The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

New season starts in earnest in two days and we still don't know what strip we will be wearing or if and when they will be launched/available.

Exactly, its so frustrating. Why make a big statement like "We have listened" and then do nothing to address a major complaint raised season after season.

It really does feel as if the club goes out of its way to antagonise existing fans and prevent atracting new ones. No one can be this incompetent unless its deliberate. If they cant be arsed get out and let someone who can take over

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I remember we "launched" the 17/18 home kit at K Park a couple of hours before the first day of the season. I suppose at least if we do the same on Saturday, it'll be at our stadium. 

With Clyde playing in red this season we'll be in our change kit, if anything, on Saturday so wouldn't hold your breath.

It would be typical Accies to make a song and dance about listening and delivering on our new kit, then launch a generic template change kit instead.

Unless, of course, we run out in blue and green hoops on Saturday but I doubt that.

Doubt we will ever get green and blue hoops as that would mean giving the fans what a lot of us have been asking for. You would also need a board with a basic understanding of our clubs history. If only Todd, if only.

Agree though the longer this is dragged out, the higher the chance of something like the joma cup final kit getting rolled out. It will likely be the easy option.

Edited by Beckford

Can't copy and paste for some reason but wild accusations - that I totally believe -on Accies World tonight. 71 year old fan getting visits from the Sun and threatening letters. Would appear the club still not happy with negative publicity.

40 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Disgraceful behaviour and not the first I've heard of similar actions from the crooks behind the scenes in the past year. 

All that hassle and they've ended up targeting the wrong person. 

They've been at it since the social media faux pas at the turn of the year.

There are, clearly, some very dodgy characters involved with our club, who are prepared to bully and threaten anyone who does anything that could shed even the slightest bit of light on them.

As you can view Acciesworld as a guest, the thread in question can be found here:

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2058

Edited by Todd_is_God

Sad and a total disgrace. As others have said not a suprise though. Obviously a full appology will be issued to a valued commited member of the "Accies" comunity. Aye right! Absoloute rats at our club

Edited by Beckford

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

They've been at it since the social media faux pas at the turn of the year.

There are, clearly, some very dodgy characters involved with our club, who are prepared to bully and threaten anyone who does anything that could shed even the slightest bit of light on them.

As you can view Acciesworld as a guest, the thread in question can be found here:

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2058

Can't believe what I read there. This club is full of crooks.

On 13/07/2023 at 17:20, Todd_is_God said:

With Clyde playing in red this season we'll be in our change kit, if anything, on Saturday so wouldn't hold your breath.

It would be typical Accies to make a song and dance about listening and delivering on our new kit, then launch a generic template change kit instead.

Unless, of course, we run out in blue and green hoops on Saturday but I doubt that.

We will be in red this season but we don’t know what that kit is yet. I can’t make it along today but I’d imagine Clyde will be in last season’s home kit. Our kit launches sound as though they’re equally shambolic!

58 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

We will be in red this season but we don’t know what that kit is yet. I can’t make it along today but I’d imagine Clyde will be in last season’s home kit. Our kit launches sound as though they’re equally shambolic!

You are. And we are in last season's change kit. The Tin Pot derby.

Well a good win today improvements are definitely needed though. We really are needing a center half imo Dylan McGowan was at the game today hoping that the club are doing everything possible to try and get him back. Still lack a bit in the attacking options however the subs were really good today and a couple of them probably deserve to start on Tuesday. Guys like Kyle Macdonald, Joe Mcglynn and Winter made a big difference. One only got like 3 minutes and in that 3 minutes he showed exactly why he's off to Brighton. I can completely see One being a starter for a big team in England possibly even Brighton in a couple years absolutely ludicrous that Rankin is starting Zannata over him. 

My first look at the new and improved Accies squad. We need another centre half as playing Longridge there in a 2 won’t work all season, he would be fine on the left of a 3.

Barjonas looked quite unfit tbh. Hopefully just the change in going from part-time to full-time again as Andy Ryan looked a bit slow his first couple of months when he came back as well.

Zanatta is an imposter, he could have been hooked at half time. No surprise we looked miles better when him and Smith came off.

The big Burnley boy looked a handful when he came on and got a deserved goal. I imagine that will probably get him a start ahead of O’Hara through the week who didn’t look great.

12 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Well a good win today improvements are definitely needed though. We really are needing a center half imo Dylan McGowan was at the game today hoping that the club are doing everything possible to try and get him back. Still lack a bit in the attacking options however the subs were really good today and a couple of them probably deserve to start on Tuesday. Guys like Kyle Macdonald, Joe Mcglynn and Winter made a big difference. One only got like 3 minutes and in that 3 minutes he showed exactly why he's off to Brighton. I can completely see One being a starter for a big team in England possibly even Brighton in a couple years absolutely ludicrous that Rankin is starting Zannata over him. 

I heard One's move to Brighton might be off.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

My first look at the new and improved Accies squad. We need another centre half as playing Longridge there in a 2 won’t work all season, he would be fine on the left of a 3.

Going to a back 5 in league 1 can't be a option we should sign another center half and let Longridge and Hendrie compete for first choice at left back. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I heard One's move to Brighton might be off.

If so One should be starting every game milles better than Zannata. It would be nice if a QOTS or Cove done us a big favour and took Zannata off us. Guy doesn't look a bit interested. Even though Smithy was poor yesterday at least he was trying to make things happen unlike Zannata.

Also I hope Fulton is back soon Jamie Smith looked a disaster yesterday and was barely even tested seen a couple of fans say the same and they wouldn't be against getting rid of Jamie Smith and bringing in another backup keeper