The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Beleve what you like, i am not alone in my views. I say what i see week in week out attending games and following the club on and off the pitch.

The fact that the womens team are not considered part of HAFC is an issue.

The claims that the artificial pitches are a reason to celebrate our landlord did not start with me. Up keep of the pitch and stadium is the responsibilty of the owner, it is not proof of success when it is used so often and does generate income, thats the point. The football club is the centre of all commercial activity yet the stadium is regularly voted one of the worst for fan experience in Scottish football. Why is that?

The club isnt just a vehicle for advertising the charities, this is the point.

The ownership of the stadium has not been orchestrated to benifit the club. Its not favourable for the club, its more like a hostage situation. Do some research on the clubs accounts (what is disclosed) and you may understand where the problem lies. Its set up so that he cant be removed or held accountable.

If the new regime can provide basis for trust and reasurance, i will be the first to post here that i am wrong. As I said, i will back our new owner every way that a fan can. A lot of transparency and a total cultural shift will be required though, which i dont think will be possible whilst Mcgowan is in the background (research the share issue)

9 minutes ago, Beckford said:

The fact that the womens team are not considered part of HAFC is an issue.

Why? It isn't. That is a basic fact.

10 minutes ago, Beckford said:

The football club is the centre of all commercial activity yet the stadium is regularly voted one of the worst for fan experience in Scottish football. Why is that?

Because we only have 2 stands, a tiny support generating no atmosphere, our catering options are poor and expensive, and our tactics are generally set up to shitfest results.

12 minutes ago, Beckford said:

The club isnt just a vehicle for advertising the charities, this is the point.

I agree ffs. Read.

Unless you know definitively whether or not Colin McGowan still holds those exclusive voting shares (the statement today suggests he does not) kindly take your condescending "research x" tone elsewhere.

You are a poor man's TT who appears to lack the level of understanding to pull it off.

Because we are supposed to be an inclusive club or do you just not like wee lassies football. Like the men and boys team they are nothing more than tenants. That doesnt bother a fan of our club?

Ask yourself why do we have a run down stadium with side show nonsense, such a poor support, poor facilities, crap expensive food, no club shop, fans that wont drink in the stadium bar, poor product on the park, crap relationship between fans and club, managers who employe tactics you dont like etc.

Who runs the stadium?

You dont agree, so i have to go elsewhere? No worries, i suggested you look into the share issue, if you dont want to, its up to you.  The statement claims the share issue is all sorted if your happy with that, great.

Your reference to another poster elsewhere shows what camp you are in. I have been civil, you resort to the tone that others have used towards said poster (who i have never met fyi) The clubs line is only one individual is raising issues. Believe that if you want, why are they never answered by the club and attempts to intimidate were made? (With the wrong individual at that!)

Clearly you dont agree as you dispute that Mcgowan uses our club to make money 

If someone doesnt agree with you, you throw a wee tantrum and insults. Class act. I will stop bothering you now.

Edited by Beckford

7 hours ago, Beckford said:

Because we are supposed to be an inclusive club or do you just not like wee lassies football.

It's a mere statement of fact. HAWFC are not part of HAFC and as such they will have a separate tenancy agreement. You brought HAWFC up, not me.

Ask yourself why do we have a run down stadium with side show nonsense, such a poor support, poor facilities, crap expensive food

You asked why opposition fans regularly vote NDP one of the worst away days. This is a different question.

Are you being serious?

If someone doesnt agree with you, you throw a wee tantrum and insults

There's only one person here throwing tantrums or being insulting when someone isn't agreeing with them.

Your reference to another poster elsewhere shows what camp you are in.

What camp am I?

3 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Any idea on the fee (if any) you got on Gabriel Forsyth? Believe he was in our academy before it was stupidly shut down.

According to the Sun(which I wouldn't believe on most things)it was 150K Macdonald was 175k as well I think.

Dylan McGowan was at the game again today, sitting with Hamilton, Fulton and another player who's been in training (no idea who he is). You'd imagine either McGowan or that trialist will be the defender Rankin spoke about during the week. 

Great result today wasn't at the game but going into today I wasn't expecting anything other than a comfortable livi win. Disappointing we conceded late on but it's 2 points no accies fan was expecting to get at the start of the day. All in our hands now a win against Cove at Home will see us win the group. Hopefully have 1 or 2 signed by next week and hopefully Dylan McGowan is one of them.

Count me as another that didnt expect such a positive performance. Really enjoyed the game and think you can see a proper team coming together.

A bit more composure in the box and we could have got the win we deserved, even zanatta came within a fingertip save of scoring a cracker.

Felt we were always going to be under pressure in the second half, but cant fault the effort today.

Cove losing 5-0 at home tonight to Livi is a good sign for Saturday. Tbf to Cove 2 of there best players in Megginson and Fyvie were injured tonight If they aren't back in the next week and a bit it's a very good time to be playing Cove twice. 

On 20/07/2023 at 22:25, Beckford said:

Because we are supposed to be an inclusive club or do you just not like wee lassies football. Like the men and boys team they are nothing more than tenants. That doesnt bother a fan of our club?

Ask yourself why do we have a run down stadium with side show nonsense, such a poor support, poor facilities, crap expensive food, no club shop, fans that wont drink in the stadium bar, poor product on the park, crap relationship between fans and club, managers who employe tactics you dont like etc.

Who runs the stadium?

You dont agree, so i have to go elsewhere? No worries, i suggested you look into the share issue, if you dont want to, its up to you.  The statement claims the share issue is all sorted if your happy with that, great.

Your reference to another poster elsewhere shows what camp you are in. I have been civil, you resort to the tone that others have used towards said poster (who i have never met fyi) The clubs line is only one individual is raising issues. Believe that if you want, why are they never answered by the club and attempts to intimidate were made? (With the wrong individual at that!)

If someone doesnt agree with you, you throw a wee tantrum and insults. Class act. I will stop bothering you now.

Most fans I know are sick of the negative crap from a section of our support, Its not worth anyone's time speaking up though because all you'll get is online abuse and abuse at games. The stadium is swings and roundabouts, There are advantages and disadvantages regarding ownership, We've just come through one of the most successful periods in our history without ownership, Its not a problem to most fans other than people like you who need to be negative and find something to cry about. The section A crowd can be great when things are going OK but are first to criticise and disappear when things aren't going well. The silent majority now want to get on with supporting Accies and winning promotion. 

1 hour ago, George Caplin said:

The section A crowd can be great when things are going OK but are first to criticise and disappear when things aren't going well 

So the only folk that criticise sit in section A ?

The only Accies guy doesn’t …some folk on Acciesworld ( going by their posts ) don’t ….

My group of friends have always sat at that end of the stadium and we are silent ( well on the internet anyway) in our thoughts about the goings on at HAFC ….

So what I’m saying ( in a roundabout way ) is that it’s not only fans in section A that moan and not all folk that sit in section A are ( public) moaners ….

4 hours ago, George Caplin said:

Most fans I know are sick of the negative crap from a section of our support, Its not worth anyone's time speaking up though because all you'll get is online abuse and abuse at games. The stadium is swings and roundabouts, There are advantages and disadvantages regarding ownership, We've just come through one of the most successful periods in our history without ownership, Its not a problem to most fans other than people like you who need to be negative and find something to cry about. The section A crowd can be great when things are going OK but are first to criticise and disappear when things aren't going well. The silent majority now want to get on with supporting Accies and winning promotion. 

Show me where there is abuse to anyone? The point of a forum is to discuss views, no? Claims of abuse have been made by the club a few times now and found to be false.

As a fan who attends almost all games, home and away, the support of the team is not up for question. As clearly stated, the changes that have happened recently have been praised and supported. When there are positive actions by the club, we get behind them 100%

Not sure what the reference to section A has to do with me as I have never Sat there. I do buy a season ticket every year though.

The complaints raised about the dreadfull customer service / fan experience are valid. The fans are taken for granted / treated with utter contempt by the club and speaking out is the only way to resolve.

We have a kit launch, open day and forum on Sunday, why is this not being promoted by the club?

As I have stated elsewhere, i stayed away from sites like this and Accies world for years, as I didnt wish to add to the negativity around our club. There is a point where you have to speak out though, is it not possible that change is happening now as a result of the volume of fans demanding change?

Edited by Beckford

6 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/1684680057539702785?t=HxBJWWABMdU1tPi9EiQ9dw&s=19

The amount of delusion from Ronnie here. "We stopped playing the kids and it became a shambles" was one of the many delusional statements in this article.

Its always claimed that "fan apathy" is the cause of all the clubs problems. Blame the fans when we were told the club didnt need fans during the good times. Funny how we get the blame during the tough times.

Why is there never talk of why there is this apathy? Why were there no efforts to build the support when we clearly had some great teams?

Why not value the support of fans that buy season tickets every year regardless of how they are treated. Why not praise fans that follow the club through thick and thin. 

Ronnie's memory once again playing tricks. That match against Aberdeen, Friday night not midweek, had a packed home stand. We'd just beaten Celtic FFS! Only a few dozen empty seats scattered about the stand so we had around 3,000 home fans.

Also, I don't think relying on 16 year Olds in a relegation battle would have been a winner. More of McGinn maybe but Forsyth wasn't physically ready imo. One got several chances, did quite well at times, less well in others.

Edited by Owsley 2

Articles like this really wind me up when they are littered with complete inaccuracies.

The attendance on the Friday night we beat Aberdeen was over 3,000 and the main stand was relatively busy. Ronnie suggesting more than 1,600 were in the away end is nonsense.

The youth game yes had over 3,000 too, but it was free to enter (so didn't sell out) and was the very first game in a european competition for the club. 

Honestly with attitudes like that it's no wonder the football club was a shambles. f**k the lot of them. 

2 hours ago, Beckford said:

Its always claimed that "fan apathy" is the cause of all the clubs problems. Blame the fans when we were told the club didnt need fans during the good times. Funny how we get the blame during the tough times.

Why is there never talk of why there is this apathy? Why were there no efforts to build the support when we clearly had some great teams?

Why not value the support of fans that buy season tickets every year regardless of how they are treated. Why not praise fans that follow the club through thick and thin. 

To be fair, we did have two seasons in the Premier with ridiculously low season ticket prices, for adults anyway. £150 & £180.