The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

It's not ideal* that he's both a complete charlatan and also the only reason that the club's still afloat. 

*slight understatement

Absolutely spot on. We really have jumped out of the frying pan and in to the fire with the Zengin/Brown/Strain gang.

Andy Ryan scoring a hattrick tonight as Larne progressed to the League stage of the Conference League. Shaun Want also involved for Larne tonight. Massive achievement for both of them and for Larne. 

14 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I hear Clyde's rent is absolutely buttons, so most likely not.

I don't know the full details of the agreement we have with the stadium owner with regards to profits being shared with us but as @Scotty Tunbridge alluded to it's more likely than not that staging Clyde games reduces the stadium's profitability than enhances it and therefore is a drain on our income rather than a boost.

What genius agreed to that deal then? Especially given how desperate Clyde were. 

On 29/08/2024 at 12:26, stepek 4 tellys said:

Absolutely spot on. We really have jumped out of the frying pan and in to the fire with the Zengin/Brown/Strain gang.

Right as bad as things still are, absolutely not. We were heading to league two and/or death by league one under the old regime. I remember leaving the Airdrie playoff game and saying to my mate that unless things changed we would be dead within 10 years. 

18 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

What genius agreed to that deal then? Especially given how desperate Clyde were. 

Our Chairman at that time is now the chairman of Clyde wonder if that might explain things. That deal probably benefits McGowan in some way as well. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

Murray away on loan an absolute mental decision considering he just signed a new contract a few weeks ago and with O'Connor being injured now means we're now left short in another position. Crazy stuff unless we have a few players lined up.

13 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Right as bad as things still are, absolutely not. We were heading to league two and/or death by league one under the old regime. I remember leaving the Airdrie playoff game and saying to my mate that unless things changed we would be dead within 10 years. 

I get what your saying, but what we have now is just a different version of the same circus.

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I get what your saying, but what we have now is just a different version of the same circus.

Definitely to some degree. But remember at the end of the old era we couldn't get players from the Scottish teams because no respectable agent would work with the club after how Stan was treated. We weren't just a laughing stock, we were seen as crooks. 

Now we're just laughably run. Admittedly I'd rather we didn't have constant debacles about tax, forms, etc etc. But at least we're relatively stable, we've stopped the rot, and can now work towards climbing back up. 

We're just as embarrassing off the pitch currently as we were under the old regime but a bit better on the pitch under the new regime at the moment. There was absolutely no chance the previous regime would have gotten us promoted last season we would have been looking at mid table in L1 at the best under them.

Hopefully with time the new board do start learning from their mistakes I'm not writing them off yet personally but they really do need to learn soon. 

14 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We're just as embarrassing off the pitch currently as we were under the old regime but a bit better on the pitch under the new regime at the moment. There was absolutely no chance the previous regime would have gotten us promoted last season we would have been looking at mid table in L1 at the best under them.

Hopefully with time the new board do start learning from their mistakes I'm not writing them off yet personally but they really do need to learn soon. 

Look at Inverness right now. That's where we'd be if things had continued as they were going after we were relegated for the second time in three years. 

14 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

Look at Inverness right now. That's where we'd be if things had continued as they were going after we were relegated for the second time in three years. 

I agree I think at best we would of been where Queen Of The South have been the past 2 seasons but I think where Inverness have went would of definitely been a possibility as well to be fair it does seem like Inverness are starting to stable themselves now that they've managed to get rid of Scott Gardiner. 

Shocking prices considering we're up against a colts team and will likely have a mix of first team players, squad players and youth players playing ourselves wouldn't be surprised if the attendance tomorrow is under 100. It's not really that much of a higher standard that what a reserve game would be. 

Tbh, I wouldn't go to this game even at a fiver, but those prices are insane. A millionaire owner who has no idea what it's like being a normal person with bills to pay and families to feed. And he never learns. The Kelty Scottish Cup price was crazy and fewer than 500 Accies fans turned up. The prices for the League Cup were steep but £15, 10 & 5. I noticed it just says £8 for U18s so not even a price for under 12s. How can this game be dearer than the League Cup?

Posted this on Acciesworld as well, I think £10 and £5 for this would be about right but the only game doing this is Ayr v Raith others are charging full price as far as I can see

EK want £15 for their game against Cove absolutely crazy.

Spoiler

Had a slight sliver of hope yesterday that when the club seen the backlash to the prices for tonight’s game they might have came out and lowered the prices but no they are going ahead with it.  If people don’t vote with their feet tonight and the attendance is over 150 I’ll be extremely disappointed. Really I would love it to go sub 100 but that won’t happen.

Prior to the announcement I thought anything over a tenner and people would be raging but to over £15 is disgusting, £12 is the maximum I would have (begrudgingly) paid for this, to charge more than it was to watch us play Premiership opposition is insulting.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Had a slight sliver of hope yesterday that when the club seen the backlash to the prices for tonight’s game they might have came out and lowered the prices but no they are going ahead with it.  If people don’t vote with their feet tonight and the attendance is over 150 I’ll be extremely disappointed. Really I would love it to go sub 100 but that won’t happen.

Prior to the announcement I thought anything over a tenner and people would be raging but to over £15 is disgusting, £12 is the maximum I would have (begrudgingly) paid for this, to charge more than it was to watch us play Premiership opposition is insulting.

And you can bet that at the next forum, our concerns will dismissed. We will be told that we don't charge that much more than other clubs and that it's the remaining fans fault  that the we have such a tiny support and that is why we need to pay more! 🤬. (that comment at the last forum was the most insulting i have ever heard from any Accies board in my life time.)