The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

As  detailed by others on here and in general,Rankin has lost the confidence of the support  which will still be the case if we get closer to Falkirk the next few weeks.

This is a group of players  who could beat Falkirk and lose the week after to Kelty in the League as the Manager has no Plan B against packed defences.

Yesterday we ended up with 4 men up front and still fannied about with the slow build up.Another sitter missed  by O'Hara at 0-0 also  and again being outfought by part-timers.

If we end up in the Play Offs,no-one has any confidence we would prevail as the Airdrie home game and his terrible Game Management and Subs-especially bringing Zanatta on instead of a defensive player does not fill us with confidence.

The only saving grace is the January window as he has stated he has funds and if uses it wisely, only then will confidence return.

22 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

This is bonkers by the way, you have lost 1 league game all season. I thought our fans were knicker wetters! Hamilton and Rankin on the face of it seem to be doing a decent job of getting promoted to be honest. Obviously the proof will be at seasons end however 

Rankin must be given a 5 year contract asap.

He is the man to take Accies back to where they belong………🤔

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still in the firm belief that Falkirk and Hamilton will go up in any order (hopefully Falkirk up automatically)

yes rankin may have no plan b but we don’t seem to have one either other than stick Jordan Allan on

saturday will be interesting when it comes to tactics and how it will determine the rest of the season because as it stands if your qos result gets taken out of the equation -every other team has played 1 less game so it’s fair- we are ahead by 3 points and 9 ahead of cove whilst yous are 6 ahead of cove

its going to be tight the whole season between us 2 but neither of should finish lower than 2nd, we’re the strongest and have the highest quality and depth -Paul Hartley might have something to say about the second point- in the league 

so neither of us should complain about shit tactics and be happy we are looking likely to go up this season

TLDR: Both of us will go up hopefully, cove will run us close but fail, shut the f**k up and enjoy the ride

7 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Big Joel and Joe McGlynn each score 4 for the reserves today. Wonder if either will get into starting 11 on Saturday on the back of it.

Would be typical Rankin to start Mumbongo in the biggest game of the season so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Mumbongo did start we would be starting the game with 10 men if he does though and it would show just how out of depth Rankin actually is. Mcglynn I would be OK with but I think O'Hara would be better for this type of game and Mcglynn would be better coming off the bench.

Losing Fulton (fractured arm), Martin (hamstring) and potentially Kilday is almost as bad as losing the game. Rankin leaves us so open defending transitions that we rely on the individual qualities of those three + McGowan to stop them, so it'll be interesting to see how we adapt: carry on with inferior players, or tweak things (esp on the ball) to make it harder for the opposition to bear down on our CBs with ease?

3 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Just chucked lighters at folk and stole from the disabled instead. 

Infinitely more acceptable than spitting.

PS disabled or not, how do you steal from someone in a different stand? 

Trying to justify spitting is absolutely bogging.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I can't get over how bad his change of Mumbongo for Hendrie was today. That was his final change in the 72nd minute let's say we got it back to 2-2 in the 80th minutes we would of had to of seen the last 10+ added time with 3 Defenders not 1 bit of thought process went into that change. For me Fergus Owens must be brought back in January. I loved McGowan last season and was delighted when he came back but he's been terrible at times this season. Fulton should have never of came for that ball today don't understand why he done that. Martin getting injured is a big blow as well but it was going to happen at some point we've ot really had much injuries so far going into this game but it all happened in the 1 game. Regardless of who the manager is Fergus needs to be brought back in January and a midfielder and striker is required. Looking likely to be the playoffs now.

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I can't get over how bad his change of Mumbongo for Hendrie was today. That was his final change in the 72nd minute let's say we got it back to 2-2 in the 80th minutes we would of had to of seen the last 10+ added time with 3 Defenders not 1 bit of thought process went into that change. For me Fergus Owens must be brought back in January. I loved McGowan last season and was delighted when he came back but he's been terrible at times this season. Fulton should have never of came for that ball today don't understand why he done that. Martin getting injured is a big blow as well but it was going to happen at some point we've ot really had much injuries so far going into this game but it all happened in the 1 game. Regardless of who the manager is Fergus needs to be brought back in January and a midfielder and striker is required. Looking likely to be the playoffs now.

I don't think you can blame McGowan for Fulton breaking his arm. It's a freak accident.

Was 100% our throw as a result as well. Very weird decision.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

True. But not sure you can blame Fulton either tbh. I'm not really sure how he's broken his arm there if i'm honest.

Yeah maybe not I just don't think there is any reason for him to come for that ball in the first place was a poor decision and it's ended up in him getting injured 

3 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah maybe not I just don't think there is any reason for him to come for that ball in the first place was a poor decision and it's ended up in him getting injured 

He's come to clear the ball. It's bog standard. If he isn't injured we aren't even talking about it. I'm genuinely confused as to how he's broken his arm there tbh.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He's come to clear the ball. It's bog standard. If he isn't injured we aren't even talking about it. I'm genuinely confused as to how he's broken his arm there tbh.

I thought at the time it was a riskey tbh I haven't seen it back but he almost didn't get to it first from what I can remember. I do agree with what your saying about how maybe one to watch back again to see what actually happened.