The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

21 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Jamie Hamilton apparently  training with Ayr United.

I was looking forward to a central defence of Fergus Owens and Jamie Hamilton, but sadly that won’t be the case.

Was playing as trialist  last night 

I really like Jamie Hamilton. Accies stood by him even though he stalled on signing a contract before the start of last season thinking he could do better elsewhere and then came back with his tail between his legs when that didn’t happen. I imagine Accies offered him a reduced deal this season because of his injury history which is understandable. No club will offer him a better deal owing to his injury history, I hope his gamble pays off but I doubt it. Shame, he could have been top drawer.

Now we know everyone who's under contract for this season what positions do people still think we need over the next 2 months? I think it's essential and required that we get 

2 strikers, a left sided winger to give Henderson competition,  an attacking minded midfielder and a right back to give Tumilty competition. 

I also wouldn't mind potentially getting rid of someone like Hendrie or Kilday to bring a better standard of backup and maybe a more younger defender but I don't think that's required. 

12 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Now we know everyone who's under contract for this season what positions do people still think we need over the next 2 months? I think it's essential and required that we get 

2 strikers, a left sided winger to give Henderson competition,  an attacking minded midfielder and a right back to give Tumilty competition. 

I also wouldn't mind potentially getting rid of someone like Hendrie or Kilday to bring a better standard of backup and maybe a more younger defender but I don't think that's required. 

I don't think we've actually improved in any position compared to what we had at  various points last season. Fulton needed replaced, Smith needed replaced and I'm not sure if Maguire and McGinty were signed as starters. Our forward line is really underwhelming at the moment.

The 2 guys on trial today were Midfielder Paul Allan from Dunfermline and left winger Quinn Coulson from Alloa Based on what I seen today and what I've heard from Dunfermline and Alloa fans Allan would be a good signing they're fans seem to be a bit disappointed that he's left and think he's better than a few of the options they've kept however do we really need another defensive minded midfielder? Could that mean that the club are looking to punt Macdonald i wonder. Coulson not so much Alloa fans seem to think he's an average league 1 player and based on today I don't think they're wrong

Don't think any of the first team from the second game were good today the midfield looked extremely flat Bradley and Coulson were both poor and O'Hara got no service at all still early days but a bit concerning. First game is what you would expect given the level we were up against. However you really do struggle to take away anything when up against sides like Gala and Cumbernauld and I don't get why that's the standard we constantly play against in pre sseason. Like a few people have mentioned is that really the best we could do? Especially in our 150th season. 

Also looks like we might need a center half as a priority now as I think we've just lost Fergus Owens for most or all of the first half of the season would have been ideal now if we had given Jamie a contract till January.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I don't think we've actually improved in any position compared to what we had at  various points last season. Fulton needed replaced, Smith needed replaced and I'm not sure if Maguire and McGinty were signed as starters. Our forward line is really underwhelming at the moment.

Fulton was always going to be a really tough one to replace I think Albinson is a good signing but I do agree that he's not an upgrade on Fulton. Maguire I'm not to sure about especially with having another defensive midfielder on trial currently who looks better than what he is. McGinty is an upgrade on guys like McGowan and Kilday for me and I do think McGinty has been signed to start. I definitely agree with what you said about the forward line and we definitely need to add a few options to the attacking options in the next 2 months. 

17 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Did Owens get injured today, Ian?

Stretchered off with leg support being attached to him.

I missed the challenge myself but he was definitely uncomfortable and was in distress.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seemed as would be a big loss for the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, Theaccie1 said:

Stretchered off with leg support being attached to him.

I missed the challenge myself but he was definitely uncomfortable and was in distress.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seemed as would be a big loss for the start of the season.

Awful news. 

On Fergus Rankin has said that Fergus thinks that he might have overreacted however there still needs to be a scan maybe not as bad as first feared but I still think he'll be out for a few games hopefully he's back soon as we all know he'll be really important for us. 

22 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I really like Jamie Hamilton. Accies stood by him even though he stalled on signing a contract before the start of last season thinking he could do better elsewhere and then came back with his tail between his legs when that didn’t happen. I imagine Accies offered him a reduced deal this season because of his injury history which is understandable. No club will offer him a better deal owing to his injury history, I hope his gamble pays off but I doubt it. Shame, he could have been top drawer.

We’ll take the view that it’s a gamble but if we offer him a multi year deal and it pays off then we’ve got a sellable asset. 

He likely won’t start as first choice but by all accounts played well in his 45 minutes last night. Good range of passing and very vocal in defence. 

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ll take the view that it’s a gamble but if we offer him a multi year deal and it pays off then we’ve got a sellable asset. 

He likely won’t start as first choice but by all accounts played well in his 45 minutes last night. Good range of passing and very vocal in defence. 

If we sign Hamilton I think he’ll be our starting RB unless we sign another RB. 

Quite mental when you think about the amount of ex players of each team that could be lining up first game of the season. For Hamilton: Albinson, McGinty, Longridge, Hewitt, Bradley. Potentially Rose. For Ayr: McMann, Stanger, Oakley. Potentially Hamilton and Hastie. 

I do like the look of Allan and like I've mentioned the reviews from Dunfermline fans seem positive as they seem disappointed to lose him so I think it would be a good signing however again I am bit surprised we're looking at another defensive minded midfielder we would have Allan, Martin, Maguire, Hewitt and Macdonald would have Williamson and Barjonas as well who are a bit more attacking minded however I think we are needing someone who is  a bit more attacking minded to start. I would assume that if we did sign Allan that would mean that someone would be leaving. You would have to assume that it would be Macdonald 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we sign Hamilton I think he’ll be our starting RB unless we sign another RB. 

Quite mental when you think about the amount of ex players of each team that could be lining up first game of the season. For Hamilton: Albinson, McGinty, Longridge, Hewitt, Bradley. Potentially Rose. For Ayr: McMann, Stanger, Oakley. Potentially Hamilton and Hastie. 

Genuinely from that list I think I’d have Bradley and even then I’m not sure where he fits in to our shape. Always thought he was too slow to play out wide.