The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Rumour going around that Chairman Brown is away. 

4 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Can we not go one week without some sort of disaster, rumour or shitshow. What's the story now? 

Doesn't matter now as Brown's denied it

11 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Any chance these rumours are being stirred up by certain outgoing individuals? 

I think this is a fair theory, though I'm not sure he's quite got the goodwill within the Accies fanbase to pull that off. 

@stepek 4 tellys what's your relationship with Colin McGowan like?

Edited by accies1874

5 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Just made exactly that point on acciesworld, madness!

Also shows that hopefully last week wasn't a sign we'll struggle this season. 🤞

18 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

Also shows that hopefully last week wasn't a sign we'll struggle this season. 🤞

Scott Martin can also have a go at getting sent off home & away against Ayr with only 3 games played.

Was just coming on here to talk about the Ayr game tonight 5-0 Ayr but it could have really been that after Halftime Airdries best player tonight was probably their keeper Murray Johnson which probably says everything . 

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I think this is a fair theory, though I'm not sure he's quite got the goodwill within the Accies fanbase to pull that off. 

@stepek 4 tellys what's your relationship with Colin McGowan like?

😂 The rumour I picked up on was actually from a well kent face in the Accies support. I should have known better!

I think this whole situation with no strips or merchandise, no sponsor, no news on the stadium purchase is going to go one of two ways. Seref will come out and triumphantly announce a mega sponsorship deal and the purchase of the stadium or, he’ll be exposed as a fantasist who hasn’t got a pot to piss in. 

18 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Mad we've willingly chosen to play Ayr away next week btw

It definitely suits us more and I wondered at the time why Hamilton agreed to it. 

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It definitely suits us more and I wondered at the time why Hamilton agreed to it. 

Genuinely may just be the club looking/content to get another defeat out the way early doors.

And the obvious answer of happy to get a midweek off later in the year.

6 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

Only reason I can think of is it saves us playing Sat-Tues-Sat, perhaps even Friday if the Airdrie game gets picked for telly.

I think there's a couple of understandable reasons for moving the Ayr game one of them as like you've mentioned there is a good chance of the Airdrie game being selected for TV either way it will give us a week to prepare for that game which Airdrie won't get. Another reason which Rankin mentioned in the press the last thing you're wanting when a season has just started is a 14 day break to the next game when players are just starting to get sharper. I think next week will be a tough game as Ayr are a good side and I can't see us picking up any points but I think it would have been just as tough if we had played them in October. People make the point about the injuries however we will have Martin back next week. Owens and McGowan wouldn't have played if the game was in October so that means the only player we have out who would have been available if the game was in October is Kilday unless we make any signings after the Ayr game there's every chance more people could get injured before October.