The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.e18036e64bf89dbee26942fa9b705238.png

Any good?

On his day excellent but that day is very infrequent. Although, the majority of Accies fans would like him to stay, mainly because he's actually an Accies fan. 

However, the same journalist wrote yesterday that we were trying to sign Greg Docherty so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

Posted (edited)

I think smith's form leading up to the play offs has been great, especially since his position was tweeked tbh (Rankin actually got something right here) He played a major part in getting us back up.

As above, don't believe anything in that rag relating to Accies, but if there is something in it, shame on the club for letting him go just as he has his mojo back. Surely bollocks as he would only be going sideways? Might just want a change as he is entering the twilight of his career but hope he stays.

Edited by Beckford

16 minutes ago, Beckford said:

I think smith's form leading up to the play offs has been great, especially since his position was tweeked tbh (Rankin actually got something right here) He played a major part in getting us back up.

As above, don't believe anything in that rag relating to Accies, but if there is something in it, shame on the club for letting him go just as he has his mojo back. Surely bollocks as he would only be going sideways? Might just want a change as he is entering the twilight of his career but hope he stays.

He's 24.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Any good?

Great this season. Looked crap in an admittedly awful team 2 seasons ago. Had one of the worst accies performances I've ever seen at Firhill that season when we drew 1-1. 

1 hour ago, Beckford said:

He is about 23-24, so not exactly in the twilight of his career ffs.

Top for assists I think and that is despite Rankin dropping him/having him as a Sub for months.

They have offered him a deal just over half his current wage allegedly which along with shoving Fulton out the door as he was on £1.8k per week,shows they want guys on lower wages.

He was great the last month of the season and if not mucked about, would be a starter next season.

Givehimadecentdeal.com

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Any good?

He's a really good player when he plays with confidence, he will always give 100% and was really good for us this season especially the second part of it scoring some important goals for us. However when he's low in confidence it's clear that he struggles admittedly did struggle for pretty much all of last season when we were in the championship however like I've mentioned he has done well in L1 for us. I hope we manage to keep him but wish him the best regardless of what happens and if he does go I imagine there's a good chance he'll end up back with us at some point later in his career. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

He's 24.

There was a wee element of sarcasm meant in that given that he seems to have been around forever. Never expressed that very well though to be fair. Apologies troops

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ryan Fulton joining us on a pre contract. I assume as 3rd choice to replace McGovern.

A good move that for him financially I  can't blame him for taking it. However it's a bit disappointing that he'll not play much now at the same time I would rather see him going to Hearts than a Falkirk/Airdrie. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ryan Fulton joining us on a pre contract. I assume as 3rd choice to replace McGovern.

Good keeper but made of glass. Was going to say not playing much might help that but think he missed 4 or 5 months after slipping leaving his house.

Think he made 94 appearances in 7 years and we have played 319 games in that time so he has managed about 30%.

Edited by FuzzyBear

35 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Good keeper but made of glass. Was going to say not playing much might help that but think he missed 4 or 5 months after slipping leaving his house.

Think he made 94 appearances in 7 years and we have played 319 games in that time so he has managed about 30%.

Sometimes find these moves a bit odd. From what I remember seeing of him he's decent but he's not going to be first, or even second choice at us with Gordon and Clark ahead of him. I get it'll be more money than a lot of places will offer him but we also aren't going to offer loads to a 3rd choice goalie. Surely he could've got a move that would see him play. He's 28, not like his career is at an end.

22 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Sometimes find these moves a bit odd. From what I remember seeing of him he's decent but he's not going to be first, or even second choice at us with Gordon and Clark ahead of him. I get it'll be more money than a lot of places will offer him but we also aren't going to offer loads to a 3rd choice goalie. Surely he could've got a move that would see him play. He's 28, not like his career is at an end.

He’s settled up here with his family. There’s a chance I suppose he could go out on loan to get game time; he’s probably eyeing up being 2nd choice at least behind Clark when Gordon retires as well.

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

He’s settled up here with his family. There’s a chance I suppose he could go out on loan to get game time; he’s probably eyeing up being 2nd choice at least behind Clark when Gordon retires as well.

We already have Harry Stone who we rate highly as well so no guarantee of 2nd choice either. In fact I think this move is so we can loan him out.

I accept that can change obviously and he might not progress as we'd hoped.

11 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Lewis Smith signed with us, 2 year deal with club option of a 3rd year

On his day he is superb. He is on his day half a dozen times a season.

I'll miss Lewis a lot. Played through a lot of shite and it's rare we have a player with a connection to the club. Was crucial in us going up this season too. Hope he smashes it at livi (not against us tho). 

33 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Lewis Smith signed with us, 2 year deal with club option of a 3rd year

This is what happens when you mess about and low ball players.

If you can keep his confidence high, he will be a key player for yous. 

No doubt will come back to haunt us when we meet.

Wow, didn't think they would actually let him go to a team we will be competing with for free. A week ago he scored for the club he loves. A week later he's out the door. Something doesn't feel right about this tbh. 

Obviously really sad to see him go especially with him being a fan. He gave everything for us good to see him leaving on high as we all know he had a really difficult season last year. Really disappointing that it seems like the club haven't offered him what's he's worth hopefully he does well at Livingston.