The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Morgan will get his chance, He's still got a long way to go physically for this league though, I prefer Newbury as a player, He looks like he has a bit of class but again just a skinny kid at the moment. Regarding Forsyth and not getting much game time, He was very young and I'm sure if he'd stayed he'd have got more game time ,A year is a long time when your a kid and physically you can change quickly, He wasn't ready a year ago. 

Hi, all - I’m just stopping by to let you know about something I’ve written on my Substack newsletter that affects Accies.

Specifically about Covid loan repayments but touching on a few other things too.

The link is in my signature but if you can’t see it, click here.

All feedback welcome.

Remember Adrian Beck? Him that played about 70 minutes in 4 months and said Brian Rice knew nothing about football? 

Currently playing in the European conference league with FC Heidenheim of the Bundesliga. 

Utterly fried. 

Post I put on WAH page about the “inactivity” iro our 150th Anniversary.

This 150th Anniversary is at the moment “ a damp squib” with the potential to turn into an unmitigated disaster financially.

This- like all other Accies matters- is easily avoidable and as usual it is all self inflicted.

Let’s start with the actual 150th Anniversary.This is undoubtedly the most historic Event in our long history, but the publicity from the club has been negligible and basically non-existent.

Every Social Media/Press post should be hammering this home and reminding people, but as it stands unless you are a committed supporter, then folk will be unaware.

I can guarantee 90% of the townspeople don’t even know and any publicity has come from Accies fans themselves publicising this and basically doing the job that the club should be doing.

Ditto for Scottish Football sites in general where virtually no-one knows about this historic Anniversary.

There are plenty clubs in Scotland nowhere near this historic landmark( never mind a 100th Anniversary) and we should be hammering this very important milestone at every opportunity.

There should have been a mass publicity around the town of this: people buy into history and this would have also tied in with getting in new fans, lapsed fans and the curious who could have become fans.

An opportunity missed in many ways: the shambles of the sub -par , shoddy strips and Merchandise is another example and the fact there is no official 150th Merchandise- not any mention on these Paddy’s Market quality strips again sums up this lack of foresight, lack of vision, lack of the sense of history and a fundamental lack of Marketing.

Other Clubs-Morton for example- had quality strips out in time for the Summer…we are now approaching Autumn in the worst Summer ever and still no strips available and the lack of a Sponsor is no excuse.

Kids should have been running around Hamilton all summer with the special 150th Anniversary strips and seeing the 150th Anniversary on the strip properly marketed would have brought some youngsters into the fold as not every kid wants to be “ just a number” as they are at the Old Firm where they are easily replaced.

Look for example back in the day at the amount of people who wore Accies strips due to the tie in with the then Phillips Factory.

Another example here is Airdrie: the 100th Anniversary of their Scottish Cup win and they hammered it everywhere: Anniversary Dinners with Guest Speakers like Sir Alex Ferguson, special Merchandise in The Club Shop and making the general Scottish Football Supporting public aware of this.

In addition, this was a season to reconnect with not just the town- but lapsed supporters.This has so far been lost, but there is still time to salvage this if the will is there and the effort is put in to do so.

The Pricing is the big issue which ties in with the aforementioned paragraph.Months after these PATG prices were announced, we are now seeing the result of this short-termism: much smaller away supports(Airdrie fans reportedly boycotting on Saturday and if true, I can’t blame them), a drop in the home support despite winning promotion when it should be the opposite and an overall ANGER at long-standing Accies fans priced out of supporting their team at HOME games…this should NEVER happen and especially not in our 150th season.

Things looking a bit rosier on the park and a mid-table finish looking likely but the momentum off the park has been lost.

Fans I know without Season Tickets unable to afford to go with their kid(s)  to Home Games in our 150th Anniversary  Season is the ultimate No No for me and is unforgivable no matter what was spouted at The Fans Forum.

This was the season to be brave and do the opposite. I would have set Season Books at £150 and got every Accies fan to publicise this  through Social Media or leafleting doors; cheap kids tickets in addition and I would have targeted it as giving something back in a time of hardship for people.

Plenty anecdotal evidence this would have worked and if local Companies had been tagged along , this could have made up for any perceived shortfall and it would have been gold-mine publicity for the Companies which would have helped to advertise this.

No Glamour Friendly either-how hard would it have been to get a side down South or a side from abroad to play in the International break.

There are other avenues we could have utilised also to get bums on seats and a feel good factor back.The area behind The Gazebo or The Sainsbury’s End could have had pop up Food Bars, Live Music, A Beer Hub, kids facilities this season all with the 150th Anniversary message at the forefront and Covers when the weather turns.

Sorry for the long post folks, but I sit here frustrated at the inaction by those in charge of our Club who either don’t get it, can’t be arsed to do anything or are only interested in their own way of thinking.

Our young fans “get it” and appreciate the significance of this Anniversary, so why do our Club Officials not do likewise- apart from one in particular.

Another mess of our own making and this continued PATG pricing must be challenged as it is now costing us money.

Final point which I shall reiterate- NO Accies fan should be priced out of any Home game in our 150th Anniversary- that is the bottom line in this sorry state of affairs.

At the very least, the club THIS WEEK, have to announce they have listened and reduced the PATG. Even if it's still a bit steep, for example £24, 15 & 7 at least it's a concession they've cocked up. The strip fiasco in our 150th year is shocking and we were given assurances that everything was well planned and this would not happen. It's even more of a fiasco than last year. I also think it's farcical that we don't have the same strip for all the levels including the women's team. Their kit is just bizarre this season.

A club official told me the early kit reveal that caused such anger was never going to be the first team kit and instead was always going to be the youths kit. They wore it last week against Dundee United, with the excess red at the top. But of course it was meant to be the first team kit, it was only changed after an outcry. But if it wasn't, stay with me here, why on earth was it unveiled in the first place? And of course our U16 kit is a totally different design made by Adidas. So, yes, if you're still with me, that means we have FOUR, f**king FOUR seperate home kit designs for our various teams. I'll find out now there's a fifth for an amputee team.

6 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

At the very least, the club THIS WEEK, have to announce they have listened and reduced the PATG. Even if it's still a bit steep, for example £24, 15 & 7 at least it's a concession they've cocked up. The strip fiasco in our 150th year is shocking and we were given assurances that everything was well planned and this would not happen. It's even more of a fiasco than last year. I also think it's farcical that we don't have the same strip for all the levels including the women's team. Their kit is just bizarre this season.

A club official told me the early kit reveal that caused such anger was never going to be the first team kit and instead was always going to be the youths kit. They wore it last week against Dundee United, with the excess red at the top. But of course it was meant to be the first team kit, it was only changed after an outcry. But if it wasn't, stay with me here, why on earth was it unveiled in the first place? And of course our U16 kit is a totally different design made by Adidas. So, yes, if you're still with me, that means we have FOUR, f**king FOUR seperate home kit designs for our various teams. I'll find out now there's a fifth for an amputee team.

I agree with everything you've said there however I think it's highly unlikely now that they'll go back on the PATG prices at least this season Seref does seem far too stubborn to do that even though he should. I would imagine they're will be fans that will continue to bring it up at fourms which is more than understandable though. 

35 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I agree with everything you've said there however I think it's highly unlikely now that they'll go back on the PATG prices at least this season Seref does seem far too stubborn to do that even though he should. I would imagine they're will be fans that will continue to bring it up at fourms which is more than understandable though. 

As much as I agree the PATG prices are too much I can understand why they did it. We probably took in around £13,500 from.away fans on Saturday, probably more than we took from all clubs together in the first round of games apart from Falkirk.

The club must have lost a fortune last year while in the 1st division and we need to find a way to claw it back. 

I doubt we would get many more home fans back at £22 or £24. 

12 minutes ago, Accie1 said:

As much as I agree the PATG prices are too much I can understand why they did it. We probably took in around £13,500 from.away fans on Saturday, probably more than we took from all clubs together in the first round of games apart from Falkirk.

The club must have lost a fortune last year while in the 1st division and we need to find a way to claw it back. 

I doubt we would get many more home fans back at £22 or £24. 

We are 3-400 fans down per game this season compared to pre Christmas last year.

Quite a few folk who were regulars are not going and the numbers in Section A are easily half from last season.

Rumours are they are considering putting the PATG price down…to £25.🙈🙈😡

13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Deadline day on Friday night this week as well so will be interesting to see if anything will happen there. 

We have a transfer ban as things stand preventing us from signing anyone over 20. I can’t see much activity at all. 

1 hour ago, Skondras said:

We have a transfer ban as things stand preventing us from signing anyone over 20. I can’t see much activity at all. 

Wait what lol?

Where have you heard this? Would be very surprised if that was true 

There is consequence from not paying your players.

Until we provide the SFA with the correct documentation, a transfer ban is in place. This was confirmed by people from within the club. 

Until we provide the SFA with the correct documentation, a transfer ban is in place. This was confirmed by people from within the club. 

How do you know that the correct documents haven't already been shown? And when was this confirmed within the club? Sure it was last week Rankin was in the press saying he wanted to bring in 1 or 2 still. 

50 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

How do you know that the correct documents haven't already been shown? And when was this confirmed within the club? Sure it was last week Rankin was in the press saying he wanted to bring in 1 or 2 still. 

Tbf, it's accies. We can't even show the taxman the correct forms on time apparently. 

This is obviously another shambles, but I think we've also got to appreciate how funny it is. Rankin has decided to sign a player, presumably a trialist who's been training with the club, and this has been approved by Zengin/Half Man Half Beetroot, only... nobody knew that the club are banned from signing players for the time being!

What a club. 

Surprised a member of the club confirmed this if not already in the public domain. Do you know if it's an automatic thing or at the bequest of SPFL or PFA?

Automatic according to the rules. 

Screenshot_20240828_201103_Word.jpg.74acb448a36e83d5bf723ad1800141b2.jpg

Edited by Accie1

On 26/08/2024 at 19:04, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Airdrie fans reportedly boycotting on Saturday

Dont know if its anything as organised as a boycot, i'm not attending Saturday because of the cost, there has to come a point when it just isn't value for money and the prices accies are charging is above that point, said the same last year with Dundee United. I'm sure accies have done the sums and the extra they make from the visiting crowds brought by Falkirk, Thistle etc might balance things out.