The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

According to the daily record Ryan Oné is on trial at Sheffield United hopefully if he does go we get some good money with a big sell on clause we all know this guy is heading to the top. And if he doesn't leave this window he will be away by next summer. We would all love for him to stay as it's clear to see already that he's way too good for this league the fact Rankin has been starting Andy Winter over him is mental to me.

On the social media shambles I think it's more obvious than ever that A the club have little clue about how to maximise the value and exposure on it and B that they don't appreciate how important having a professional and wide reaching social media is in 2023.

That they continue to seek an unpaid intern to come on board further cements this.

Pesky little things like fan engagement don't fulfil the egotistical needs of the likes of Gerry Strain - all he's interested in is getting his oversized face into as many promo shots as possible so that he can then reference them on his personal linkedin.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

According to the daily record Ryan Oné is on trial at Sheffield United hopefully if he does go we get some good money with a big sell on clause we all know this guy is heading to the top. And if he doesn't leave this window he will be away by next summer. We would all love for him to stay as it's clear to see already that he's way too good for this league the fact Rankin has been starting Andy Winter over him is mental to me.

I think patience from the player and the club is key for this move, and not rushing into anything.

The number and calibre of clubs interested will only increase, which will result in a higher fee and more options for the player.

It's such a young age to move away also and he will need a support network around him to adjust.

It will be difficult not to be impressed being on trial though.

My preference would be to ensure that we obtain a sell on fee and have him loaned back to us this season.

I think a year of experience and confidence building in this league would really benefit him.

One would then be 18yrs old and would have had time to prepare for his move.

Overall I'm keen to see him have a great career and I hope he develops into the player we can see him being.

Seems very humble and level headed from the outside, which can only help him going forward. 

Best of luck whichever way it goes.

17 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

A few hours ago Accies twitter had 33,000 followers. We now have a new account with 60 followers 😂😂.

I liked that the @acciesfc account is actually Scott Struthers personal account... 

That has so many red flags it's unbelievable. I technically own the Alloa stuff for everything but I'm not a raging egotist to think that I can just keep it when I'm finished with Alloa.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I liked that the @acciesfc account is actually Scott Struthers personal account... 

That has so many red flags it's unbelievable. I technically own the Alloa stuff for everything but I'm not a raging egotist to think that I can just keep it when I'm finished with Alloa.

I don't think Scott is either. I think it's just another lame excuse from the club. 

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

To be fair Scott is anything but an egotist and he is still with Accies. It is just Gerry talking utter bollox again.

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

It isn't. He has a personal account - @scottsas 

Scott has clearly spent time building the Accies twitter account into what it is over a number of years - that he isn't willing to hand it and it's reach over to the likes of Gerry Strain to promote God knows what pish i'm actually fully behind.

40 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It isn't. He has a personal account - @scottsas 

Scott has clearly spent time building the Accies twitter account into what it is over a number of years - that he isn't willing to hand it and it's reach over to the likes of Gerry Strain to promote God knows what pish i'm actually fully behind.

I mean that's why you'd use two factor authentication to verify logins and have the actual control of an account. If you had someone post something you didn't want you'd just change the password and lock them out. They can't do that without 2FA.

Whatever is going on it doesn't reflect well on anyone involved. 

8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I mean that's why you'd use two factor authentication to verify logins and have the actual control of an account. If you had someone post something you didn't want you'd just change the password and lock them out. They can't do that without 2FA.

Whatever is going on it doesn't reflect well on anyone involved. 

It's not about unauthorised access, though. It's about Strain wanting a platform with a readily available snd trusting audience to push content to further feed his own ego, and Struthers (correctly) telling him to bolt.

You'll note that the #NewEra twitter account hasn't posted anything at all, whilst the established one has posted ticket info for Saturday and retweeted highlights.

Struthers is a dinosaur and Strain has an ego the size of his belly. It's not exactly a great choice for who you want to run your Twitter, but one employee who just so happened to set up the account shouldn't be able to post his outdated content carte blanche. 

Well it's transfer deadline day tomorrow so we will find out if Ryan Oné has his future with us or if it's elsewhere hopefully for our sake it's with us we've all seen the difference he's made in games already this season. Rankin said in the press yesterday that he wanted 1 or 2 in for Stirling but it seems like whatever happens tomorrow we will still be looking for players through the Scottish loan market which is still open for another month. Free agents will obviously still be allowed as well.

Edited by Ian Mcleod

Wow just incredible really. Just shows how clueless the people who are currently running the social media stuff are. It somehow gets worse and worse every day off the pitch. And it takes the attention away from what we should be talking about on how well the team on the pitch have started. Seref has had a really good first transfer window but he needs to sort stuff out quickly off the pitch cause it's a shambles ATM.

If there is any departures they will have to be done tonight or the only option for them will to be playing at League 2 or lower on loan or wait until January to sign for someone else. I just hope Ryan Oné stays would be a terrible way to end a successful transfer window

Two departures still to be announced by the sounds of things. Guessing Cormac Daly will be one but no idea about the other. 

ETA: Guy on Accies World saying that Oné has signed for Sheffield United. That's a real blow and obviously too late for us to reinvest any of the fee unless a free agent becomes available. 

Edited by accies1874

If we've sold One (and he's not coming back on loan) and the club have just posted about todays match using an image of Ryan One then they are absolutely taking the piss. 

Surely to f**k after the laughing stock we've been on social media lately, they've not fucked up again?