The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

11 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

If he gets straight in their team for the match against Falkirk on Saturday and they keep a clean sheet, then it's a tactical masterclass.

Yep agreed. In general I think this move is good for all parties. Fergus won't get a game currently with McGowan,Kilday and O'Brien all at the club. He's not even been getting on the bench recently. I think he'll do well at Kelty and come back a better player when he returns. I wouldn't be surprised if this loan gets extended to the end of the season best of luck to Fergus though he is a good player and will be a good player for Kelty.

19 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yep agreed. In general I think this move is good for all parties. Fergus won't get a game currently with McGowan,Kilday and O'Brien all at the club. He's not even been getting on the bench recently. I think he'll do well at Kelty and come back a better player when he returns. I wouldn't be surprised if this loan gets extended to the end of the season best of luck to Fergus though he is a good player and will be a good player for Kelty.

Was just about to ask what we're getting but sounds promising. We were in need of depth at the back & this gives us that.

Looks to have played RB & CB?

Edited by leomessi1984

9 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Was just about to ask what we're getting but sounds promising. We were in need of depth at the back & this gives us that.

Yeah Fergus can do a job at RB as well but I would say he's better at center half. I think he will shine with Kelty he was actually OK for us last season in the championship will be a good player for Kelty

12 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Good physical attributes - big, quick and strong - and composed when bringing the ball out, but not actually the best technically and makes the kinds of mistakes you'd expect of an inexperienced centre-back. I think he could be pretty good and hopefully that starts now with a consistent run of games. 

Do we really need another striker? In pervious years we've lacked depth but we're starting to overload a bit now. it would be a confusing signing considering we've just signed a striker a couple of weeks ago. We already have Henderson, O'Hara, McGlynn, Mumbongo and even Andy Winter who can all do a job as strikers. It does seem a bit like an unneeded panic signing I would just stick with what we have currently and if we do need something else do it in January when there's more options available.