, these teams should have squads which can compete in the tournament, and the argument that they need rested as they have European ties to contend with falls when they line up friendlies against higher class opposition than the lower league or even non league sides they'd face in the League Cup.

If, on the other hand United reach Hampden in that tournament, I'll be looking for a ticket.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

3 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

International. Plays for a county that two ex United players currently play for also. 

I’m saying nothing else😂 Plenty background work still to be done. 

Australian?